PDA

View Full Version : Favored Soul

Vyctor
05-30-2008, 05:54 PM
I would like to see this class added to the game. Any chance of that happening? I would actually prefer it over druid, even as someone that's waited impatiently for druids. Druids require a lot of new additions to the game to work properly. I like the class in PnP and would love to roll one up in DDO.

Angelus_dead
05-30-2008, 06:27 PM
Yes, adding Favored Souls to DDO would be a good idea, mainly because it would be so easy. They're essentially just clerics with sorcerer-like spellcasting that prevents them from changing their choices more than once per few days. They also have better saves, energy resistance, and some +1, +2 bonuses on attacks with certain weapons. As a weakness, Favored Souls get spell DCs from wisdom but extra mana from charisma. As a modification to the D&D rules, I suggest that a DDO favored soul class gain DR periodically while advancing levels, instead of DR 10 all at once at level 20.

Another class that could be easily added to bring in more divine caster diversity is the Archivist. He copies divine scrolls into his book, and uses intelligence for spell DC but wisdom for extra mana. In addition he's got a bard song-like ability to give combat buffs against some kinds of creatures. The D&D Archivist is overpowered because he can take spells from any divine caster list, so the DDO version should be restricted to use only cleric and druid spells (which includes cool stuff like Wall of Fire, Barkskin, and Stoneskin)

GramercyRiff
06-02-2008, 02:46 PM
Favored Soul would be redundant. There's no need to have one in DDO. It's too similar to the DDO cleric. Of course this should make implementing it pretty easy.

Give us truly different and varied classes from what we have now. The monk seems to be a good start. Unless wild shape and summoning are done right, the Druid will just be another blaster/healer. We don't need more of those.

I'd much rather see classes that are different like the Crusader, Warblade, Swordsage, Warlock, Artificer, Archivist (but we'd need knowledge skills), Dragon Shaman, Hexblade, Duskblade, and/or Swashbuckler. All of those classes provide unique abilities that are vastly different from the current classes we have in DDO. In a perfect world I'd have Crusader, Artificer, and Hexblade be the next classes in DDO.