PDA

View Full Version : Quivers working as intended?

In_Like_Flynn
06-03-2008, 02:13 PM
A Deneith Thin Quiver can hold three stacks of 1000 bolts, but ONLY if they are different types. If they're all the same type, then only one stack of 1000 will fit. Is this working as intended?

alans240
06-03-2008, 02:14 PM
My guess...YEP

Just like collectable bags, it will hold max 1000 per stack, each stack having to be different.

In_Like_Flynn
06-03-2008, 02:22 PM
Yeah, I'd question that mechanic too. Is there space in the bag or not? If so, can I not put what I want there?

FunnyCide
06-03-2008, 02:39 PM
The Deneith Wide Quiver won't hold more than 200 Deneith Sturdy arrows for me which I find to be a big disappointment. I was hoping to be able to keep at least 100 in there so I actually had some bag space...so much for being excited about quivers.

Coldin
06-03-2008, 02:42 PM
The Deneith Wide Quiver won't hold more than 200 Deneith Sturdy arrows for me which I find to be a big disappointment. I was hoping to be able to keep at least 100 in there so I actually had some bag space...so much for being excited about quivers.

Thin quivers will hold 1000. Put your special arrows in a wide quiver, and use the thin one to hold your standard arrows.

FunnyCide
06-03-2008, 02:43 PM
Thin quivers will hold 1000. Put your special arrows in a wide quiver, and use the thin one to hold your standard arrows.

Ah, thank you for the tip. =3

ArkoHighStar
06-03-2008, 02:43 PM
you can have more than one quiver 2 thin quivers is a 1000 of 6 different types or if you want 2000 of 3 types, this is all for 2 inventory slots, in fact the active quiver doesn't even take a slot

Pellegro
06-03-2008, 11:39 PM
I really really really hope that they make it so you can load arrows out of a quiver onto the hotbar and then directly load them on the fly.

Otherwise, while they're a nice inventory saver, they don't help that much in helping me actually use all the arrows I've amassed.

Inkblack
06-05-2008, 09:36 AM
Currently I use silver or House D returners. I bought a thin quiver to store them in and gain some pack space.

My questions:
- Does the game automatically load the same type when it goes into your quiver, or does it take the first one on the stack?
- How does switching ammo work? Does the old one go back into the quiver, and the new one come out of the quiver?
- Any tips on how to use quivers would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Ink

MeNorel
06-05-2008, 10:47 AM
I am quite pleased with the quivers. Though I haven't collected a lot of the specialty arrows due to pack and bank space and orginaizing to utilize them will problablly be a pain but that is down the road currently I only keep Silver for the shroud and +1 Deneith(sp?) Sturdies since most of my bows are at least +3 or better and for the big 5 bows my to hit ranged is good enough that I only miss one out of 10 shots on most mobs.

In anwser to the question above they work just like if they were inventory, First come first used on the activated quiver.

I purchased 5 thins/2 wide and have loaded 1000 silver, adimantine, and cold iron arrows into each thin quiver and have loaded Denieth sturdies into each of the wides with the other slots waiting for the specialty bane and slayer arrows.

Elsbet
06-05-2008, 11:04 AM
If I recall correctly from the Risia posts, once a quiver is empty, the next one does not automatically load. Is this accurate and did it change from Risia to production? I haven't had a chance to test it.

triciadyer
06-05-2008, 07:43 PM
A Deneith Thin Quiver can hold three stacks of 1000 bolts, but ONLY if they are different types. If they're all the same type, then only one stack of 1000 will fit. Is this working as intended?

I too would like to know if this is simply a bug??? My bard uses upward of 3K +3 Denith Returning Bolts per night. I had to purchase 3 Quivers when I was expecting to buy only one...... however I just went from 30 inventory slots to 3 so this is huge improvement! when they fix them to stack 3 same stacks of 1k each I will be able to go a whole weekend without buying bolts.....:rolleyes:

Samadhi
06-05-2008, 07:52 PM
Question: are you still affected by the weight of the arrows/bolts in the quiver?

Akhad_Durn
06-05-2008, 08:12 PM
Question: are you still affected by the weight of the arrows/bolts in the quiver?

Not sure, but seems likely given that the collectable bags show the cumulative weight of what’s in them.

Turial
06-05-2008, 09:23 PM
Currently I use silver or House D returners. I bought a thin quiver to store them in and gain some pack space.

My questions:
- Does the game automatically load the same type when it goes into your quiver, or does it take the first one on the stack?
- How does switching ammo work? Does the old one go back into the quiver, and the new one come out of the quiver?
- Any tips on how to use quivers would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Ink

1. If you were using house D returners and you run out the quiver that you have equiped will take arrows from the first stack.
2. If you switch arrows the remainder of the stack of 100 will drop into your inventory when you switch arrows...unless you have the auto gather feature turned on.
One cannot hotbar the ammo from a quiver at the moment so two switch quivers you would need to manually open your inventory and swap the new quiver in for the old one.
If you want to carry 3000 silver arrows I would recomend getting the top tiers of house D and silver flame favor. This will give you House D silver arrows and two types of silver flame, silver arrows.
For your typical arrows I would buy a 1000 stack of house D returners and a stack of non-returning +3 house D arrows as a fail safe incase you run out at a bad time.

ronlamb
06-06-2008, 09:35 AM
Now only if they would come up with an equivalent to quivers for shurikans.

Kindoki
06-06-2008, 09:40 AM

Yes. My thin quiver was .01 lbs when I first got it and 10.01 lbs. when I added a 1000 bolts.

Strumpoo
06-06-2008, 09:50 AM
I too would like to know if this is simply a bug??? My bard uses upward of 3K +3 Denith Returning Bolts per night. I had to purchase 3 Quivers when I was expecting to buy only one...... however I just went from 30 inventory slots to 3 so this is huge improvement! when they fix them to stack 3 same stacks of 1k each I will be able to go a whole weekend without buying bolts.....:rolleyes:

You use the equivalent of 9000 bolts a night?? Whaaaaat??

Jeezus man, let go of the trigger once in a while, you don't need to be running around town firing the bolts around...:eek:

Even in the Shroud, I probably only use 600-1000 silvers. These new quivers are HUGE for saving precious inventory space!

Turial
06-06-2008, 09:58 AM
You use the equivalent of 9000 bolts a night?? Whaaaaat??

Jeezus man, let go of the trigger once in a while, you don't need to be running around town firing the bolts around...:eek:

Even in the Shroud, I probably only use 600-1000 silvers. These new quivers are HUGE for saving precious inventory space!

Tri's a repeater user... their rate of fire is similar to permanent manyshot so going though 3000 bolts in a play session of 3-4 hours wouldnt be unusual if you kept to ranged combat most of the time.

MysticTheurge
06-06-2008, 11:25 AM

How in the world did you manage this before there were quivers. 3000 bolts was 300 inventory slots. Were you just making dozens of trips back to House D every night?

Scipio
06-06-2008, 12:15 PM
How in the world did you manage this before there were quivers. 3000 bolts was 300 inventory slots. Were you just making dozens of trips back to House D every night?

Mystic were you up late when ya wrote this mate?:D 3000 is 30 stacks of 100... *hands you a cup of coffee*

MysticTheurge
06-06-2008, 02:24 PM
Mystic were you up late when ya wrote this mate?:D 3000 is 30 stacks of 100... *hands you a cup of coffee*

Oh phew. Yes, apparently I was having an aneurysm in the "Math" part of my brain.

Theboz
06-06-2008, 02:40 PM
Some facts about quivers

1. If you put specaility arrows into them, you can not lock arrows, so if you run out of one special arrow(s) you will automantic use the next type of arrow.

2. If you put bolts and arrows into a quiver, it will always load the bolts first if you dont have a a bow or crossbow equiped. Then if you start using bolts and then switch to a bow, quiver wont change to arrows, you have to unequip your quiver and equipe it again to get arrows.

3. Quivers on hot bars will only open up like all other bags and arrows can not be on a hotbar

4. All quivers look the same until you open them, you can not see whats inside unless you open them, kinda bad if you have alot of quivers and you need a type of arrow in a middle of a fight.

5. You still need, inventory space to buy bulk arrows unless you just want to buy 100 at a time. If you buy 1000 arrows you need 10 inventory spaces free. If you have 5 inventory spaces open then you can only buy 500 arrows at a time. So, in a around about way you still need a inventory spaces for arrows.

Thin Quivers
Max stack size of contents: 400
Max unique item capacity: 3
This thin quiver will hold up to 3 different types of arrows or bolts with
a maximum stack size of 400
Base value 1,650 gold

Wide quivers
Max stack 200
Max unique 6
Base value 850 gold

House D Wide Quivers
Max stack 200
Max unique 10
Base value 75,800 gold

House D Thin Quivers
Max stack size 1,000
Max unique 3
Base value 75,800

Quivers are best used for storage and when alot of one type of arrow. The way they are now, having multiple slaying arrows and other types of arrows will not be any easier in a quiver, it would be only harder to change arrow types and very slow.

tenga
06-06-2008, 04:01 PM
way i figure, if a quiver can hold 3 stacks of 1000 arrows, it holds 3000 arrows. so why cant i hold 3000 house d's. :-/

Kindoki
06-06-2008, 04:14 PM
way i figure, if a quiver can hold 3 stacks of 1000 arrows, it holds 3000 arrows. so why cant i hold 3000 house d's. :-/

How many quivers do you know that actually hold 3000 arrows? Obviously these are magic quivers, with particular restrictions to what they will accept. :)

Rickpa
06-06-2008, 04:55 PM

Ummm ... no.

That would be 30 slots with 100 arrows/bolts each. Still... that's a lot of space!

Aodh
06-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Hmm, this really sounds like a pain. Why didn't they just increase the arrow/bolt stack size?

Yuhjn
06-06-2008, 05:41 PM
Hmm, this really sounds like a pain. Why didn't they just increase the arrow/bolt stack size?

That would hvae been far too easy and would have begged the question "why didnt they increase the stack size 2 years ago"?

On a more serious note, I think the main problem is that stack size is global to all stackable items. So if they change arrow stack size to say, 10,000 then you can have 10,000 healing potions in one stack as well. For whatever reason, they didnt want to do that.

But I'm with you, I would have upped stack sizes 2 years ago and called it good.