PDA

View Full Version : Green steel handwraps?

Riggs
06-02-2008, 02:34 AM
Posts mentioned new weapons coming, like staves maybe and kamas...but unless handwraps are added also it is going to seriously shaft monks.

Since you cant mix in weapon/fist attacks like you can in pnp - adding in say - a +4 ac green steel item will mean carting a d8 weapon around rather than attacking with the monk damage that you just spent 15 levels getting.

The fact that handwraps are added and on risia seemed to be the same enhancement possibilities as any other weapon is cool. I just hope green steel is a part of mod 7 also.

Borror0
06-02-2008, 03:16 AM
Why don't you wait a few days to figure it out?

Xaxx
06-02-2008, 04:23 AM
kama/qs has been confirmed on several occasions now

other then that, no one knows JACK ALL about what else is comming regaurding crafting be it shroud or other (sorry we know the 5 alchemicals)

Remember mod 7 was supposed to also introduce the first part of actual crafting (non green steel) with the deconstruction feature and possibly other stuff... how when where or why it was supposed to work.. dunno... but for futher evidence as up to the begining of the month this was supposed to be in, see the may poll, it talks about the comming crafting additions.... yet nothing in dev notes, nothing in wdas, nothing mentioned at all about whats comming crafting wise, they either wanna surprise us, **** us off, or baffle us... um not really sure with the devs which they're trying to do at any given moment any more.

So short answer, handwraps... we'll find out later in the week or next week since no one knows right now cept the guys on the inside.

Borror0
06-02-2008, 04:44 AM
Remember mod 7 was supposed to also introduce the first part of actual crafting (non green steel) with the deconstruction feature and possibly other stuff...

Actually, that was in the most unclear article/interview ever.

The writer was switching back and ofrth between the modules up to a point where it was confusing. Not only that, but he was also very confused. Some stuff he said we'd get in Module 8, will be Module 7. If I were to quote any interview Kate Paiz did, that would probably the last one as it was a poorly written interview.

Deconstruction was for normal loot, and has always been scheduled for Module 8.

Xaxx
06-02-2008, 04:58 AM
actually go back and look at all the interviews from the past few months, it wasnt just that one interview where the guy who wrote it up was stoned out of his gord.....

Enhancements to the crafting system are planned, too, to allow you to deconstruct items and create customised ones that are uniquely powerful. Kate described the current crafting system as a "prototype", built and released to get the basics in the game -- they're still working heavily on it as a big project for this year.

from this article http://www.massively.com/2008/03/15/ddo-qanda-mod-7-the-monk-and-more/
done after connect08

thats just one place, there are a few others where crafting and deconstruction were talked about in mod 7 NOT mod 8.. mod 8 is supposed to be the 2nd half of the crafting system.

Xaxx
06-02-2008, 05:05 AM
Oh and as i pointed out earlier... what does the may poll say??

As crafting begins to unfold, what are you most looking forward to?

as t his is the may poll and it says.... BEGINS.... which doesnt refer to the green steel crafting... shall i keep adding up 1+1 and making it 2 for ya, or would you like to keep adding 1+1 and comming up with 4?

Borror0
06-02-2008, 05:11 AM
crafting and deconstruction were talked about in mod 7 NOT mod 8.. mod 8 is supposed to be the 2nd half of the crafting system.

I know that, that's what Kate has been saying since I don't know when.

I have never said the opposite. Seems more like Turbine want us to keep us in the dark like they did about the Shroud crafting, or that what's in the WDAs is all there is (the five rituals there currently are). In the first case, it may be a good idea. It was a good one for Module 6 and Shroud crafting. Might work here as well depending on how they do it.

In the other case, I'l give them the benefit of the doubt that there is a lot of "background" stuff being done to preprare for Module 8.

Riggs
06-03-2008, 03:11 AM

There is a huge difference at high levels in a monk using a weapon vs fists. Considering the long wait for monks (like a year or more), it would be nice to find out whether they are going to get any raid items (other than maybe kamas, which are greatly inferior to high level fists).

If new recipies for new weapons are going to be added, they might appear in the release notes, or they may not. Finding out about level 1 acid splash wands for ww is nice...but not many people are going to be using them for long.

'Wait and see' might eventually come up with an answer...or it may not. Asking outright at least brings the issue up.

tenga
06-03-2008, 03:25 AM

what were you thinking riggs? asking questions on forums? riggs needs to be banned, no doubt.

Borror0
06-03-2008, 03:32 AM
what were you thinking riggs? asking questions on forums? riggs needs to be banned, no doubt.

My point was that questions like this have been posted countless times to no avail, Module 7 will be live in a few hours from now. Then, pretty much everyone will go in a series of Shroud runs to get their server flagged for the raids. Give it a night and we've got them figured out.

I could have see asking a week ago, but he asked yesterday...

Riggs
06-05-2008, 04:01 AM
So..no green steel handwraps. (unless small horns will make them, but it seems everything else was unlocked already like rapiers and axes)

If my dex based monk wants a blunt weapon for skeletons (which there are more than a few in the game) I can skip raid loot I guess.

Considering how long monks were in coming, how long much anticipation, and how long the shroud has been out, with time to add new recipes...it seems a bit of an oversight to not add handwraps - main monk weapon, in a mod devoted primarily to monks....

Riggs
06-05-2008, 04:03 AM
My point was that questions like this have been posted countless times to no avail, Module 7 will be live in a few hours from now. Then, pretty much everyone will go in a series of Shroud runs to get their server flagged for the raids. Give it a night and we've got them figured out.

I could have see asking a week ago, but he asked yesterday...

Given the lack of communication on several subjets, it also could be that I was anticipating the lack of character slots, and green steel handwraps, and felt like getting a jump on the forums so that it was there in the morning.

EspyLacopa
06-05-2008, 05:40 AM
Posts mentioned new weapons coming, like staves maybe and kamas...but unless handwraps are added also it is going to seriously shaft monks.

Since you cant mix in weapon/fist attacks like you can in pnp - adding in say - a +4 ac green steel item will mean carting a d8 weapon around rather than attacking with the monk damage that you just spent 15 levels getting.

The fact that handwraps are added and on risia seemed to be the same enhancement possibilities as any other weapon is cool. I just hope green steel is a part of mod 7 also.

So you're complaining about a weapon that does:
2d8+5 base damage, counts as Lawful Adamantine, and can have Banes, Holy, and other such. . .

And as the cap goes up, that base damage (2d8) will go up to 2d10.

Aside from the special mods (Aspects I and II), they seem like they'll already match up fairly well with the green steel weaponry, only no need for grinding.

Riggs
06-06-2008, 08:23 PM
So you're complaining about a weapon that does:
2d8+5 base damage, counts as Lawful Adamantine, and can have Banes, Holy, and other such. . .

And as the cap goes up, that base damage (2d8) will go up to 2d10.

Aside from the special mods (Aspects I and II), they seem like they'll already match up fairly well with the green steel weaponry, only no need for grinding.

Actually yes.

For a finesse build there are exactly 2 weapons a monk cna use if they dont want to lose ki. Fist and kama, as staves have not yet been made finessable.

A d8 green steel kama is far inferior to a 2d10 fist, and is not blunt (unless you make a mineral 2), so will again do far less damage than fists vs the monsters that require blunt to bypass dr. Considering the big deal about monks, and the big deal about the new raid as 'crafting and choice' - yes I really think handwraps should be on the list. There is lots of room if you add small horns too. (And armor would be nice, green steel plate hmmm).

Ishturi
06-07-2008, 12:45 AM
not green steel handwraps, silly...

Green steel brass knuckles!

Riggs
06-19-2008, 12:39 PM
So...is it time to add green steel handwraps yet?

(Shields and armor would be cool too).

Still lots of recipe space for small horns left.