PDA

View Full Version : Silly things in the loot tables

Ransacked
05-28-2008, 08:10 AM
Have you ever pulled an item and just wondered why it even exists in the loot tables? I'm not talking about odd combinations like slashing weapons of ooze bane. I'm talking about items like Hide Armor. Does anyone actually -ever- use hide armor? What is the purpose of it?

I wish loot tables we're revisted and adjusted to be more appropriate for the game we have today than the game we had at launch.

Aspenor
05-28-2008, 08:13 AM
My buddy Nick uses the blue scale hide armor on his cleric. It's awesome, he looks like the blue power ranger.

Galapas
05-28-2008, 08:14 AM
Hide armor is VERY important. You need to get a screenshot of everyone in the guild wearing the armor with the owlbear heads on the chest. Other than that, I don't think it has any uses.

Beherit_Baphomar
05-28-2008, 08:20 AM
Hide armour is a very barbarianesque outfit.

Stinky, smelly dead animal....

Angelus_dead
05-28-2008, 08:28 AM
Have you ever pulled an item and just wondered why it even exists in the loot tables? I'm not talking about odd combinations like slashing weapons of ooze bane. I'm talking about items like Hide Armor. Does anyone actually -ever- use hide armor? What is the purpose of it?
The purpose of Hide Armor is that it is the heaviest armor that doesn't remove a druid's spellcasting ability. It's made for druids, by druids. They cannot wear metal armor, so padded, leather, or hide are their only options.

If that class was ever added to DDO, you'd see Hide armor get used.

Auran82
05-28-2008, 09:25 AM
One day I am going to find the name of, and hunt down the artificer responsible for all the Ghost touch weapons of Smiting, I could swear there are more of those than there should be.

sirgog
05-28-2008, 09:29 AM
One day I am going to find the name of, and hunt down the artificer responsible for all the Ghost touch weapons of Smiting, I could swear there are more of those than there should be.

Or my vicious rapier of smiting.

Borror0
05-28-2008, 09:32 AM
PINK brigandines are much better.:rolleyes: (Those are the ugliest thing I have ever got to see.)

Lorien_the_First_One
05-28-2008, 09:55 AM
I'm talking about items like Hide Armor. Does anyone actually -ever- use hide armor? What is the purpose of it? .

Many of these items make sense in D&D where magic (and even quality non magic) is more scarce. In hugely over magiced/loot crazy system that DDO is you are correct, this and many other items aren't as useful.

Aodh
05-28-2008, 10:19 AM
PINK brigandines are much better.:rolleyes: (Those are the ugliest thing I have ever got to see.)

Hmm, I think the ugliest armor I've ever seen is the 2-tone purple/rust colored +2 fearsome FP of fire resistance my cleric is wearing. Ugh!

Tap4black
05-28-2008, 10:28 AM
My Banishing SS of Greater Ooze Bane that I run around killin all the extra-planar oozes we see in Stormreach :rolleyes:

I'd like to port back to when that weapon was forged and kick the creator squarely in the jimmy's for that suffix.....

dragnmoon
05-28-2008, 10:30 AM

I have three of them.....:D

dragnmoon
05-28-2008, 10:32 AM
My Favorite Item is still

Feather Fall boots of Feather falling :D

Aodh
05-28-2008, 10:37 AM
My Banishing SS of Greater Ooze Bane that I run around killin all the extra-planar oozes we see in Stormreach :rolleyes:

I'd like to port back to when that weapon was forged and kick the creator squarely in the jimmy's for that suffix.....

Haha, I still have a silver rapier of ooze bane in my bank somewhere. Great for those vampire oozes. :)

roggane
05-28-2008, 10:48 AM

pfft...or the 3-4 ghostouch hvy/light/buckler sheilds that show up as my end rewards EVERY time....

oh, and wooden sheilds.....seriously?

dameron
05-28-2008, 10:49 AM
The purpose of Hide Armor is that it is the heaviest armor that doesn't remove a druid's spellcasting ability. It's made for druids, by druids. They cannot wear metal armor, so padded, leather, or hide are their only options.

If that class was ever added to DDO, you'd see Hide armor get used.

Maybe for about 10 minutes until the Druid pulls/buys a darkleaf breastplate or banded armor.

Kris_P._Letus
05-28-2008, 10:49 AM
underwater action helm of water breathing. 1 charge. huh?

lol. i used to like pulling the full plates that were rr warforge. or the docents that were rr elf.

Hanneman
05-28-2008, 10:52 AM
My Favorite Item is still

Feather Fall boots of Feather falling :D

I think a double strength should make you fly.

GeneralDiomedes
05-28-2008, 11:18 AM
Although the Scarf of Warmth is a nice touch, it should be in a lvl 1 quest, not a lvl 8.

Turial
05-28-2008, 12:39 PM
Poison immunity goggles of protection from poison 5/day RR warforged.

+3 vorpal longsword RR warforged titan....just what he needs, a vorpal letter opener!

Lazarus
05-28-2008, 12:42 PM
wisdom 4 helm of owls wisdom 3/day

GlassCannon
05-28-2008, 03:41 PM
INT +4 ring of Fox's Cunning 3x/rest

WIS +4 Helm of Owl's Wisdom 1x/rest RR Dwarf

Vicious Dagger of Maiming

I pulled and sold 3 docents RR Elf, Halfling and Dwarf, respectively

I have sold a +2 fullplate that was RR WF

Vicious Dwarven Axe of Greater Dwarf Bane, RR Dwarf(This one made me laugh before I sold it)

Edit: Vorpal Longsword of Lesser Ooze Bane, RR WF
Ghosttouch Smiting Shortsword of lesser Reptilian Bane(YES! Now I can Smite those Reptilian Constructs!)
Everbright bows/crossbows...
Vicious Lifeshield Dagger of Lesser Orc Bane(What??)
Wounding Rapier of Lesser Undead Bane

Gauery
05-28-2008, 03:54 PM
At least they have fixed the table somewhat I remember shortly after beta I recieved a +1 FP rr Warforged.
whoever came up with those vicious weapons must be getting a real big laugh. Did a shroud run a few weeks back and the barb in the group was using a vicious construct bane weapon on the portals our clerics were ticked off massivly.

Ishturi
05-28-2008, 03:58 PM
You can pull outfits of stability on risia.

At first glance they appear like nothing is wrong. But when you consider that outfits are designed primarily for monks, who are required to be LAWFUL... while stability only works on TRUE NEUTRAL...

*sigh*

ahpook
05-28-2008, 04:58 PM
You can pull outfits of stability on risia.

At first glance they appear like nothing is wrong. But when you consider that outfits are designed primarily for monks, who are required to be LAWFUL... while stability only works on TRUE NEUTRAL...

*sigh*
My rogue would have loved one of those back in the day. And he will be looking out for a nice new outfit so hopefully they are not all monk centric.

cdbd3rd
05-28-2008, 05:16 PM
Or my vicious rapier of smiting.

Much akin to my Vicious scimmies of Disruption. My matched pair of them, actually. ;)

Deaths_ward
05-28-2008, 05:18 PM
+1 Ghost Touch Short Sword of Puncturing......yeah for all those incorporeal enemies that actually have a constitution score

The10man
05-28-2008, 05:22 PM
I seem to always pull Ghost touch weapons that do constitution damage. Huh?? How mony incorporeal beings bleed when you poke em?

lenric
05-28-2008, 05:39 PM

Brunos has a pink blue and green brigandine. Its pretty phenomenally ugly.

pfft...or the 3-4 ghostouch hvy/light/buckler sheilds that show up as my end rewards EVERY time....

oh, and wooden sheilds.....seriously?

The ghost touch shields wouldn't be as useless were the ghost touch prefix to work properly on armor/shields and allow us to have an ac against incorpral monsters. Although I'm not sure the incorporeals bypass our armor completely like it would be in pen and paper.

As far as the wooden shields...Druids. As stated before in this thread druids cannot wear metal armor or shields.

Lorien_the_First_One
05-28-2008, 05:46 PM
i used to like pulling the full plates that were rr warforge. or the docents that were rr elf.

I've pulled a necklace of prot from poison, rr WF and a UWA, rr WF

Borror0
05-28-2008, 07:19 PM
Brunos has a pink blue and green brigandine. Its pretty phenomenally ugly.

Yep, we're talking about the same model.