PDA

View Full Version : Devs, don't ever preach to me about exploits again

parvo
06-05-2008, 06:09 PM
You patched the game and patched the patch and there is still no arcane spell failure while wearing armor. A Bush speach about WMD's in Iraq has more honesty than a Dev speach about expoits.

boldarblood
06-05-2008, 06:11 PM
what a terrible analogy.

ArkoHighStar
06-05-2008, 06:13 PM
they never said the patch would address this, only that it would address the character switching issues. Bugs are bugs sometimes they happen in our favor sometimes they don't. Why are you so worried just don't wear friggin armor for petes sakes if it bothers you so much. I bet we will see a patch early next week to address some of the items on the known issues list and some of the discovered bugs l ike ASF in armor. The thing is a castor in full plate regardless doesn't really help much at higher levels anyway, as they also take large penalties to dex based skills like balance.So while it may seem like it is game breaking it is not

Impaqt
06-05-2008, 06:16 PM
ASF in Heavy armor is not Game breaking..... People unable to log in is. Not even the major issue with Blade Barier right now is game breaking..... Extreamly annoying? Absolutely.... Breaking? No.

The ASF in armor hasnt even made the known issues list yet. We can only assume the devs dont even know about it yet. How can they fix things they dont know about?

Seems all the devs are more interested in which server gets done first than communicating with the community on the several bugs we've found.

Hendrik
06-05-2008, 06:33 PM
You patched the game and patched the patch and there is still no arcane spell failure while wearing armor. A Bush speach about WMD's in Iraq has more honesty than a Dev speach about expoits.

Get a grip.

Drider
06-05-2008, 06:34 PM
Get a grip.

qft.

ArkoHighStar
06-05-2008, 06:41 PM
ASF in Heavy armor is not Game breaking..... People unable to log in is. Not even the major issue with Blade Barier right now is game breaking..... Extreamly annoying? Absolutely.... Breaking? No.

The ASF in armor hasnt even made the known issues list yet. We can only assume the devs dont even know about it yet. How can they fix things they dont know about?

Seems all the devs are more interested in which server gets done first than communicating with the community on the several bugs we've found.

the other reason it might not be on the list is that it does prevent someone from doing anything, like say the problem with alchemic bonuses, that and putting it there, like posting all over the forums instead of putting in a bug report simply encourages people to do it

Impaqt
06-05-2008, 06:46 PM
the other reason it might not be on the list is that it does prevent someone from doing anything, like say the problem with alchemic bonuses, that and putting it there, like posting all over the forums instead of putting in a bug report simply encourages people to do it

The FUnny part of that is it sounds like you think 14 more AC from a Set of Full Plate is gonna make a difference....

ArkoHighStar
06-05-2008, 06:48 PM
The FUnny part of that is it sounds like you think 14 more AC from a Set of Full Plate is gonna make a difference....

its not, as I said in my first post, but why gives some noobs an idea that it would

parvo
06-05-2008, 08:20 PM

What kind of DR does a Tower Shield Blocking caster get? I forgot the formula.

As for the title of the thread and OP, I just wanted the sheep to come bump it. I knew if I posted something reasonable it would get buried under the crush of players crying they got nerfed in mod 7. It is poor quality and godawefull testing, but it's not the end of the world. I do think it's contradictory for devs to preach about how players shouldn't exploit while ignoring thier own lack of attention. This bug reminds me of the old attack speed bug. It should have been hot-fixed immediately, but not enough people care.

Josh
06-05-2008, 10:31 PM

As for the title of the thread and OP, I just wanted the sheep to come bump it. I knew if I posted something reasonable it would get buried under the crush of players crying they got nerfed in mod 7. It is poor quality and godawefull testing, but it's not the end of the world. I do think it's contradictory for devs to preach about how players shouldn't exploit while ignoring thier own lack of attention. This bug reminds me of the old attack speed bug. It should have been hot-fixed immediately, but not enough people care.

They've been doing this since day 1. The bugs that make it through the laughable "QA" just reinforce my opinion that the people making this game don't play it.

I would imagine that the ac would be much more valuable to a permadeather caster than one who isn't though. Casters in full plate!! It's all the rage in Europe I hear. Very poor initial analogy IMO, but I feel where you are coming from man.

Riddikulus
06-05-2008, 11:13 PM
14 more AC won't make a diff at level 16. But my level 9 sorc will be loving it while it lasts.

parvo
06-05-2008, 11:23 PM
They've been doing this since day 1. The bugs that make it through the laughable "QA" just reinforce my opinion that the people making this game don't play it.

I would imagine that the ac would be much more valuable to a permadeather caster than one who isn't though. Casters in full plate!! It's all the rage in Europe I hear. Very poor initial analogy IMO, but I feel where you are coming from man.

No one I know in PD would abuse this. However, if you have a caster who normally runs around with light armor and a 5-10% spell failure, you can't really ask him to take it off. To me it's just really sad that something that easy to test, wasn't.

bobbryan2
06-05-2008, 11:31 PM
No one I know in PD would abuse this. However, if you have a caster who normally runs around with light armor and a 5-10% spell failure, you can't really ask him to take it off. To me it's just really sad that something that easy to test, wasn't.

Something that easy to test?

My normal testing routine isn't to equip my sorc in full plate and see if she can cast spells better. That's so out there of a bug, I'm surprised it wasn't caught 2 weeks down the road.

ArkoHighStar
06-05-2008, 11:41 PM

so basically your thread was an attempt to troll and provoke a reaction breaking this code of conduct rule

1. While participating in The Dungeons & Dragons Online: Stormreach Community Forums, you must respect the rights of others to participate in the community. To this end you may not harass, defraud, threaten or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other members. This includes, but is not limited to:

-Name-calling or other insults
-Posting with the intent of provoking another user or users
-Flaming another user for their spelling or grammar
-Bringing disagreements with someone into unrelated threads

Yshkabibble
06-06-2008, 12:50 AM

I agree sounding like a moron is the way to get results.

Hambo
06-06-2008, 01:09 AM

This raises the question of whether the issue has actually been bug reported yet or merely B*****d about in the forums.

Unless an official bug report is filed it won't get entered into the official "fixit" list.

Or, as we're fond of saying in these forums: "Screenshot or it didn't happen"

Gunga
06-06-2008, 01:17 AM

bah.

Dark_Helmet
06-06-2008, 03:03 AM

:eek:

Simply wow..... totally missed the boat. It was to fix the client hang / character saving issue.

Maybe we should be saying "Don't ever post again..."

transtemporal
06-06-2008, 04:38 AM

Exactly. I was only wearing mith plate on my sorc 16 cos it looked cool, honest. :D

transtemporal
06-06-2008, 04:44 AM
Something that easy to test?

My normal testing routine isn't to equip my sorc in full plate and see if she can cast spells better. That's so out there of a bug, I'm surprised it wasn't caught 2 weeks down the road.

Good point. We're talking about a fairly esoteric bug here. I wouldn't necessarily expect to see it in a test script for a new release. I would expect it to be picked up through regression testing but maybe Turbine doesn't have the test harness for it, regression testing can get pretty expensive. *shrugs*

The WotAII bug on the other hand is worse... thats a new piece of functionality that you can test during routine unit/system testing... naughty turbine! :)

GlassCannon
06-06-2008, 06:19 AM
http://www.ubercharged.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/something_completely_different.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r220/florencescman/Monty%20Python/wackyplanetshop_1889_13759076.jpg http://soundsofthecinema.blogspirit.com/images/medium_2.4.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee307/sarin_elf/1209974826139.jpg

Yaga_Nub
06-06-2008, 07:04 AM
Chill. Here have a kitten.

http://www.catpage.us/images/jmiller41/jmiller41_kittenimage1.jpg

thatguy
06-06-2008, 07:10 AM

If I can get infraction points for having political statements in my sig, then the same should apply too your post.

Rules should apply to everyone, right?

Tenkari_Rozahas
06-06-2008, 07:30 AM

sorry, PDer's generally have a rule about not using exploits. >> besides, if you want a heavy armor wearing caster, you just make a WF :p

MysticTheurge
06-06-2008, 07:43 AM
As for the title of the thread and OP, I just wanted the sheep to come bump it. I knew if I posted something reasonable it would get buried under the crush of players crying they got nerfed in mod 7.

Way to admit to trolling.

Yaga_Nub
06-06-2008, 07:53 AM

http://www.wortfilter.de/kurios/0701/troll-ex/index-Dateien/troll_spray.jpg

parvo
06-06-2008, 07:56 AM

Thanks MT. I knew I could count on you.

DelScorcho
06-06-2008, 08:46 AM

Go back to Pakastan, Obama. Its really great we can discuss these issues on this hard core political board.