PDA

View Full Version : why cant i switch characters?

Wizzly_Bear
06-03-2008, 12:50 PM

GramercyRiff
06-03-2008, 03:51 PM
every time i switch characters i have to reload the game, whats up?

Are you talking about the character not being able to load? If so, I started a thread about this in tech assistance. Turbine is aware of this. Apparently they've been aware of it since mod 7 went live on Risia. It's a terrible flaw that should've been fixed before mod 7 went live on all servers.

Dark_Helmet
06-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Are you talking about the character not being able to load? If so, I started a thread about this in tech assistance. Turbine is aware of this. Apparently they've been aware of it since mod 7 went live on Risia. It's a terrible flaw that should've been fixed before mod 7 went live on all servers.

I had it happen. Also a character stuck saving. In Game support responded within 5 minutes and unstuck that character (:eek:)

I decided to let my character "settle" after logging out (e.g. click on one PC watch the picture change, than another). Seems to be working a little better, but still not perfect.

Ikuryo
06-03-2008, 06:01 PM
I've been getting the message "An error has occurred" when I try to log in my main. It was happening in Risia and it happens on live from time to time now. No idea what is causing it. I also have the game hang while loading in more often now. The progress bar just never starts to fill up.

Solmage
06-03-2008, 09:08 PM
The only thing that seems to work is to turn off the game and re-login to switch characters that you haven't successfully switched into recently.

PS: Please hotfix this!

GramercyRiff
06-03-2008, 09:44 PM
The only thing that seems to work is to turn off the game and re-login to switch characters that you haven't successfully switched into recently.

PS: Please hotfix this!

Yes, and please fix it yesterday.

Ikuryo
06-05-2008, 03:22 AM
I found that when the loading bar never fills up you can kill the dndclient.exe in the task manager and log in without delay. Its still a pain to have to do that though.

EightyFour
06-05-2008, 03:30 AM
Yeah, I've had the same problem, but when I log out of one character I sit there and think on my computer is trying to save a word file, I wair about that long after the chatacters show back up. Just give it a space of time before logging onto the new character and it should be fine.