PDA

View Full Version : Blade Barrier Bug

EightyFour
06-04-2008, 10:07 PM
It seems that if you are fighting a red named creature, they well hit you blade barrier and take damage, but when they walk thru it again, they take no damage and take no damage from any further blade barriers you cast. I'm thinking this has to be a bug because why would htey take damage only once and than not take damage from a seperate Blade Barrier.

I noticed this with the DQ Pre Raid with the Rakasha and noticed this with the trolls at the end arena fight in VON 1.

Anyone else seeing this problem with blade barrier on red names?

Changing this to in general, Blade Barriers are not functioning very well, Ingstoldt on VON 2 took one hit and was than immune to all blade barriers afterwards. Please make this a priority fix, it's bad enough the cost of a cleric, but to take down effectivness as well hurts a whole lot, just makes me not want to play a cleric at all anymore.

I guess I should add that these are non stacked blade barriers, so if the Dev's decided the blade barriers should not stack like they did with firewalls than this is not the case.

I figure I'll give it a month or so to get fixed, after that, I'm going to prob. just delete my cleric and just not deal with it anymore.

Kobash
06-04-2008, 11:07 PM
I had this same problem in Trial by Fire tonight with Rort Rotseer. First blade barrier hit him, then nothing else, even after letting one run out and casting a new one. I'm hoping this is a bug.

Rekker
06-05-2008, 06:49 AM
Bug reported ?

Freeman
06-05-2008, 06:53 AM
I figure I'll give it a month or so to get fixed, after that, I'm going to prob. just delete my cleric and just not deal with it anymore.

If you expect it to get fixed in a month or so, I'm afraid you're in for a letdown. Oh wait, you're not a rogue or bard. It will be fixed in a week or two tops.

stockwizard5
06-05-2008, 09:43 AM
Both Blade Barrier and Wall of Fire are having Geometry/Immunity/Effectivity "issues" as reported repeatedly ... bet they are related :(

juniorpfactors
06-05-2008, 10:04 AM
yep while soloing in vale.....lay down 1 bb they take damage....drop another that doesnt overlap at all and now neither do any damage....its all messed up

jrp

EightyFour
06-05-2008, 12:11 PM
I finally understand how to do BB tell this is fixed, it seems that as long as you keep to one BB your ok, which is good in one way. But it does suck. At least I know how to do damage now though.

Vizzini
06-05-2008, 12:12 PM
Please see this thread:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=148790

EightyFour
06-05-2008, 12:14 PM
If you expect it to get fixed in a month or so, I'm afraid you're in for a letdown. Oh wait, you're not a rogue or bard. It will be fixed in a week or two tops.

I know if it was something like my rogue couldn't disable traps or maybe if my search skill was above a certain point and effected it in a way that made it so that I couldn't find the traps, I would be just as mad. But that's not the what happened, or at least that I can tell. Also I don't mind waiting for Way of the Assassin 2 either, as it is new and not something that I've been using for the past year.

EightyFour
06-05-2008, 12:15 PM
Please see this thread:

Yeah, i saw that, that's how I saw that only one BB at a time, but good post for anyone that has not seen it.

Austinb1235
06-05-2008, 12:16 PM
Why cant the dms figure out ALL of the prblems instead of having downtimes every once in a while, there is ALWAYS a bug going on, theres always lag going on that still hasnt been fixed, come on dms fix these things!

Durack
06-05-2008, 06:23 PM
aye blade barriers just not working the same as pre-mod 7 some red named immune

Impaqt
06-05-2008, 06:50 PM
aye blade barriers just not working the same as pre-mod 7 some red named immune
I havnt seen any red named pop up an immune (Or purple for that matter) It simply doesnt do damage. No Save. No Immune. No Nothing.

Turial
06-05-2008, 09:28 PM
This isnt isolated to just red named mobs...we just tend to notice more when the mob is red named because they survive the innitial hit. Regular mobs are able to run freely through blade barriers after the first tick of damage. Bug reported it last night

Durack
06-07-2008, 01:51 AM
http://www.socon.ca/img/fist.jpg