PDA

View Full Version : Issues mail cash/plat.

Akhad_Durn
06-04-2008, 12:24 PM
I have nine characters, and since I fully expected Turbine to add another character slot with mod 7 wasn't worried about being able to make one when the mod released. Unfortunately they didn't add an additional slot. I spent a good amount of time moving junk off of my oldest character (he'd essentially become a mule due to bad planning), so I can delete him to make a monk

After getting all the equipment transfer, it occurred to me that I really should mail off the 300,000 pp that he's been carrying around. Normally I don't mail cash around (too risky with today's postal system :p), but oddly no one was on from my mail guild (at 3 a.m., slackers :rolleyes:), so I couldn't just do a hand off. So I decided to mail it to my other characters.

Anyway...

I'd been sending items to my other characters all night, so I'm sure I was getting the names right, but when trying to send cash it would act as though I hadn't sent mail at all. I'd create a mail, enter the name, put in a subject, and then enter the cash amount 9999 pp and 9999gp, then click send. It wouldn't generate an error, but the cash wouldn't be taken from my character. I tried this six seven times before logging onto my other characters to check if they were getting it or not, they were not, they weren't even getting any mail.

I'm sure I've done this before, but maybe I'm just doing something boneheaded. Anyone else seeing this?

BTW: This character I want to get the cash off of is in a different guild from all my other characters.

Edit: Ack... can't update the title...

Brynjolf
06-04-2008, 12:34 PM
I have seen this issue as well. Sometimes when I try to mail something (plat or items) it simply doesn't go. No error message is shown and the item or plat simply stays in my inventory. I usually wait about 30 seconds and try again (sometimes 2 or 3 times), but it eventually gets sent. I have no idea why the mail system does that, but at least I haven't lost anything (yet?). :rolleyes: Bug report it. :)

FWIW, I saw this before the mod 7 patch as well.

Akhad_Durn
06-04-2008, 01:15 PM
I have seen this issue as well. Sometimes when I try to mail something (plat or items) it simply doesn't go. No error message is shown and the item or plat simply stays in my inventory. I usually wait about 30 seconds and try again (sometimes 2 or 3 times), but it eventually gets sent. I have no idea why the mail system does that, but at least I haven't lost anything (yet?). :rolleyes: Bug report it. :)

FWIW, I saw this before the mod 7 patch as well.

I've seen this as well (pre-Mod 7), and saw it quite a bit last night as well. I'm not sure that this is the same thing though since I did allow time between failures to send before trying again. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Ah well, nothing to do but try again tonight. Good to know that it doesn't seem to be a wide spread new issue.