PDA

View Full Version : Race to the Subterranean

Pages : [1] 2 3

Tolero
06-03-2008, 05:42 PM
http://ddoimages.level3.turbine.com/files/16/13/75/93/1404.jpg
Last updated 6-6-08, 3:30 PM EST

The Grand Masters of the Twelve have breached the barrier on the Thelanis server! Congratulations to the players of Thelanis for being the first to reach the finishline! Share your most fond memories of the race here in the thread!

Were the predictions correct? View the running poll of who players thought would win the race! Vote/root in the poll for your favorite Server, and cheer them on to victory (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=148833)!

MrCow
06-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Oh dear, they are turning it into a competition. :rolleyes:

May the most populated server win! :p

Silthe
06-03-2008, 05:48 PM
I have faith that the Sarlona elite will upset the overpopulated favorites.

~Silthe

Dark_Helmet
06-03-2008, 05:49 PM

They did say it would be pro-rated based on server population.

But an update on FRIDAY would mean this is a long haul.... and people (who have the slots:() will start playing monk more.

Impaqt
06-03-2008, 05:49 PM
Wow, So not even an Update till the 6th? How many of these stupid coins do we need to turn in? I kinda figured I'd be in the new raid this coming weekend.. Hmmmm..

Borror0
06-03-2008, 05:51 PM
Our first scheduled chart update will be: Friday, June 6th

Out of curiosity, how often will you update afterwards?

Borror0
06-03-2008, 05:52 PM

Faith is for those who are unlikely to win.:D;)

Kraak
06-03-2008, 05:52 PM
Just ran the titan - I'm out. Let me know when its opened. I'm sure some dev's thought it was funny but its a sorry excuse for not developing content.

pumagirl418
06-03-2008, 05:58 PM
up until i see we don't get an update on unlocking it until friday...

Whatever happened to, and I quote, "Undertake exciting D&D quests that focus on adventure, not grind". Where is that quote from? The originaly box. I don't play to grind I play to have fun.

A day of this maybe two wouldn't be bad... but a week/month/year... Did my part count me out, I'm not grinding my 7 toons to open some stupid new content... for the next, however long.

A day or two would have been interesting, but obviously you really don't want us playing this stuff so. whatever.

peeved, with yet another grind from turbine.

Angelus_dead
06-03-2008, 06:01 PM
But an update on FRIDAY would mean this is a long haul.... and people (who have the slots:() will start playing monk more.
Right, waiting for Friday for the first update means they expect only minor progress can be gained until that point. It's not interesting to watch a "Race Progress" screen if it only gets to update 2 or 3 times during the race, so they've probably planned it to take about a month.

Tolero
06-03-2008, 06:02 PM
You're actually doing very well, and we may update the graph even sooner if you all keep progressing the way you are! All of the servers are making good progress :)

mudfud
06-03-2008, 06:03 PM

~Silthe

Didn't read the posts after this...

WOOHOOO

SARLONA!!!

we have a fan:D

Docent
06-03-2008, 06:04 PM
Sarlona? Hah! Khyber will crush you all!

Borror0
06-03-2008, 06:05 PM
You're actually doing very well, and we may update the graph even sooner if you all keep progressing the way you are! All of the servers are making good progress :)

That means you can see the data right now? Who's ahead?

GoldyGopher
06-03-2008, 06:06 PM

What he said.

Coldin
06-03-2008, 06:07 PM
Come on, there has to be a Dev or QA out there for Thelanis!

BigNastyMP

~Silthe
This made me smile. I agree, we will be the first.

Borror0
Ok, so who are the Turbine employees voting for Thelanis?

EDIT: Coldin and I are on the same wave length.

Yuhjn
06-03-2008, 06:11 PM
Next update June 6th? So obviously this is going to take awhile.

This is pretty cheezy attempt to cover up a lack of high end content.

Just let me into the new raid already... I really could care less about a server to server competition.

Pellegro
06-03-2008, 06:12 PM

~Silthe

What the???

Well, its official. Turbine's DEV team are totally out of it.

Everybody who plays this game even a little knows that Ghallanda's a shoe-in. Sheesh.

:D

Borror0
06-03-2008, 06:15 PM
Next update June 6th? So obviously this is going to take awhile.

Let's hope we just go faster than they planned we would.;)

TommyBoy
06-03-2008, 06:17 PM
i cant log in to argo so clearly they're cheating to give you weeker servers a chance. We all know once argo gets in that we'll crush everyone else.

Docta_PoPo
06-03-2008, 06:19 PM
dats right give us that slot in the w we already won

Muirtach
06-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Come on, there has to be a Dev or QA out there for Thelanis!

Probably jumping ship to a server that will win seeing as how you Thelanis kids can only seem to bicker over how to open the raid best.

Eladrin
06-03-2008, 06:20 PM
How can I root for anyone but Thelanis? Let's show those other servers who's boss.

BigNastyMP
06-03-2008, 06:21 PM
For those who are impatient and want a sooner update, here you go:
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z207/BigNastyMP/sarlonarocks.jpg

juniorpfactors
06-03-2008, 06:24 PM
well considering 4 of my toons are waiting to be saved????????????
and the rest cant log in....its been 12 min and still loading...please wait....

for 3 hours during the day the same GARBAGE..........this is so uncool flagged all weekend and I cant even play

garbage total garbage

Django
06-03-2008, 06:26 PM
Did I hear anyone say Argonnessen? Because if I didn't I'd start to think there'll be a lot of people who will be incorrect.

Freeman
06-03-2008, 06:28 PM
If Tolero pulls for anyone but Thelanis, lots of people are going to be very upset ;)

Coldin
06-03-2008, 06:30 PM
How can I root for anyone but Thelanis? Let's show those other servers who's boss.

We have Eladrin on our side. How can we lose now? :cool:

Btw Eladrin, I didn't see any new Iron Companions in Mod 7. It's ok, I forgive you. But you won't be so lucky next time. :)

Eldorudo
06-03-2008, 06:31 PM
What the???

Everybody who plays this game even a little knows that Ghallanda's a shoe-in. Sheesh.

Which is precisely why I have sided with Ghallanda. I like to win! :D

Go Ghallanda!

Korvek
06-03-2008, 06:32 PM
Did I hear anyone say Argonessen? Because if I didn't I'd start to think there'll be a lot of people who will be incorrect.

Nah, most people don't say Argonessen because the Argonites are too busy raiding in order to unlock the Subterrane. I only have time to peruse these forums because I'm a lazy portal beater ;)

Tolero
06-03-2008, 06:33 PM
If Tolero pulls for anyone but Thelanis, lots of people are going to be very upset ;)

Bah, I can't pull for anyone, I have to be all neutral mediatorish graph keeper person
>>
<<
*coughgoteamcough*

TommyBoy
06-03-2008, 06:36 PM
For those who are impatient and want a sooner update, here you go:
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7338/1400ty1.jpg

fix that for you

HumanJHawkins
06-03-2008, 06:36 PM
If you plan to do this kind of thing in the future, you should consider developing a real-time reporting system... It is not difficult to hook up a web graph to a DB query... Granted, your systems must be pretty dang complex, and you don't want to lag things by querying constantly. But even something that would auto-update every 30 minutes would be sweet.

The competition is only exciting if you can see "Oh ****... they pulled ahead" and then respond by trying to reverse it.

It is going to really suck for whatever server gets to Friday and finds they are last in the race... Especially if it is by a big enough margin that it makes that server feel like they can't catch up.

(Of course I am not naieve enough to think that you won't quietly fudge the numbers if that happens to keep your player base happy... But still it would be nice to avoid such shenanigans if possible)

DoctorWhofan
06-03-2008, 06:48 PM
Bah, I can't pull for anyone, I have to be all neutral mediatorish graph keeper person
>>
<<
*coughgoteamcough*

I think that was a vote for Thelanis:p

Wizzly_Bear
06-03-2008, 06:52 PM

iamsamoth0
06-03-2008, 06:53 PM
A lot of personality on tap tonight! Must be a late night...Best of luck on launching 7.
Can't wait to get back playing more.

Korvek
06-03-2008, 06:57 PM
too many people listening to "kung fu fighting" :mad:

It's just so addictive (http://youtube.com/watch?v=MJQu97_Xwiw):D

Dark_Helmet
06-03-2008, 06:58 PM
well considering 4 of my toons are waiting to be saved????????????
and the rest cant log in....its been 12 min and still loading...please wait....

for 3 hours during the day the same GARBAGE..........this is so uncool flagged all weekend and I cant even play

garbage total garbage

Put in a ticket noting which characters are stuck saving (I used gameplay). Took them about 5 minutes to respond (while I was playing another character!)

ShadowFox1978
06-03-2008, 07:03 PM
Does the NPC dialogue change at certain milestones? People are reporting Reaver done, but the dialogue has just changed, it still says we need more.

DeadlyGazebo
06-03-2008, 07:04 PM
We have Eladrin on our side. How can we lose now? :cool:

Btw Eladrin, I didn't see any new Iron Companions in Mod 7. It's ok, I forgive you. But you won't be so lucky next time. :)

Eladrin may know a lot about monsters, but I write the code that makes them easier to kill on argo :)

Glin
06-03-2008, 07:05 PM
What the???

No no - I totally agree. Ghallanda is raid righteous!
I got my plat on all those former Fernians to have the first shoes in the hole.

Korvek
06-03-2008, 07:10 PM
Bah, had my hopes up. Don't you love lag?

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh127/Thanquiol/ScreenShot00182.jpg

Yaga_Nub
06-03-2008, 07:11 PM
mmm...not so much. argo hasnt been raiding much today. only about as much as an average day on khyber, and im sure they stepped up their game today. i almost had to fight for some of the raids i did today. too many people listening to "kung fu fighting" :mad:

Wiz you havne't been on Argo long enough to speak for us. We raid at night EST, people on during the days are just slackers with no life.

Silthe
06-03-2008, 07:11 PM
I've spent the last couple of weeks scoping out the various worlds before choosing my favorite and I have seen nothing to shake my confidence that Sarlona has the most organized and commited raiders out of all the worlds. While everyone else is talking about it, the Sarlonians are out there doing it.

Booya!

~Silthe

Glin
06-03-2008, 07:17 PM
I've spent the last couple of weeks scoping out the various worlds before choosing my favorite and I have seen nothing to shake my confidence that Sarlona has the most organized and commited raiders out of all the worlds. While everyone else is talking about it, the Sarlonians are out there doing it.

Booya!

~Silthe

But you were just cheering for Risia!?

Tolero
06-03-2008, 07:25 PM
Does the NPC dialogue change at certain milestones? People are reporting Reaver done, but the dialogue has just changed, it still says we need more.

Correct! The Grand Masters of the twelve will periodically give you updates at various milestones. They're also very excited that players are helping, and like to reward participants who bring them the tokens with buffs :D

Silthe
06-03-2008, 07:26 PM
But you were just cheering for Risia!?

I have a soft spot for the underdogs.

But my money has to go on Sarlona.

~Silthe

Attomic
06-03-2008, 07:27 PM
Did I hear anyone say Argonnessen? Because if I didn't I'd start to think there'll be a lot of people who will be incorrect.

Argodzillanessen FTW!

Oxvon
06-03-2008, 07:28 PM
Oh man a competition, sweet. I hope we win!

Vizzini
06-03-2008, 07:29 PM
Damn right!

Wizzly_Bear
06-03-2008, 07:34 PM

Mhykke
06-03-2008, 07:37 PM
people on during the days are just slackers with no life.

My ears are burning.

Kistilan
06-03-2008, 07:38 PM
Wiz you havne't been on Argo long enough to speak for us. We raid at night EST, people on during the days are just slackers with no life.

Yeah Wizzly, Yaga's right there. I forgot to mention that you'll see a HUGE increase in about 2 hours on Argonnessen, far from what we saw while we were trudging through Three Barrel Cove's new quests.

And for those who haven't bothered, they're not bad, but they're not good. If you like puzzles, you'll enjoy them all. If you like evasion builds (ie MONKS), you'll have no problems either.

The rest of you will be cursing at the ladders and how ridiculous mouse look is as its nearly required to use if you haven't got twitch skills. And even then, it's inferriorating because no one practices mouse look gaming often either.

Argonnessen and Mabar, Dragons of the Eternal Night, shall bring forth the Subterranean's Passage on the morrow's Dawn.

Gratch
06-03-2008, 07:42 PM
Wow... tiring... 3 titans, 3 dq's, 3 velahs, 1 shroud and 1 reaver so far today. If all the ingredient people take the same number of tokens, I see the shroud as the longest haul both due to time and complexity (and since the newbs on argo can't do it on elite). It was also the only one we ran on not-elite since we wanted to see the changes first.

Wizzly_Bear
06-03-2008, 07:46 PM

Gryphton
06-03-2008, 07:51 PM
It would only be a competition if there was any real competition. It makes me happy to see everyone pulling for their underdog servers, but the simple truth of it is that we on sarlona know what's up. But good luck to everyone else even though it won't help ya ;)

Coldest
06-03-2008, 07:53 PM
That update took about 2 mins to download. This is a whole mod. lol.

Vinne
06-03-2008, 08:00 PM
I hope this dose not take a month to open.... some people dont have any new content to run atm....being that there char slots are full and can't create a monk and there to high lvl to realy check out 3BC stuff... and running all old raids again is realy getting boring quick and not beable to do them for another 2 days and half being on all timers

dragonofsteel2
06-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Yeah these old raids or old for a reason I want new content, not to run same old quest over to open new content. If these raids not open by the weekend I will be very disappointed. I am already bored of these raids, I can careless who wins the server wars, I just want the new raids to be open soon. This what people do to wiat for the new content seems really dumb make use do it even more to open the new raids.

Dark_Helmet
06-03-2008, 08:13 PM
hmm...i dont recall seeing much evening time raiding since ive been here. at least not like what khyber does. hope yall prove me wrong.

Yep, I prepped 9 for DQ2, 6 for dragon and have 10 for reaver, 10 for Vale, 11 for Titan.

3 queen, 10 Reaver , 1 shroud down.. lots to go ;)

thatguy
06-03-2008, 08:26 PM
I have a soft spot for the underdogs.

But my money has to go on Sarlona.

~Silthe

Excellent choice I must say. We won't let you down. :)

LeslieWest_GuitarGod
06-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Turgrind... oops... I mean Turbine. ;)

Borror0
06-03-2008, 08:54 PM
Eladrin may know a lot about monsters, but I write the code that makes them easier to kill on argo :)

It's because Argo needs help to kill mobs. We don't.:D

sativathered
06-03-2008, 09:22 PM
Which is precisely why I have sided with Ghallanda. I like to win! :D

Go Ghallanda!

that is what i am talking about!!!!!:):):)

Beherit_Baphomar
06-03-2008, 09:34 PM

~Silthe

Id put faith in Argonnessen noobs before Sarlona Elite....kinda....an oxymoron huh? Sarlona Elite...

Kinda like peanut butter and mayo.......just doesnt go together......Sarlona elite.....

Nope, leaves a dirty taste in my mouth........

*slinks back under his rock*

ChildrenofBodom
06-03-2008, 09:35 PM
Argo > all

Sorry for the disappointment to anyone not part of the most uber server on the planet.

Lorien_the_First_One
06-03-2008, 09:36 PM

In another thread they already said they plan to cheat and "tweak" the turnin requirments for lower population servers....

Korvek
06-03-2008, 09:38 PM
By the way, it may be a bit off-topic, but I like what you did with the Titan. :)

Borror0
06-03-2008, 10:19 PM
By the way, it may be a bit off-topic, but I like what you did with the Titan. :)

:confused:

Lewcipher
06-03-2008, 10:28 PM
No offense, but this seems like "stall tactics". As in, since we can't fix ladders, or hit people running (yes, that's still happening), we'll start a contest to see who can run all other raids the most!

No offense folks, but I have to say this was bad. The Monk, I must say, is a very welcome addition, and you folks did a great job implementing it. The rest..meh...I play because I love D&D. You folks code because you love code (I like code too, but D&D is better).

Neat idea, bad way to run it. Sorry, just my two cp's.

JayDubya
06-03-2008, 10:31 PM
[QUOTE=Lewcipher;1731971]No offense, but this seems like "stall tactics". As in, since we can't fix ladders, or hit people running (yes, that's still happening), we'll start a contest to see who can run all other raids the most!
QUOTE]

Frankly, I don't know what you're talking about. Having run a bunch of low-level quests, I found the ladders fixed, and I hit monsters that were running away often. Not all the time, but often.

And then there's the new explorer area, the new bounties, the new weapons and armor and shields, the new bags and quivers and all that other stuff.

JayDubya
06-03-2008, 10:31 PM

You mean the new Electric Slide Titan?

Lewcipher
06-03-2008, 10:38 PM
Jay, sorry bro. I wasn't trying to sound mean about it. Maybe just the couple of ladders I hit today :). It's fun and all, but new content has to be opened by repeating old content that I'm sick of? Why? That's all I'm asking. How about new content to open up more new content? OR Focus on the Monk. I just noticed that when I click on myself that I am +1. I rock :)

Wizzly_Bear
06-03-2008, 10:39 PM

Fernando
06-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Argo > all

Sorry for the disappointment to anyone not part of the most uber server on the planet.

What more is there to say? Argonessen's supremacy is obvious and we shall naturally win this little contest soon enough. We wish all of the other servers the best of luck claiming second place. :p

Go Argo (and don't make me look bad)! :D

Lewcipher
06-03-2008, 10:42 PM
What more is there to say? Argonessen's supremacy is obvious and we shall naturally win this little contest soon enough. We wish all of the other servers the best of luck claiming second place. :p

If ya promise me a set of +5 Holy Silver Vorpal Handwraps, Thelanis will let you win!

rpasell
06-03-2008, 10:42 PM
Well 3 Reavers, a Dragon, A Queen, and a Titan down.

Love the changes to the Titan, not the yawn fest it once was. DQ took a little longer since FW doesn't stack. Dragon hasn't changed, and the Reaver seems to hit harder and spawn fewer ele's.

Ghallanda FTW.

Wizzly_Bear
06-03-2008, 10:47 PM

Kisaragi
06-03-2008, 11:10 PM

I love how all the non-drow races boast how well they're doing. Yes keep up the good work to open up new areas. Use all of your resources, and grow tired from all the battles. Smart drow I know are sitting in taverns waiting for the information to roll in, so that we know how to be prepared.

Then when everyone is exhausted, broke, and in rough spirits, the Drow Homelands will seize the city. You will bend to our will. We were here a lot longer then the rest of you. Our City. /banish.

ROVER
06-03-2008, 11:10 PM
If i have to bet for sure they won't open the new content until the weekend.
Not updating anything until friday...... that is cheap, so much of a race that nobody can see how it unfolds.
Titan... I liked it a little bit better than before, but as our beloved ladder bug (it will never go away), they still they have that last pillar on the right bugged! the laser hits=the pillar drops even at a 100%. Also I do not mind getting knocked down but it looks like the titan is getting the new trends (aka blades on the shroud) because you do not get a save. Also be sure to have your auto gather option off your collectibles bag, as the bag takes the crystal and you will have to look inside to get it.
The reaver is a walk in the park (it already was!) actually now is just plain boring you do not even have to cast the dancing spheres anymore.
They made a lot of changes to the dq (or at least i saw a lot more blades) but our poor marillith just cannot move anymore.
The pit fiend just do not hits as often, on part 2 looks like all the nameds come back to the center now (devs said that they were supposed to stay at certain places) do not mind that change but why do we keep getting mixed information?
Most of the changes to th AI have been good but there is a lot of shield block that you can still do and some others just do not move.
You called up for a race! set the target, let us know how we are doing and let things unfold as they would.

staples
06-03-2008, 11:50 PM
maybe if the devs fixed the log on issue that they dont acknowledge....the bars can move faster???

esoitl
06-03-2008, 11:59 PM
Wow, So not even an Update till the 6th? How many of these stupid coins do we need to turn in? I kinda figured I'd be in the new raid this coming weekend.. Hmmmm..

that's what i was thinking.... new MOD out and witrhin hours the power gamers have the Raid unlocked

i like it better this way though, makes it more work but at least it'll bring back the older raids for a while for some of my lowers

EightyFour
06-04-2008, 12:04 AM
Anyone ever think that maybe the Dev's are being human, and we know how humans are, they are lazy, self-serving, greedy, self-right, wrong-do'ers. I should know, I am one. As they say, takes one to know one right?

Anyone ever think that maybe it's not going to take long? That maybe this is going to be over in 3 days times? And that maybe the Dev's only feel like counting this once?

How good would it be if the raid was unlocked and the Dev's never told anyone who won? Can we say server flame war?

I figure that the Dev's know how we are, we smoke c***k and stay up all night playing to get the new content open like ravenous piranhas. I mean the Dev's know because they are one of the pack, there just higher up on the food chain now. Eventually when you play enough games you level up and become a Dev.

JustTurner
06-04-2008, 12:18 AM
Sorry i was to busy raiding over on Sarlona to notice this thread at first... Go Sarlona

Nataichal
06-04-2008, 12:34 AM
huh? I'm supposed to be paying attention to something besides leveling my monk?

Hvymetal
06-04-2008, 02:03 AM
I love how all the non-drow races boast how well they're doing. Yes keep up the good work to open up new areas. Use all of your resources, and grow tired from all the battles. Smart drow I know are sitting in taverns waiting for the information to roll in, so that we know how to be prepared.

Then when everyone is exhausted, broke, and in rough spirits, the Drow Homelands will seize the city. You will bend to our will. We were here a lot longer then the rest of you. Our City. /banish.

Pffft!!! Everyone knows Drow with their obigatory 6 CONs go down quicker than a... uhhhh... Lady of the Evening in Tijuana. You shall all soon be forced to learn reconstruct for your Warforged overlords!!!! :D

Allice
06-04-2008, 02:06 AM
The *laughs* "Warforge overlords" *uncontrollably laughing* will have to be reprogramed errr i mean "Learn" to be vending machines .... mwahahahahahahahaha. Anyways we all know halflings will rule the world. I mean we can and will bite your kneecaps.

Ghoste
06-04-2008, 02:13 AM
The *laughs* "Warforge overlords" *uncontrollably laughing* will have to be reprogramed errr i mean "Learn" to be vending machines .... mwahahahahahahahaha. Anyways we all know halflings will rule the world. I mean we can and will bite your kneecaps.
Get back to my tower, lab rat!

I apologize everyobdy. We will apparently not be injecting that batch of hallucinogens into our test subjects anymore...

Allice
06-04-2008, 02:15 AM
No no i have seen your future.... and its dispensing pre packaged thinlly sliced fried potatoes called "potatoe chips" and other oddly created items one of them called a "candy bar" And your young will be dispensed as something called "soft drinks"

*I want it to be noted im just being silly i actually do like warforges occasionally..... though healing you can be a bit ummmmm difficult at time."

Ghoste
06-04-2008, 02:27 AM
No no i have seen your future.... and its dispensing pre packaged thinlly sliced fried potatoes called "potatoe chips" and other oddly created items one of them called a "candy bar" And your young will be dispensed as something called "soft drinks"

*I want it to be noted im just being silly i actually do like warforges occasionally..... though healing you can be a bit ummmmm difficult at time."
Only if those packaged and sliced goods are made of fleshlings...

You'd be surprised how many warforged out there get a perverse pleasure out of the fact that it is harder to heal them. Some even take improved fortification and don't tell the cleric just so they can laugh when the cleric can't heal them.

Oh, fun times!

Hvymetal
06-04-2008, 02:40 AM
Only if those packaged and sliced goods are made of fleshlings...

You'd be surprised how many warforged out there get a perverse pleasure out of the fact that it is harder to heal them. Some even take improved fortification and don't tell the cleric just so they can laugh when the cleric can't heal them.

Oh, fun times!

"Ohhh yea of course I have Healer Friend, I even took Healers Friend III!!", "Hmmm your not healing my bar as much as you usually would?, I umm have an extraordinary amount of HP's for this level, yea that's it" :D

Allice
06-04-2008, 02:52 AM
oh dont get me wrong if worse comes to worse the warforge will be the first to dye in the group..... *grins evily*

Hvymetal
06-04-2008, 03:03 AM
oh dont get me wrong if worse comes to worse the warforge will be the first to dye in the group..... *grins evily*Nah, we have gotten so used to playing self sufficient (those of us that have been playing forged for a long time) that we will more than likely be the ones packing you fleshies stones back to the shrine when a Cleric can't heal you all fast enough.....

Allice
06-04-2008, 03:06 AM
Nah, we have gotten so used to playing self sufficient (those of us that have been playing forged for a long time) that we will more than likely be the ones packing you fleshies stones back to the shrine when a Cleric can't heal you all fast enough.....

Not a problem ive ever had. There are alot of wonderfull warforges out there.... enough for my UMD rogue to keep Wands on her to heal them..... that coming from me should say something. But Ive also never had a time when I let the warforge die either even when the rest of the group requested it. I hope you remember that in your conquest........ as i am using a smiter on you in battle on my rogue ...... =P

Aranticus
06-04-2008, 03:27 AM
2 vons, 1 dq, 6 reavers down so far. more to go

ps: the giantcraft guy updated his text from "halfway there" to "almost there"

shel12
06-04-2008, 03:46 AM
Go Ghallanda

Lillitheris
06-04-2008, 04:38 AM

Fernia all the way ! :cool:

Irked
06-04-2008, 04:49 AM
Hmmm... a few of the servers seem to do nothing but spend time on this thread talking about how they are going to win. Lots of big talk for a bunch of forum surfers. I would bet the servers that arnt posting every 20 seconds on the thread might actually be out raiding and getting it done.
Btw. Great job on quivers, monks, and Wf titan changes. But this grind is getting old real quick. And on top of it all, yey we have real weapons craftable in the shroud. Time to start the grind again. *HEAVY SIGH*

GlassCannon
06-04-2008, 05:53 AM

~Silthe

Some of us moved to Mabar.

This should shift some balance.

GlassCannon
06-04-2008, 05:54 AM
huh? I'm supposed to be paying attention to something besides leveling my monk?

Echoed.

Grond
06-04-2008, 06:30 AM
Hmmm... a few of the servers seem to do nothing but spend time on this thread talking about how they are going to win. Lots of big talk for a bunch of forum surfers. I would bet the servers that arnt posting every 20 seconds on the thread might actually be out raiding and getting it done.
Btw. Great job on quivers, monks, and Wf titan changes. But this grind is getting old real quick. And on top of it all, yey we have real weapons craftable in the shroud. Time to start the grind again. *HEAVY SIGH*

Some of us have two boxes, it's easy to skim a thread while auto attack is going off, or you're waiting for someone else to take care of their part. :D

Which is precisely why I have sided with Ghallanda. I like to win!

Go Ghallanda!
The Voice of Big Red has spoken! Go big G!

Yaga_Nub
06-04-2008, 06:39 AM
whats a life? was that supposed to be in the new mod? think i missed a file on the patch....

Yeah I would submit a bug report for that. Damn it! One more issue to add to the known issues list. ;)

Yaga_Nub
06-04-2008, 06:40 AM
My ears are burning.

I thought you said it burned when you pee? You pee out of your ears?

Wizzly_Bear
06-04-2008, 06:42 AM

Yaga_Nub
06-04-2008, 06:44 AM

:confused:

I LOVE what you did with the Titan. It definitely makes 2-manning it a semi-challenge now instead of a cakewalk.

Wizzly_Bear
06-04-2008, 06:48 AM

moorewr
06-04-2008, 07:29 AM
Only if those packaged and sliced goods are made of fleshlings..

Soylent Green is people food!

Yaga_Nub
06-04-2008, 07:31 AM
Soylent Green is people food!

Don't eat it! Don't eat it! Soylent Green is PEEEEEEOOOOPLE!

JayDubya
06-04-2008, 08:25 AM
pwned by $urh

Ouch!

Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!

OUCH!

That's a terrible, terrible pun, Glin.

:)

Hanneman
06-04-2008, 08:29 AM
Is it just me or does this feel like a dot race at a ball game.

JayDubya
06-04-2008, 08:30 AM
Jay, sorry bro. I wasn't trying to sound mean about it. Maybe just the couple of ladders I hit today :). It's fun and all, but new content has to be opened by repeating old content that I'm sick of? Why? That's all I'm asking. How about new content to open up more new content? OR Focus on the Monk. I just noticed that when I click on myself that I am +1. I rock :)

I understand. I'd love more frequent new quests as well.

Having said that, I'm really enjoying the camaraderie and the passion behind getting these raid tokens turned in. I'm not usually a serial raider, but spending a few hours yesterday doing exactly that was a lot of fun. The Legion people were surprisingly patient with us non-Legion types, and it was great.

moorewr
06-04-2008, 08:33 AM
I understand. I'd love more frequent new quests as well.

Having said that, I'm really enjoying the camaraderie and the passion behind getting these raid tokens turned in. I'm not usually a serial raider, but spending a few hours yesterday doing exactly that was a lot of fun. The Legion people were surprisingly patient with us non-Legion types, and it was great.

Ssssh! You'll blow their rep!

debo
06-04-2008, 08:40 AM
While I guess I applaud Turbines effort at trying to turn all the negativity surrounding the usual "first to beat the raid" competition into a positive.... I think this was a bad idea. Players have been farming these raids for years in some cases and really don't want to go back into them anymore lol. The only reason why people still run some of these old raids is because the game lacks content. Do we really have to be forced to grind them again just to unlock new content? Not to mention, it seems it is going to take a lot of tokens if we only get our first update on Friday? If you really wanted to do this right that graph on the homepage should be updated DAILY. It would get people a lot more involved instead of this blind rat race that we have now. It just wasn't implemented properly... I am sorry.

Aerilyn
06-04-2008, 08:46 AM
I see all of you noobs running Reaver, Titan, Queen, Dragon....Where is your Abbott:) LOL

Argo for the Win:)

See ya in Stormreach tonite:)

Aerilyn

Lorien_the_First_One
06-04-2008, 08:50 AM
Hey, there's only one line per server. Does that mean all tokens are equal? It doesn't matter if you get them from Reaver, Titan, whatever?

Leyoni
06-04-2008, 09:02 AM
I am sure that the contest will appeal to a select subset of players. It does not, however, appeal to me and I will be participating only in the sense that I may happen to run a quest that provides a needed reward during my regular playing of DDO.

I do not fault DDO for the event, however. It is certain to appeal to many players and that is good. D&D is not the same thing to everyone, nor was it meant to be. So, having different things available to different players is a good thing and not a bad one.

On a slightly off-topic note, the changes that I have seen thus far are very nice. Much cleaner looking environment. Three Barrel Cove is very nicely done.

Pellegro
06-04-2008, 09:08 AM

WRONG SIR!! WRONG !!

But you do look mahvellous ...

Puuk
06-04-2008, 09:33 AM

~Silthe

Nonsense. Thelanis will subjugate those it deems weaker into quivering mounds of ooze and revel in the lamentations of the Halflings.

Pharaz
06-04-2008, 09:34 AM
So if this requires mass quantities of keys from raids does that mean the new place is just another raid? Just asking since I started playing DDO when it started because after 5 years of doing raids in EQ I was happy to see a game without raids. I find it disappointing that so many high level dungeons all seem to be either for raids or requirements for a raid.

dragnmoon
06-04-2008, 09:36 AM
Nonsense. Thelanis will subjugate those it deems weaker into quivering mounds of ooze and revel in the lamentations of the Halflings.

NEW DEV SPOTTING!!!!!!!

Welcome to these crazy forums Puuk

Angelus_dead
06-04-2008, 09:38 AM
So if this requires mass quantities of keys from raids does that mean the new place is just another raid?
It's been announced that there are three zones in there, and all of them are 12-man instances. One of them might be reasonable to play in groups of only 6, but the others probably call for more.

The_Phenx
06-04-2008, 09:42 AM

We Lamentate?

Grosbeak07
06-04-2008, 09:46 AM
I'm on Thelanis and would love to see us win, but I know we won't.

Takes too long to role play each raid with a perma-death character.

DrAwkward
06-04-2008, 09:54 AM
maybe if the devs fixed the log on issue that they dont acknowledge....the bars can move faster???

Yeah, I went in to the living room and watched the Underdog movie while waiting for my character to load. It was about as much fun as running VON again, do I get any keys for it?

Darth_Sizzle
06-04-2008, 10:09 AM
Yeah, I went in to the living room and watched the Underdog movie while waiting for my character to load. It was about as much fun as running VON again, do I get any keys for it?

I had this problem (and so did a couple of guildies), just alt+f4 to quit then log back in. Worked every time.

juniorpfactors
06-04-2008, 10:13 AM

ya if you would fix my toons from " still saving" maybe i could play the game

jrp

Darth_Sizzle
06-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Sarlona is going to win.

We had everyone in our guild off of timers before the new Mod came out & ran all the pre-reqs on every character (if I don't see sand ever again, it'll be too soon...)

So far we're on a roll (http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/3319/timersuy4.jpg), though I had a difficult decision to make (http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/9905/shroud20thdn7.jpg). Can't wait for 2 days and 18 hours to pass! (http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/2372/essenceia7.jpg)

dragnmoon
06-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Ghallanda just finished all the Reaver coins it needs..

The Collector for the Reaver raid Made a World announcement that she got all she needed and starting casting a ritual against the barrier

Now Ghallanda start working on the other raids.. :D

Dragon.Star
06-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Ghallanda just finished all the Reaver coins it needs..

The Collector for the Reaver raid Made a World announcement that she got all she needed and starting casting a ritual against the barrier

Now Ghallanda start working on the other raids.. :D

Nice Job Ghallandians, lets keep up the good work. Titan and Dragon here i come.

dragnmoon
06-04-2008, 10:49 AM
Nice Job Ghallandians, lets keep up the good work. Titan and Dragon here i come.

We have a secret Weapon.... DDO Korea Season II *Formally known as DDO Korea* :D

moorewr
06-04-2008, 10:49 AM
I'm on Thelanis and would love to see us win, but I know we won't.

Takes too long to role play each raid with a perma-death character.

So, you figure we'll be in 2nd place? :cool:

The_Phenx
06-04-2008, 10:58 AM

Hey we did our part last night on Khyber... and I was rewarded with a +3 con tome for my efforts.

But it was terribly difficult to wade through all the monks. I've got there leavings all over my armor.

Griphon
06-04-2008, 10:59 AM

~Silthe

Woot!

A Dev call'n out the Power Gamers of Sarlona.

I did my best, 3 reavers, 1 titan, and 1 shroud completed. But then the girlfriend came home, and I got all distracted. Ah well. More runs on Thursday..

Grosbeak07
06-04-2008, 11:26 AM
Quote:

I did my best, 3 reavers, 1 titan, and 1 shroud completed. But then the girlfriend came home, and I got all distracted. Ah well. More runs on Thursday..

Where is your dedication man! You should have explained the situation to her more clearly, sent her to the store for a good supply of Mountain Dew, chips and Frozen Pizza. Explain how important this is and try to ignor those coded messages she sends "Like I'm going to bed now (and think you should too)" or "I'm going away for the weekend, with my new friend Matt whom I met at the store getting your stuff..."

Or just do what I did. Get her hooked on DDO and she can run the raids, while I sleep :)

Puby
06-04-2008, 12:06 PM

Dam right we will!:P

rob48481
06-04-2008, 12:14 PM

Amen brother!

zombie_steve
06-04-2008, 12:17 PM
I did my part, all my characters are officially on reset timers except 1 reaver, and 1 dragon . I will be doing those later today, but sadly it doesn't look like Argo is fairing well on grand scheme of thing but tonight that is subject to change without notice:

"We shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in The Twilight Forge, we shall fight on the Shroud and the bridge floating thing island majiger, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our server, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the circle of eternity, we shall fight on the Inner Sanctum, we shall fight in the pre-reqs to get lowbies keyed and in the same place again in 2 days and 18 hours, we shall fight in the places all over again and win; we shall never surrender"

Argo pwns all yer faces

(( In saying, I changed a Mr. Churchills words to match the mood and the feel of the game, here is a link to his original speech he made June 4, 1940 to a house of commons. | http://history.hanover.edu/courses/excerpts/111chur.html ))

Eldorudo
06-04-2008, 01:07 PM
I knew I picked a winner with Ghallanda! Keep up the good work. We shall defeat!

...and eat lots of cookies.

Tolero
06-04-2008, 01:07 PM
The first update of the race has been posted! It's a fierce battle. Ghallanda has pulled ahead, overtaking Khyber and Thelanis in the early hours. Stay tuned for more updates!

FlimsyFirewood
06-04-2008, 01:08 PM
<- rooting for Argo to catch up (but then again I always root for the underdog)...

moorewr
06-04-2008, 01:09 PM
So, you figure we'll be in 2nd place? :cool:

*Roleplays a psychic!* Go Thelanis!

TommyBoy
06-04-2008, 01:10 PM
<- rooting for Argo to catch up (but then again I always root for the underdog)...

were the favorites so we got to spot the others a day or two

Brianius
06-04-2008, 01:10 PM
w00t go Ghallanda ....... we all know the G-spot is the BEST!

Twerpp
06-04-2008, 01:11 PM
Ghallanda rocks! Though I wish we had taken the name Fernia its so much cooler and it has a cool cake too! Lookin forward to more raiding tonight guys!

kamimitsu
06-04-2008, 01:13 PM
Go Ghallanda! Go Southern Tenant Farmers Union! Go [insert name of your Ghallanda guild here]!

ahpook
06-04-2008, 01:15 PM
I keep expect the devs to be betting Quatloo's on the outcome.

stockwizard5
06-04-2008, 01:17 PM
Go Permadeath - Let's sacrifice a few capped for the cause :eek:

THARASHK (err Thelanis) FTW!

Amaras
06-04-2008, 01:22 PM
GO Ghallanda!!!! w00t!

We are going to win this one!

Justicar
06-04-2008, 01:24 PM
awww yeah! Ghallanda in the house!! We will win. It is futile to resist.

Yaga_Nub
06-04-2008, 01:28 PM

Watch how Big Brown runs a race. He conserves his strength for the first half to two thirds of a race and then he blows by everyone to win by 5 lengths.

Argo = Big Brown

everyone = losers

Can the chart on the front page be updated so I don't actually have to come into this thread with all these lesser being from the mongrel servers? Tolero, your god demands this. Make it so.

EDIT: Oh wow, demand and you shall receive. ;)

Tarackian
06-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Wait until every toon is on a timer....then we'll see............

Sue_Dark
06-04-2008, 01:33 PM

How dare you!

Halflings do NOT lament anything! We stick daggers in the backs of people's knees!

thatguy
06-04-2008, 01:39 PM
http://ddoimages.level3.turbine.com/files/50/03/93/36/1401.jpg

The Grand Masters of the Twelve are preparing their ancient ritual to breach Shavarath's magical barrier blocking passage into the vast and mysterious depths of underground caverns. The heroes of Stormreach amass to help them! Join us here for updates on the progress of each server, as the citizens of Stormreach battle to gather the ancient artifacts for the Grand Masters. Which server will be the first to reach the finish line, and venture into the depths of the city? Check for updates here!

Sarlonian's, what's going on here? Third place? We all have to do our bit for the war effort!

D-Day: War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.

Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Otter: [whispering] Germans?

Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.

Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough... [thinks hard] the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go! [runs out, alone; then returns] What the **** happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer -

Otter: Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

Bluto: We're just the guys to do it.

D-Day: Let's do it.

Bluto: LET'S DO IT!!

I could not have said it better myself.

Django
06-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Way to go Argo, lull them into a false sense of security!

Gratch
06-04-2008, 01:45 PM
Heh... I predict a lull for 2 days 10 hours... :)

Man Argo? If you guys somehow win with this start... I don't know that we can count it.. we'll just claim the NPC's helped you out. Sheesh. It actually would be cool to see a daily per server per raid token turn in count... even if it's just a summary at the end of the SUPER SERVER RAID BRAWL.

Ran the Titan 4x yesterday. It's definitely more fun... less so when I was the only cleric. Having two people man the laser helps out for when one (and sometimes both) of them fly far far away. Though there was one point in three of the raids of about a minute of repetitive ground pound... which is a bit frustrating. He needs a longer cooldown on that thing or put a 35 balance check or reflex save on it.

questarr
06-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Not sure if it will even get to every toon being on timer at this pace.
I ran one of each raid last night and still have 5 more myself set for all raids and this is not unique for my guild.
Lets kick it into overdrive and finish this tonight guys.
And BTW
Saw the same LFM and even so did not seem that many for raids, dont forget about some of the larger guilds on our server.
Souls was at times last night running 2 full raids at a time full guild and friends and never put an lfm up.
As I am sure ALE and some other guilds where doing the same.

Grond
06-04-2008, 01:48 PM
now just re-fix part 2 of the shroud.

Wait, you mean it's finally something that takes a little communication and coordination, and you don't like it? We had the fire ele, the orthon, the gnoll and the orc last night and it was more fun than it's been since it first came out. :D

Torilin
06-04-2008, 01:51 PM

Me too this quest is fun and challenging (somewhat) again.

debo
06-04-2008, 01:55 PM
My server stinks... I will be transfering over to the winner.

Wizzly_Bear
06-04-2008, 01:59 PM

Gratch
06-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Wait, you mean it's finally something that takes a little communication and coordination, and you don't like it? We had the fire ele, the orthon, the gnoll and the orc last night and it was more fun than it's been since it first came out. :D

I tried to take twenty screenshots of the fire elemental running to the center once we killed him last night, but I was only able to catch him in one of them:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b6/New_flashl.jpg/180px-New_flashl.jpg

GlassCannon
06-04-2008, 02:14 PM
Don't care. We love our Monks.

Yeah, for the sake of competition some of us are putting all our characters on Raid Timers, but the rest are Monking.

Wizzly_Bear
06-04-2008, 02:24 PM

Kurlore
06-04-2008, 02:30 PM
Woot!

A Dev call'n out the Power Gamers of Sarlona.

I'm not really getting this... are we able to do these raids all in one day or what... because i dont understand how only 3 coins drop raid chest....and you sya you did three of them in one day?
i assumed other tons at first, but then read the post above about ghallanda....about how they have all their reaver coins done..

Korvek
06-04-2008, 02:59 PM
I'm not really getting this... are we able to do these raids all in one day or what... because i dont understand how only 3 coins drop raid chest....and you sya you did three of them in one day?
i assumed other tons at first, but then read the post above about ghallanda....about how they have all their reaver coins done..

They flagged all their characters ahead of time for it. They then ran them on the characters that were flagged. They got the coins. Ghallanda I believe is a pretty heavy raiding server though I think they have a very low total population.

Argonessen got shafted because even though we have a huge population, our raiding population is remarkably small in comparison :(

Coldest
06-04-2008, 03:13 PM
I tried to take twenty screenshots of the fire elemental running to the center once we killed him last night, but I was only able to catch him in one of them:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b6/New_flashl.jpg/180px-New_flashl.jpg

Lmao. This is fun. We held the FIRE ELE until the last and he still beat the other mobs to the center.

Grond
06-04-2008, 03:21 PM

I thought I recognised him from somewhere... :D

MysticTheurge
06-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Sweet, now I have something to take my mind off the fact that I don't have a way to make a monk without deleting half my characters...

:D ;)

(PS add a reroll button plz. K thx bai.)

KoboldKiller
06-04-2008, 03:23 PM
korvek you answered my question because I was wondering how Argo could be behind. Course the only raid I run is Reaver so I'm not helping much.:D

Kistilan
06-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Way to go Argo, lull them into a false sense of security!

We are, we are! Apparently a lot of Argo's finest are holding onto our coins and turning in the items later.

Keeper
06-04-2008, 03:34 PM
Don't eat it! Don't eat it! Soylent Green is PEEEEEEOOOOPLE!

Soylent green? Nah, that’s guacamole!

We shall defeat!

...and eat lots of cookies.

Argh, all this talk of food is torment to a pregnant lady. FOOD!

Come on Argo! If you win, there will be cookies AND guacamole at the finish line! Made from real people, too! And I might even share!

Takllin
06-04-2008, 03:34 PM
On Argo we have more lowbie groups than raid ones, and the ones that are raids don't fill up so they have to be shortmanned most of the time, Its a shame that most Argo people switched to the monk, I counted around atleast 30 monks on at a time, could have been even more than 40.

Tolero
06-04-2008, 03:39 PM
We are, we are! Apparently a lot of Argo's finest are holding onto our coins and turning in the items later.

Yes but hanging onto those coins isn't going to do a lot of good if everyone else has already beaten you to the finish line :D

And on a side note, nab those coins! I've heard a little confusion among the populations...

Don't confuse them with the festival coins, these are the real deal ancient barrier removing token thingies! (That is their technical name after all "Real Deal Ancient Barrier Removing Token Thingies")

Impaqt
06-04-2008, 03:39 PM
On Argo we have more lowbie groups than raid ones, and the ones that are raids don't fill up so they have to be shortmanned most of the time, Its a shame that most Argo people switched to the monk, I counted around atleast 30 monks on at a time, could have been even more than 40.

Everyones got a Page full of monks.....

Darkwolf
06-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Soylent green? Nah, that’s guacamole!

Argh, all this talk of food is torment to a pregnant lady. FOOD!

Come on Argo! If you win, there will be cookies AND guacamole at the finish line! Made from real people, too! And I might even share!

Not to upset the pregnant woman, but cookies and guacamole... *shudder

Guaire
06-04-2008, 03:46 PM
If you win, there will be cookies AND guacamole at the finish line! Made from real people, too!

Anyone else think the pregnant woman has lost her mind? She's making cookies and guacamole from real people!!!:eek::D

Tolero
06-04-2008, 03:48 PM
Anyone else think the pregnant woman has lost her mind? She's making cookies and guacamole from real people!!!:eek::D

Well we had to do something with Nat Gann :D

Gratch
06-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Well we had to do something with Nat Gann :D

classic.

I've updated the pic for at least the Ghallandians (and Khyber?) to demark off the Reaver easy portion... the first fifth. If all tokens requirements per raid are equal, I can see the shroud easily taking the longest by far. I'll put my bookie bet in as Reaver completed first (obviously), then Titan, then DQ, then Velah, then Shroud.

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/8087/1401bj7.jpg

DragonWatch
06-04-2008, 04:30 PM
People are talking about the monks have a page or 50 by last night we had over 150 monks at least that are not anyon. And we are still leading and can confirm completed the Reaver already

Korvek
06-04-2008, 04:41 PM
People are talking about the monks have a page or 50 by last night we had over 150 monks at least that are not anyon. And we are still leading and can confirm completed the Reaver already

175 non-Anon monks on Argo as of 5:35 eastern. I could be off by a few. And that's definitely not our peak time.

Eldorudo
06-04-2008, 04:48 PM

Ghallanda, I am sad to report that I think we have a traitor in our midst. I overheard Glin talking with a coworker and they were coordinating a raid party on Argonnessen! I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I couldn't allow him to perpetrate this false rooting interest to the good people of Ghallanda. Perhaps he should go the way of our friend, Nat Gann and disappear.

Wizzly_Bear
06-04-2008, 04:51 PM

Gratch
06-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Ghallanda, I am sad to report that I think we have a traitor in our midst. I overheard Glin talking with a coworker and they were coordinating a raid party on Argonnessen! I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I couldn't allow him to perpetrate this false rooting interest to the good people of Ghallanda. Perhaps he should go the way of our friend, Nat Gann and disappear.

Heh... it would actually be pretty cool if Turbine gave all the devs a few hours of each day this week to go run the raids on their server of choice. Assuming they aren't using /immortal or /add 50 tokens to the shroud count. But just to experience player reaction and "help out" a small amount.

Targonis
06-04-2008, 05:02 PM

Nothing can stop Ghallanda from winning the race to unlock the raids!

ROVER
06-04-2008, 05:07 PM
Thanks for updating the graphic today and not waiting until friday

Blizoed
06-04-2008, 05:07 PM
So wut do we do when people decide to not turn the coins and such in? Wut if they try to sell them in the auction or send you tells saying for 15.98 you can buy 10 coins at blah blah blah .com. Just a concern.

digz
06-04-2008, 05:09 PM
You are probably right , on khyber its all monk groups in lfm with little raids :(

tenga
06-04-2008, 05:12 PM
Just ran the titan - I'm out. Let me know when its opened. I'm sure some dev's thought it was funny but its a sorry excuse for not developing content.

spaz

HAWK480AV
Get off the forums and move it :) we can gain the lead and have it open tonight!!!

tenga
So wut do we do when people decide to not turn the coins and such in? Wut if they try to sell them in the auction or send you tells saying for 15.98 you can buy 10 coins at blah blah blah .com. Just a concern.

the coins are bound

Tolero
06-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Heh... it would actually be pretty cool if Turbine gave all the devs a few hours of each day this week to go run the raids on their server of choice. Assuming they aren't using /immortal or /add 50 tokens to the shroud count. But just to experience player reaction and "help out" a small amount.

Oh I've definitely heard talk of various ones going to their home server to lend a hand by running raids with everyone. Granted I've got my eye out for any dev shenanigans :D

Though I do tend to agree with Eldorudo >> I think Glin is a double agent!!! :eek: Ghallanda, you've been betrayed Noooooo!!!

hydra_ex
06-04-2008, 05:35 PM
OH MY GOD! THELANIS IS IN SECOND! Who knew arggonessen could fall behind so much...

mrtreats
06-04-2008, 05:43 PM

Its not gonna matter all the players from fernia know that raids are where its at and we could pug every raid but the necro FERNIA FTW!!!!!!

dragnmoon
06-04-2008, 05:44 PM
OH MY GOD! THELANIS IS IN SECOND! Who knew arggonessen could fall behind so much...

I thought Arggo would be in the lead... I knew Ghallanda would give them a fight... but wow... we are doing pretty good..

Still early Ghallanda... Keep the raiding Going!!!!! *reminder Reaver is done*

Korvek
06-04-2008, 05:51 PM
I thought Arggo would be in the lead... I knew Ghallanda would give them a fight... but wow... we are doing pretty good..

Still early Ghallanda... Keep the raiding Going!!!!! *reminder Reaver is done*

From what I can tell, Argo is kind of like this:

DQ 0-24%
Titan 25-49%
Reaver 50-74%
Shroud 0-24%
Dragon 0-24%

Ishturi
06-04-2008, 06:02 PM
WOOT! GO THELANIS!!

I've run all the raids I can for the next 3 days... this is going to be suspenseful!

maddmatt70
06-04-2008, 06:04 PM
You are probably right , on khyber its all monk groups in lfm with little raids :(

Just a little frustrated on the execution of the server competition. First, it appears that it will take a substantial amount of raiding over several days maybe a week even which seems a little much and secondly, there is no way of knowing how many tokens we actually need for each raid. It could all just be a red herring where Turbine decides one day server x has done enough raiding and/or it is time to release new content. I like the concept of the server competition, but I would have really liked an accurate counter of how many tokens we need for each raid (updated every time a token is handed in) so I don't feel like this is some sort of rat maze game. I was raiding really heavily yesterday, but when I read this post - I felt like this whole thing was a farce and would rather run my level 5 sorc for awhile..

Pellegro
06-04-2008, 06:21 PM
There is nothing wrong with some good competition, but I think we all owe it to ourselves to step back a bit, and try to learn a little about some pressing problems in the world. Things that matter.

Did you know that the U.S. government is performing scientific testing on starving chickens? Don't laugh, this is serious. Chickens are literally starving, and the government, instead of feeding them, is measuring their nitrogen "output".

Please take a moment to review the information at this link: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/597738

The literature is scientific, so it may take some time to read, re-read, and really think through. But this is something that really matters. Its a way for you to help raise consciousness about this terrible problem, and maybe even do something to help end it.

Especially if you're regularly a player on Thelanis or Khyber.

moorewr
06-04-2008, 06:22 PM
Nice one, Pellegro. :)

Falcron_Grayblade
06-04-2008, 06:25 PM
Just so you all know Sarlona hasn't even started yet, we were just give everyone a little false hope. That and the fact that 90% of us don't start playing untill thur. or friday, so we are just getting ready to start. GO TEAM!!!!!!:D

dragnmoon
06-04-2008, 06:26 PM
That and the fact that 90% of us don't start playing untill thur. or friday, so we are just getting ready to start. GO TEAM!!!!!!:D

I think that is true for all the servers.. :D

SteeleTrueheart
06-04-2008, 06:57 PM
Just so you all know Sarlona hasn't even started yet, we were just give everyone a little false hope. That and the fact that 90% of us don't start playing untill thur. or friday, so we are just getting ready to start. GO TEAM!!!!!!:D

By all means wait until Friday to start. Khyber will be onto their second wave of raiding by then!

Go Khyber!!!!

Falcron_Grayblade
06-04-2008, 07:01 PM
It has nothing to do with waiting have to work in RL and can't get on to play untill the weekend, but good luck to all its still alot of fun racing against each other.;)

dragnmoon
06-04-2008, 07:02 PM
It has nothing to do with waiting have to work in RL and can't get on to play untill the weekend, but good luck to all its still alot of fun racing against each other.;)

Actually yeah..this is a little bit of fun..:D

digz
06-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Dunno if the other servers are like khyber but i been on all day and there has been 10 plus lfm's constant all monks and i have only seen 3 raids :(

DaveyCrockett
06-04-2008, 07:56 PM
Blah Blah Blah.. Ghallanda will be on timers, falling short of the finish line right as Argonnessen's weekend rolls around and we bury the 'competition'.

Enjoy your fame now window-lickers! :D

Korvek
06-04-2008, 07:57 PM
up to 218 non-anon monks on Argo now. I think they're bogging down the servers so that the raids lag too much and take longer :eek:

Also, any chance of updating the list tomorrow as well, so everyone can see how much of a comeback Argonessen made?

Ishturi
06-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Just a little frustrated on the execution of the server competition. First, it appears that it will take a substantial amount of raiding over several days maybe a week even which seems a little much and secondly, there is no way of knowing how many tokens we actually need for each raid. It could all just be a red herring where Turbine decides one day server x has done enough raiding and/or it is time to release new content. I like the concept of the server competition, but I would have really liked an accurate counter of how many tokens we need for each raid (updated every time a token is handed in) so I don't feel like this is some sort of rat maze game. I was raiding really heavily yesterday, but when I read this post - I felt like this whole thing was a farce and would rather run my level 5 sorc for awhile..

Some things to consider:

The Stormreaver token guy on Thelanis has already stopped accepting coins. So there IS a set limit.

And the dialog from the other token people have radically altered what they say when you turn in tokens. So they do have an indirect system of telling you.

Falcron_Grayblade
06-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Sarlona has one finished also. GO TEAM!!:D

Naturelaughslast
06-04-2008, 09:34 PM
Blah blah blah... Ghallanda will only widen the gap. You only play during fri and the weekend you say? Thats fine, we peak at those hours too. Have fun playing catchup. Muahahahaha

rpasell
06-04-2008, 10:30 PM
Blah Blah Blah.. Ghallanda will be on timers, falling short of the finish line right as Argonnessen's weekend rolls around and we bury the 'competition'.

Heh!! I've only run half my characters so far.

GlassCannon
06-04-2008, 11:38 PM

Sorry kid, we *play* in this game, not live in it. This is Friendly Competition, not some joke.

Man up and GET OUT THERE AND RAID! You have hundreds of people counting on your support!

GO TEAM GO!

GlassCannon
06-04-2008, 11:39 PM
Heh!! I've only run half my characters so far.

Half? I've just begun with the first of 8.

shel12
06-05-2008, 12:58 AM
mine are just coming off timers ghallanda will win this everyone knows it

Ringos
06-05-2008, 01:30 AM
Rumor has it that it's all over but the cryin'...Thelanis has it locked up!

All other servers can go back to rollin' up Monks... :)

UnderwearModel
06-05-2008, 05:55 AM

The first computer that had DDO on it for seven months has the logon problem.

The second account, that has had DDO since late May has no problems.

Makes me think the logon problem resides on the old system with one of the old files.

Now, I am on here looking for others with this problems, and to see if there is a patch.

Too many of you are instant gratificationers.

I like the idea of the entire server, working to open up the new area. Yes, it is a grind that consists of a built in three day waiting period, because you have to wait for the 2 days 18 hours to do them again.

Grond
06-05-2008, 06:40 AM
The first computer that had DDO on it for seven months has the logon problem.

The second account, that has had DDO since late May has no problems.

Makes me think the logon problem resides on the old system with one of the old files.

Now, I am on here looking for others with this problems, and to see if there is a patch.

Too many of you are instant gratificationers.

I like the idea of the entire server, working to open up the new area. Yes, it is a grind that consists of a built in three day waiting period, because you have to wait for the 2 days 18 hours to do them again.

My brand new system that's had DDO for 3 weeks does it. I just kill the program, retry, ok the 'there has been an error' box, and log in.

Sillence
06-05-2008, 07:52 AM
Come on now Dev's , Give us an update. Best way to keep everyone ( or most everyone ) loving this idea is to keep us knowing that Ghallanda is still beating everyone else into submission !!! Keep it up Ghallanda's ive seen alot of cross guild team work over the last few days and its impressive to see how well we all pull together.

Now its the Dev's turn to pitch in :-)

Word of the hour "UPDATE" !!!!

Deragoth
06-05-2008, 07:54 AM
My brand new system that's had DDO for 3 weeks does it. I just kill the program, retry, ok the 'there has been an error' box, and log in.

That's the exact same scenario I have.

parvo
06-05-2008, 07:57 AM
I wonder if you subtracted all the lag from the highly populated servers if they would be on par. One hypothesis is: The progress is really a measure of population. Most progress = least lag = least population.

ArkoHighStar
06-05-2008, 07:59 AM
Some things to consider:

The Stormreaver token guy on Thelanis has already stopped accepting coins. So there IS a set limit.

And the dialog from the other token people have radically altered what they say when you turn in tokens. So they do have an indirect system of telling you.

the reaver guy on argo has also stopped collecting coins

Arkat
06-05-2008, 08:18 AM
The Reaver guy on Khyber has also stopped collecting coins.

JayDubya
06-05-2008, 08:26 AM
I just want to give props to my 10yo son who presented himself admirably during last night's Chain of Flames, ADQ and DQ raids (the last on Elite) to help Thelanis carry on the fight.

No Child Left Behind!

Deragoth
06-05-2008, 08:28 AM
I just want to give props to my 10yo son who presented himself admirably during last night's Chain of Flames, ADQ and DQ raids (the last on Elite) to help Thelanis carry on the fight.

No Child Left Behind!

Ha! That's awesome :cool:

debo
06-05-2008, 08:31 AM
I made my son take off from school today so he can play my characters in DDO. I told him he has to do at least one shroud, dq, and titan or he is grounded. Go Sarlona :rolleyes:

moorewr
06-05-2008, 08:32 AM

No Child Left Behind!

He did great!

The raid was a blast too.. bunch of guilds representing, everyone was flagged, knew where it was, we zipped into the final fight.. and then a bit of bad luck made it a challenging fight. Mad props for that well timed cake wish for a shrine.. too bad I was swimming in the lava at the time. :rolleyes:

Wizzly_Bear
06-05-2008, 08:40 AM

JayDubya
06-05-2008, 08:56 AM
He did great!

The raid was a blast too.. bunch of guilds representing, everyone was flagged, knew where it was, we zipped into the final fight.. and then a bit of bad luck made it a challenging fight. Mad props for that well timed cake wish for a shrine.. too bad I was swimming in the lava at the time. :rolleyes:

Yes, if there was ever a reason to use a saved-up cake wish, it was to create a shrine to prevent an Elite raid from collapsing and slowing down Thelanis's momentum :) I have no regrets.

Alcamez
06-05-2008, 08:59 AM
My Cleric Alcamiz is all raid ready to give a hand same with my pally. Ill pug him out for the cause. LONG LIVE GHANDAZARERNIA

wamjratl1
06-05-2008, 09:04 AM

No Child Left Behind!

That's fantastic! Sounds like a great kid!

I tried with my 2 1/2 year old but when i play he think "daddy's watching the news for a minute... Wanna watch something else!!" One day tho...:D

DelScorcho
06-05-2008, 09:12 AM
Sarlona's secret weapon - we are going to make the plat spammers run raids too. Since there are so many of them, this will help alot.

wamjratl1
06-05-2008, 09:17 AM

If you note the progess we made in the first day, you could figure that Ghallanda did some serious raiding on Tues. We'll be coming off timers on those toons Fri evening (but will probably have already won by then by then :D). I noticed a lot of flagging LFM's last night (did Vons 1-4 myself). Since I play mostly weekends, I have no toons on timers and I know of many others who are in the same boat. I know a few folks who do static Thurs night raids.

Ghallanda will be waiting at the finish line for you all with a nice cold Gatorade or Dirty Kobold!

Another progress update would be nice tho....

Galvis
06-05-2008, 09:27 AM
Sorry I was RAIDING and didn't notice when the chart was updated? When did this happen? time of day and what not is what I'm looking for,

Crarites
06-05-2008, 09:29 AM
Sorry I was RAIDING and didn't notice when the chart was updated? When did this happen? time of day and what not is what I'm looking for,

Yesterday around 2 PM est was the last update i beleive.

Milolyen
06-05-2008, 09:31 AM

That chart was put up yesterday afternoon. Around 2pm central I belive.

Milolyen

wamjratl1
06-05-2008, 09:31 AM

About 2:00 PM Wednesday. Hope we get another update today. Saw lot's of raiding and flagging goin on on Ghallanda yesterday evening.

Galvis
06-05-2008, 09:40 AM
Yesterday around 2 PM est was the last update i beleive.

That chart was put up yesterday afternoon. Around 2pm central I belive.

Milolyen

About 2:00 PM Wednesday. Hope we get another update today. Saw lot's of raiding and flagging goin on on Ghallanda yesterday evening.

Thanks everyone.

stockwizard5
06-05-2008, 09:46 AM
On Thelanis last night around midnight eastern we had one done, three almost done, and one half done.

Bekki
06-05-2008, 09:55 AM
On Thelanis last night around midnight eastern we had one done, three almost done, and one half done.

I know Acme fighting Company And six Others Completed one raid last night,
But I am told that one had all ready been turned in.

Thanks to All who Participated !!!:D

It was My first Raid of that Run and I learned alot!

You all were awesome! :D

Vahyor
06-05-2008, 10:08 AM
I just went around the servers, and from what I've seen the ranks should be

1. Ghallanda
2. Thelanis
3. Khyber
4. Sarlona / Argonnessen
5. Argonnessen / Sarlona

stockwizard5
06-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Had some sleep issues last night so to help out the cause

*gasp* I actually ran my Mule (ok Pally) one last shroud run *gasp*

Who would have thought ... a Pally ... what's next - we break out our haggle bots for those last 3 coins?

juniorpfactors
06-05-2008, 10:10 AM

1. Ghallanda
2. Thelanis
3. Khyber
4. Sarlona / Argonnessen
5. Argonnessen / Sarlona

what is this the Helen Keller ranking system?

jrp

DrAwkward
06-05-2008, 10:14 AM

Here's what I do to fix the Login problem:

1) Oh, darn, I can't log into my Thelanis character.

2) Roll a monk on Argo (or whichever server is ahead), and add to thier lag for a few minutes. Find folks in raids and send them tells with links to lolcats, old forums "rumors" posts, and knock-knock jokes. Offer to sell them plat, with a special disount exchange rate of only 10 gp per plat.

3) Log into my Thelanis character and run raids.

"Pfargtl tells you: Knock Knock!"

Borror0
06-05-2008, 10:17 AM
*gasp* I actually ran my Mule (ok Pally) one last shroud run *gasp*

hehe, I think mine is ready for the dragon and DQ... maybe I could give it a try?

DelScorcho
06-05-2008, 10:19 AM

1. Ghallanda
2. Thelanis
3. Khyber
4. Sarlona / Argonnessen
5. Argonnessen / Sarlona

Actually, it should be

1. Ghallanda
2. Thelanis
3. Khyber
4. Sarlona
9. Argonnessen

wamjratl1
06-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Since we have downtime today, can we please get an update on the contest progress? Thank you.:D

Vahyor
06-05-2008, 10:32 AM
Actually, it should be

1. Ghallanda
2. Thelanis
3. Khyber
4. Sarlona
9. Argonnessen

From my experience, Ghallanda and Thelanis have pulled ahead some, with Ghallanda slightly in the lead, Khyber is holding the middle grounds, and Argonnessen and Sarlona seem to be almost the same, somewhat behind Khyber.

DelScorcho
06-05-2008, 10:40 AM
From my experience, Ghallanda and Thelanis have pulled ahead some, with Ghallanda slightly in the lead, Khyber is holding the middle grounds, and Argonnessen and Sarlona seem to be almost the same, somewhat behind Khyber.

Hey, being presently in 4th place, we gotta rip on someone. My back up plan is to claim the challenge is culturally biased against Sarlonians.