PDA

View Full Version : Request - More high-level raid content without repetition timers

sirgog
06-06-2008, 01:26 AM
Something is bugging me.

Currently, every time I make a Shroud group and we complete the quest, several things happen.

1) Some people choose to D-Door out of the quest rather than actually get completion, so that their current toon (usually an in-demand class for the Shroud - Brd, Clr or Brb) can repeat the quest the next day with friends/guildies. The timer mechanic forces these people to miss out on the most important chests of the raid. Those chests have of course been balanced with this in mind - I'm not suggesting removing the Shroud timer as it is a key balancing factor in the existing design

2) If the group was particularly good (either in the sense of being great players or just a fun group) and I want to run other content with them, usually I can't run other raids with them as some of the party will be on timer on each and every raid I might suggest. So the group either all switches to alts and we run the same raid again, or we split up and the fun of sticking with those same 11 folks is lost.

To address these concerns, I suggest that we have more end-game raid content that has no repetition timers. After all, there's a reason Tempests' Spine won the favorite raid contest some months back

This would mean it shouldn't have Warded Chest style bound loot (as this would be quite unbalanced if you could simply grind for whatever item you wanted by repeating the quest till ransack). It should instead have loot mechanics much like Prison of the Planes, Tempests' Spine or the Black Mausoleum - rare, unbound named loot.

I'm assuming that the new raid encounter area, the Subterrane, will fit this request, but the two new raid quests 'Hound of Madness' and whatever the other was called will not. This is a small step in the right direction, but 1 high-level and 1 mid-level non-lockout raid is IMO not enough.

Also, I wouldn't be opposed to a small number of 6-player quests with lockout timers and bound, uncommon but not rare loot, just as something interesting for a change. Just as long as they are in the minority, so that when you complete one of these quests with a fun/cool/good group, you can go straight into something else.

MysticTheurge
06-06-2008, 07:12 AM
To address these concerns, I suggest that we have more end-game raid content that has no repetition timers.

The Subterrane is a raid-group exploration zone. I can't imagine that it will have timers.

Gluegun
06-06-2008, 07:17 AM
Try to get ALL your characters to 1750 favor. You will find it gives you content to enjoy. Repetative ... yes but still a goal for you.

Griphon
06-06-2008, 09:30 AM
Try to get ALL your characters to 1750 favor. You will find it gives you content to enjoy. Repetative ... yes but still a goal for you.

Ugh.
The favor grind as reply to a serious request?

Step away from the Keyboard.. and nobody will get hurt

No seriously. The favor bit is a grind. Not an acceptable offered solution for anybody who has multiple capped.... and 1750+ characters.

Healemup
06-06-2008, 09:45 AM

Better yet, try to get ALL your characters to max favor... ;)