PDA

View Full Version : A heads up for the developers. (Exit Survey)

Cowdenicus
05-27-2008, 10:10 AM
You may want to go back in and fix the exit survey. It only recognizes through 14th level, and there were a few options that really are not applicable anymore.

Thats all I have to say about that.

Peace.

Before it is asked, No you cant have my stuff. I dont have much anybody would want anyways.

Impaqt
05-27-2008, 10:19 AM
See ya in a couple weeks.

Cowdenicus
05-27-2008, 10:21 AM
See ya in a couple weeks.

I am not an addict, and my account is still active until the 17th.

Aspenor
05-27-2008, 10:23 AM

You know, the first step to freedom is acceptance. :p

Garth_of_Sarlona
05-27-2008, 10:41 AM
You may want to go back in and fix the exit survey. It only recognizes through 14th level, and there were a few options that really are not applicable anymore.

The only conclusion I can come to is nobody has left DDO since module 6 was released... it must be... <fingers in ears>

Garth

parvo
05-27-2008, 12:13 PM

Oh yes you are. What game are you going to?

GlassCannon
05-28-2008, 01:19 AM
Oh yes you are. What game are you going to?

No matter which one, he will be back.

They always come back.

dragnmoon
05-28-2008, 01:48 AM
Nooo!!!!!..... No More Healing For Me!!!!! :D;):p

See you in a month or 2 :D

Invalid_86
05-28-2008, 03:31 PM
I noticed the same thing when I cancelled my account.

They did have the option of leaving feedback along the lines of "I'm quitting because the game strays away from PnP too much", so I was all over that.

Sadly the game isn't even trying to keep to the DnD rules. Sure a few rules here and there have to be changed for the format, but Turbine is just chucking them wholesale. And without actually being a DnD game, not just using the window dressing, DDO is basically a badly fleshed out MMO. To put it bluntly there are better MMOs out there, and without the uniqueness of the DnD rules why stay?

Sure you can say the dungeons are beautiful- and they are. For the first handful of times you run them. Then it's just formulaic. Come on, you aren't even surprised by traps and ambushes anymore.

Instanced dungeons are nice. Lack of spawn camping, ninja looting, and very little PvP are all pluses. Give credit where credit is due.

But.......

Way too many mistakes were made at launch that aren't likely to get changed anytime soon.

No I am not quitting for Conan. Been playing City of Heroes again, and having a great time. It may not be for everyone, but it actually shares alot of the perks of DDO (contained PvP, instanced dungeons, no spawn camping, no ninja looting), plus more.

You can just run around the streets knocking criminals around. You can actually use real teleports, jump abilities, and flight! You can customize your character's appearance to the Nth degree. The graphics are nice, farmers are nearly non-existent, there is consistent content for every level up to 50th, there is an optional crafting system that is actually pretty cool. So yeah, I'm having fun.

No you can't have my stuff. What, you thought after all of the discussions I had about twinking and way too much magic in the game would lead me to throw my vorpals/banishers/ingredients/paralyzers/unused tomes/whatever back into circulation?

So have fun. If DDO is your game, bless you and enjoy it. That's all that matters.

And thank you Beer for always being a great guild to run with.

Gunga
05-28-2008, 03:47 PM
I didn't think they coded the wish spell yet...

See ya, Van. ;)

liamfrancais
05-28-2008, 03:52 PM
Thanks for all the advice and poignant comments over the years I wish you well and good travels.

VonBek
05-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Peace

DesertBlue
05-28-2008, 08:24 PM
Cya Vanash. Send all your best gear to Coldest-1.

Cowdenicus
06-10-2008, 08:47 PM
Good thing I did cancel, now no WDA's or anything. Just seems like the Devs are not going to be talking as much or something, at least not about anything substantive.

Heck I wouldnt even be posting anything in here, havent really logged in even the forums for a couple weeks, except I got over 400 emails from Turbine today.

Aesop
06-10-2008, 08:53 PM
You best come back and say hi... can't believe you tried to leave without saying goodbye... totally hurt my feeling ... punk:(

Aesop

Qzipoun
06-10-2008, 08:57 PM
They always come back.

My ever-shrinking friends list begs to differ.

Some will, most do not. Some come back just to leave again.

Cowdenicus
06-10-2008, 09:05 PM
You best come back and say hi... can't believe you tried to leave without saying goodbye... totally hurt my feeling ... punk:(

Aesop

I do have a free month coming some time, I am thinking of saving it for Mod8 as a last ditch effort to come back to the game, but who knows.

Hvymetal
06-11-2008, 03:54 AM
Take it easy Cow, we did not always agree on everything but I always found your posts insightful. (P.S. And Clerics are still powerfull enough :p)

Borror0
06-11-2008, 04:05 AM
And Clerics are still powerfull enough

Clerics are currently the most powerful class in the game, or at least will be once BB will be fixed. :p

Bye Cow, have a good one and see you later.