PDA

View Full Version : ***tome pages now bound in book***

juniorpfactors
06-04-2008, 10:11 AM
:mad:tome pages now bound in the book? no trading now................

totally uncool without warning:mad:

jrp

Lorien_the_First_One
06-04-2008, 10:18 AM
:mad:tome pages now bound in the book? no trading now................

totally uncool without warning:mad:

jrp

And I'll add...why? What the heck was wrong with them being tradeable? How are they any different than scales?

tihocan
06-04-2008, 10:20 AM
Sounds like a bug. I see no reason to bound these pages.

Borror0
06-04-2008, 10:28 AM
*thinks of the nicest reply*

That's ********. It better be a bug.

juniorpfactors
06-04-2008, 10:28 AM
it says...no space available when i try to move them back into my backpack

totally uncool

jrp

Beherit_Baphomar
06-04-2008, 10:29 AM
it says...no space available when i try to move them back into my backpack

totally uncool

jrp

Thats what ingredients say too....highlight the page and click the remove arrow in the bag, it should transfer to yer backpack.

juniorpfactors
06-04-2008, 10:31 AM
let me go look...cause i dont remember any arrow on the tome book

juniorpfactors
06-04-2008, 10:34 AM
nope there is no arrow...to send it to your backpack...so its either a bug or they need to add the arrow....or they bound them

jrp

alans240
06-04-2008, 10:36 AM
This is probably related to the Known Issue where you cannot drag and drop items from bags to your inventory. This is most likely just a bug and will be fixed.

tihocan
06-04-2008, 10:45 AM
This is probably related to the Known Issue where you cannot drag and drop items from bags to your inventory. This is most likely just a bug and will be fixed.
Oh yes, it's definitely that.

Gryphton
06-04-2008, 11:48 AM
OH MY! I have my 14 pages on my banker toon who is never going to go past level 1, and literally I think if it wasn't a bug I would be super upset about that.

*edit* I was smart enough to take them out of the tome before the update and yes I can still transfer or mail them *edit*

Gryphton
06-07-2008, 10:25 AM
Can we get some sort of confirmation that this will be fixed or that we are sol, either way I would like to know.

DaveyCrockett
06-07-2008, 10:26 AM
Can we get some sort of confirmation that this will be fixed or that we are sol, either way I would like to know.

I confirm that this will be fixed.

Malhavic_clovenhelm
06-07-2008, 10:31 AM
same problem with my shield set, but atleast its getting fixed

Luthen
06-07-2008, 11:49 AM
same problem with my shield set, but atleast its getting fixed

"Mod 8.1"?

Gryphton
06-10-2008, 09:00 PM
Ok, next question. Does anyone know if this is going to be fixed anytime soon or should I give up with my wishful thinking?

Kaldaka
06-11-2008, 06:44 AM
nope there is no arrow...to send it to your backpack...so its either a bug or they need to add the arrow....or they bound them

jrp

Since they aren't bound if they are not in the tome/shield/whatever then its highly likely that they didn't bind them ... so hopefully this bug will be fixed soon (unless they all of a sudden decided these pieces would bind when placed into tome/shield/whatever .... :()

geoffhanna
06-11-2008, 07:11 AM
I was trying to remove a page last night. I did not get a message that they are bound to the tome collecotor. Instead I kept getting amessage that my inventory was full (tho it was not).

Talcyndl
06-11-2008, 10:12 AM
I assume that they don't bind simply in your inventory - only when in the book?

Black_Flamingo
06-11-2008, 10:19 AM
They aren't bound in the usual sense of the word.
A more appropriate word to use here is "stuck" in the book, due to the bag bug.
They can still be traded freely, they just can't be removed from a book until it is fixed.

Borror0
06-11-2008, 10:21 AM
I assume that they don't bind simply in your inventory - only when in the book?
Basicly, you (currently) can't get them out of the book.

Gryphton
06-11-2008, 11:28 AM
Yes. They are not bound. There is a bug that won't allow you to remove any item from frames. The shield pieces can't be removed from the shield frame, the tome pages can't be removed from the book, any holding device that does not have arrows for gathering or removing is broken. It's just annoying because I, and allot of other people I am sure, have multiple pages or shield pieces that are the same and would love to be able to get our reward without having to give up the rest of the pages or shield pieces. Also I am sure allot of folks would love to be able to trade the pages that everyone more than likely has stored in the frame or book as it takes one spot in your bank compared to 8 bank spots, so 99.9% of us have all of their shield pieces or tome pages stored in their appropriate places and now no one can get them out. I got lucky and had all my pages seperated out on my banker toon, but this is certianly the exception, but I sure would still love to be able to trade or sell all those duplicate shield fragments that I have. I am really hoping that this is one of those bugs that they really do fix in a timely fashion and not just another one that they say they will fix at some point and we might see it 6 months down the road. I'd really love to be able to stick my death nips on my barbarian soon, but can't do this until my guildie can give me the 3 extra pages he has stuck in his book. Granted, yeah I could go back to mining LOTD but we all know how many weeks/months this could take with the current drop rate. I just would love to see it fixed before my new toon has all multiple sets of tier 3 GS weapons. I do understand that these things happen though and the whole coding and developing is a difficult process in which they try to fix things for everyone benefit and sometimes things they did not consider happen as a consequence. I just see that all of the Necro/Orchard rewards being messed up is not cool since that whole area is pretty much unplayed since the abbot fiasco. I would have thought they may add more stuff in to entice players to explore the necro/orchard quests more, not screw up the main reason why people run those quests in the first place. I meet new players all the time who have never even stepped foot into the orchard for anything but exploring trying to get tapestry shreads from the outdoor area. Most people have been scared off or turned off or whatever by the whole Abbot thing awhile back and the new players have no real reason to run those quests multiple times trying to get sigil pieces to get into a pre-raid that most people, at least on my server (sarlona), never run, in order to do a raid that 95% of the players don't know and no one ever runs. The Tome Pages and the Shield pieces are the main reason the people I know bother with the Orchard at all and with them being stuck in 99% of peoples books or frames makes the ability to be able to gather up a full set of either a much more difficult process and turns people away from an area of the game that currently needs more reasons to attract folks than any other. I guess we can simply hope that are kinda devs can do an easy quick patch on this matter and in my dreams maybe even see a revamping of the Orchard in an upcoming mod.

Talcyndl
06-11-2008, 11:42 AM
They aren't bound in the usual sense of the word.
A more appropriate word to use here is "stuck" in the book, due to the bag bug.
They can still be traded freely, they just can't be removed from a book until it is fixed.

Guess it's important to not have auto-gather turned on in the book. Books do have auto-gather, right?

Galacticus
06-12-2008, 01:00 AM
Talked to GM about it...it's a bug

Chameleo
06-12-2008, 12:48 PM
I have a couple questions regarding ideas I have had to try and get around this...

1. Do you lose the extra pieces in your frame when you turn it in, or does it only take one set?

2. Are the items (shields) bound, or can you trade them, from say your bank toon, to another player? I had a guildie able to put his shield in the trade window, but we chickened out on actually trading it for fear it would get stuck on the wrong character.

Basically what I want to do is make a shield from the pieces that I have on my bank toon (stuck in the frame with many extras) and then give that shield to my guildie.

Thanks for your info!

Chameleo
06-12-2008, 12:49 PM
Guess it's important to not have auto-gather turned on in the book. Books do have auto-gather, right?

No, there is no option on the book for auto-gather.

Gryphton
06-12-2008, 12:55 PM
Yes, we all know that it is a bug. The question now is when it is going to be fixed. Is it possible to just put in a ticket and wait for a GM. Can a GM somehow take the pages or shield fragments from the book/frame and place them in your inventory? If it was possible for a GM to just come by and stick the pages or pieces into your backpack that would solve allot of the issue, not the whole thing and I am sure that they have other things to be doing, but sure would make at least a bunch of us happy.

Beherit_Baphomar
06-12-2008, 01:16 PM
Its a bug.

Just thought Id clarify that.

Chameleo
06-12-2008, 02:03 PM
Its a bug.

Just thought Id clarify that.

I'm clear on that, thank you.

I am trying to find a work-around until they get around to fixing it.

Gryphton
06-13-2008, 04:54 PM
Let me know if you figure out any work-arounds in regards to this. Peace

Lyssen
06-16-2008, 11:48 PM
i found out about this bug tonight...got the canned blah blah response ..i asked if he could just take them outta the book and got no reply...but he did close the ticket...

Inspire
06-16-2008, 11:57 PM
Completed Shields Are Now Bound Aswell.

juniorpfactors
06-17-2008, 12:35 AM
but these are not finished items and tome pages can be sold....via ah... so they need to fix this asap...i got a toon ready for a skivver and i was using the book to save space in my bank on an alt....

not cool at all

jrp