PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Development Activities - 5/26/08

Tolero
05-26-2008, 11:59 AM
Weekly Development Activities
The following are items which are in development or QA testing for release in Module 7.

The marketplace tent is gone, destroyed in a hail of fiendish magic that left a crater in its wake. While the devils of Shavarath have been pushed back to their home plane, remnants of their army remain. Amidst the chaos of the invasion, monks have arrived to turn the tide.

General

Monks have been added to the game as a new playable class!
Class trainers will now teach characters of any level, and will warn you if you are about to multi-class. When multi-classing, they will warn you if your ability scores are too low to cast all spells that class receives.
Two new raids have been added to the game! The forces of the devils Shavarath stand before the assembled guilds of Stormreach! Guilds must battle raid bosses from Velah to the The Pit Fiend to collect the keys needed to win the race to unlock the raid for the entire server. Take the battle to Suulomades, a General of the armies that attacked the city during the invasion. Battle Xy’zzy, the Hound of Xoriat, and crush the invaders once and for all!
Once a day quests have been added to the game. These daily quests provide adventuring opportunity for low level adventurers. Collect trophies from vanquished monsters, hunt down rare monsters and collect bounties!
Players can now create their own chat channels!
3 New Monsters! Horned devil, sahuagin, living spells.
NEW The Market map has been updated to reflect the current state of the tent.UI Improvements

A confirmation dialog has been added to the Default button in the Options UI.
There are now 20 shortcut bars available, for those who carry too many clickies/weapons/spells to fit on 10. Those of you who had previously used the unsupported methods of accessing bars 11-20 will be happy to know that they now will remember where you put them on the screen.
When examined, some scrolls did not display their level 16 UMD class requirement. This has been fixed.
Quest portal info screen text has changed. It now shows the quest difficulty along with the level.
A new click and hold to attack option has been added to the game and is defaulted to on.
The Finished button in the quest objectives panel will no longer be grayed out if the player is resurrected after quest completion.
If your shopping cart is empty, the buy/sell/repair button will be grayed out to prevent confusion.
Floaty damage numbers now spread out further -- this should make it easier for people who hit a monster several times at once to see the damage (rangers with many shot, for example).
There are now key bindings for switching to shortcut bars 11-20, and for shortcuts 51-100.
The G15 keyboard display now shows a Ki bar for monks.
A confirmation dialog will now appear if you close a vendor UI with items still in a shopping cart.
The Quest Portal UI will now display a warning if you do not have the selected quest bestowed, or if you are on the wrong chapter/goal.
The fellow select keys will no longer toggle selection by default. You can turn this behavior back on if preferred in the Options (Game play tab).
Maps will now display active quest entrances and quest-givers, allowing players to see available quests that they are eligible to undertake.
NEW The Thirteenth Eclipse will now appear listed with the '/quest completions' command.Spells
General Spell Changes

The turn-you-to-stone effects used by elder earth elementals and stone scorpions are now named "Petrify" so as not to confuse warforged who are immune to "flesh to stone", but not to these effects.
When you summon a monster into your own persistent AOE (cloudkill, blade barrier, wall of fire, etc), it will no longer take damage on arriving in the world.
Sound Burst has had its spell description changed to reflect the fact that the stun effect can be resisted using Spell resistance.
Some spells which had been able to affect foes through doors and force fields now do a better job of checking line of sight.
NEW When using a scroll for a spell available to multiple classes, you will now make the most advantageous combination of Arcane Spell Failure/Caster Level Check/UMD rolls, instead of always treating it as a wizard spell.
NEW The Greater Heroism Fear Immunity effect has been changed to a match other beneficial effects of the spell.
NEW Harm can no longer affect undead enemies.
NEW Dwarven magic resistance now works against Feeblemind, Curse, and Flesh to Stone. Dwarves will now get their full saves versus these spells.Skills, Feats, & Abilities
General Feat Changes

Insightful Reflexes and Force of Personality feats previously required that you logout and login to take effect; now they take effect immediately.
The fascinate feat for bards now has a will saving throw. The DC is the bard's perform skill plus a d20.
Barbarian/Rogue multi-class characters will now get a uses per day of uncanny dodge and improved uncanny dodge based on the sum of their rogue and barbarian levels.
Shield Mastery, Improved Shield Mastery, and Dwarven Shield Mastery now only apply when blocking with a shield. Two weapon blocking has been updated to give +2DR when blocking, only when using two weapons.
Wizards now receive Simple Weapon Proficiency: Unarmed, as no classes should receive a non-proficiency penalty with natural weapons.
Paladin Smite Evil uses now regenerate at a rate of 1 every 90 seconds.
Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate now have a 6 second cool down instead of 10 seconds.
Rogues who were level 10+ before Mod 6 should now be able to respec crippling strike and improved evasion. They will receive free respec tokens for each feat that is "fixed" so they may respec them.
Feats and effects which give a bonus to save "versus spells", for example the dwarven racial feat, now work on feeblemind.
Stealthy two weapon fighters with the Two Weapon Fighting feat should now make attacks with each hand when stealth.
NEW Shield bashing is now affected by feats such as combat stances.
NEW Improved precise shot now works with thrown hammers. New Feats
The following general changes have been made to existing enhancements:
The costs of Halfling Cunning I - III and Rogue Sneak Attack Accuracy I - III have been reduced to 1 action point per level.
The bonus granted by Rogue Sneak Attack Training has been increased to 3 points of sneak attack damage per level.
Rogue Way of the Assassin I now grants a passive +4 bonus to sneak attack damage in addition to its other effects.
The effect of Paladin Divine Righteousness I, Rogue Way of the Assassin I active abilities, and Rogue Way of the Thief-Acrobat I "show time" now lasts 60 seconds instead of 20 seconds.
Barbarian and Rogue Trap Sense enhancements now grant a +2 bonus to saves vs. traps per level instead of +1.
Paladin Bulwark of Good and Resistance of Good costs reduced to 1 point per level
Paladin Focus of Good now grants +3, +6, or +9 to Concentration checks.
Paladin Courage of Good now grants +2, +4, or +6 to Fear saves.
The following iconic monk feats have been added to the game:
Purity of Body – You are immune to all forms of disease, including magical or supernatural diseases.
Wholeness of Body – Permits a monk to regain health over time.
Diamond Body – You have mastered your metabolism, and are immune to poison.
Timeless Body – Your body and soul are your own, and you do not create spawn effects should you fall in combat with the undead. NOTE: This is a level 17 feat, available to level 17 Monks and higher.
Still Mind and Fast Movement for the monk have been added to the game. Enhancements
New Enhancements
Halfling Cunning IV:
Cost: 4 Action Points
Prereqs: Level 14 Halfling, Halfling Cunning III, 48 action points spent.
Benefit: You gain an additional +1 bonus to attack rolls when flanking an enemy, bringing the total increase to 4.
Halfling Guile I:
Cost: 1 Action Point
Prereqs: Level 3 Halfling, Halfling Cunning I, 7 action points spent.
Benefit: You gain +2 to your sneak attack damage and +1 to bluff.
Halfling Guile II:
Cost: 2 Action Points
Prereqs: Level 7 Halfling, Halfling Cunning II, Halfling Guile I, 22 action points spent.
Benefit: You gain an additional +2 to your sneak attack damage, bringing the total increase to 4, and an additional +1 to bluff, bringing the total increase to 2.
Halfling Guile III:
Cost: 3 Action Points
Prereqs: Level 11 Halfling, Halfling Cunning III, Halfling Guile II, 37 action points spent.
Benefit: You gain an additional +2 to your sneak attack damage, bringing the total increase to 6, and an additional +1 to bluff, bringing the total increase to 3.
Halfling Guile IV:
Prereqs: Level 15 Halfling, Halfling Cunning IV, Halfling Guile III, 52 action points spent.
Benefit: You gain an additional +2 to your sneak attack damage, bringing the total increase to 8, and an additional +1 to bluff, bringing the total increase to 4.
Paladin Bulwark of Good IV:
Prereqs: Level 15 Paladin, Paladin Bulwark of Good III, 52 action points spent.
Benefit: Your aura of good provides an additional +4 Armor Class bonus.
Paladin Divine Sacrifice I:
Prereqs: Paladin level 5, Paladin Extra Smiting II, 15 Action Points spent
Benefit: Giving up some of your life force to win the battle, you empower your next blow against your foe. This attack deals an additional 5d6 Good damage to evil opponents and increases the critical multiplier of your weapon by 1, but costs you 10 hp and 1 sp, whether or not the attack is successful. (3 second cool down)
Paladin Divine Sacrifice II:
Prereqs: Paladin level 12, Paladin Divine Sacrifice I, Paladin Extra Smiting III, 42 Action Points spent
Benefit: Giving up some of your life force to win the battle, you empower your next blow against your foe. This attack deals an additional 7d6 Good damage to evil opponents and increases the critical multiplier of your weapon by 1, but costs you 10 hp and 1 sp, whether or not the attack is successful.
Paladin Divine Sacrifice III: (Not yet available)
Prereqs: Paladin level 19, Paladin Divine Sacrifice II, Paladin Extra Smiting IV, 69 Action Points spent
Benefit: Giving up some of your life force to win the battle, you empower your next blow against your foe. This attack deals an additional 9d6 Good damage to evil opponents and increases the critical multiplier of your weapon by 1, but costs you 10 hp and 1 sp, whether or not the attack is successful.
Paladin Exalted Smite I:
Prereqs: Level 6 Paladin, Paladin Extra Smiting II, 19 Action Points Spent
Benefit: Using this attack, you call on the paladin's ability to strike down evil creatures, gaining twice your Charisma bonus to your attack roll, a damage bonus based on your paladin level, and +1 to your weapon's critical damage multiplier. (5 second cool-down, uses smites per day, replaces Smite Evil.)
Paladin Exalted Smite II:
Prereqs: Level 10 Paladin, Paladin Exalted Smite I, Paladin Extra Smite III, 34 Action Points Spent
Benefit: Using this attack, you call on the paladin's ability to strike down evil creatures, gaining twice your Charisma bonus to your attack roll, a damage bonus based on your paladin level, and +1 to your weapon's critical threat range and damage multiplier. (Cool down drops to 4 seconds.)
Paladin Exalted Smite III:
Prereqs: Level 14 Paladin, Paladin Exalted Smite II, Paladin Extra Smite IV, 49 Action Points Spent
Benefit: Using this attack, you call on the paladin's ability to strike down evil creatures, gaining twice your Charisma bonus to your attack roll, a damage bonus based on your paladin level, and +1 to your weapon's critical threat range and +2 to your weapon's critical damage multiplier. (Cooldown drops to 3 seconds.)
Paladin Exalted Smite IV: (Not yet available)
Prereqs: Level 18 Paladin, Paladin Exalted Smite III, Paladin Extra Smite IV, 64 Action Points Spent
Benefit: Using this attack, you call on the paladin's ability to strike down evil creatures, gaining twice your Charisma bonus to your attack roll, a damage bonus based on your paladin level, and +2 to your weapon's critical threat range and damage multiplier. (Cooldown drops to 2 seconds.)
Paladin Redemption I
Prereqs: Level 9 Paladin, Paladin Extra Lay on Hands I, 28 Action Points Spent, Any one of: Paladin Devotion II, Paladin Heal II
Benefit: You can activate this ability and expend one use of Lay on Hands to raise the dead, returning your target to life at 10% health. (30 second cooldown.)
Paladin Redemption II
Prereqs: Level 14 Paladin, Paladin Extra Lay on Hands II, Paladin Redemption I, 50 Action Points Spent, Any one of: Paladin Devotion III, Paladin Heal III
Benefit: You can activate this ability and expend one use of Lay on Hands to resurrect the dead, returning your target to life at 50% health.
Paladin Redemption III (Not yet available)
Prereqs: Level 19 Paladin, Paladin Extra Lay on Hands III, Paladin Redemption II, 70 Action Points Spent, Any one of: Paladin Devotion IV, Paladin Heal IV
Benefit: You can activate this ability and expend one use of Lay on Hands to true resurrect the dead, returning your target to life at 100% health.
Rogue Sneak Attack Accuracy IV:
Prereqs: Level 14 Rogue, Rogue Sneak Attack Accuracy III, 48 action points spent.
Benefit: You gain an additional +1 bonus to hit with your sneak attacks.
Rogue Wrack Construct I
Prereqs: Rogue level 3, Rogue Disable Device I, 7 Action Points Spent
Benefit: You can activate this ability to use your understanding of mechanical objects and their vulnerabilities to strike at critical points in a construct's anatomy, dealing an extra 1d6 damage to constructs or living constructs. In addition, the target must make a Reflex save, DC 10 + Half Rogue Level + Intelligence Modifier or suffer a 10% reduction in their resistance to Critical Hits for a short period of time. (6 second cooldown.)
Rogue Wrack Construct II
Prereqs: Rogue level 7, Rogue Disable Device II, Rogue Wrack Construct I, 22 Action Points Spent
Benefit: You can activate this ability to use your understanding of mechanical objects and their vulnerabilities to strike at critical points in a construct's anatomy, dealing an extra 3d6 damage to constructs or living constructs. In addition, the target must make a Reflex save, DC 10 + Half Rogue Level + Intelligence Modifier or suffer a 20% reduction in their resistance to Critical Hits for a short period of time.
Rogue Wrack Construct III
Prereqs: Rogue level 11, Rogue Wrack Construct II, 37 Action Points Spent, Any one of: Rogue Disable Device III, Rogue Way of the Mechanic I
Benefit: You can activate this ability to use your understanding of mechanical objects and their vulnerabilities to strike at critical points in a construct's anatomy, dealing an extra 5d6 damage to constructs or living constructs. In addition, the target must make a Reflex save, DC 10 + Half Rogue Level + Intelligence Modifier or suffer a 30% reduction in their resistance to Critical Hits for a short period of time.
Rogue Way of the Assassin II:
Prereqs: Rogue Level 12, Rogue Way of the Assassin I, Rogue Sneak Attack Accuracy III, Rogue Sneak Attack Training III, 42 Action Points Spent
Benefit: Grants an additional +2 bonus to damage on critical hits (before multipliers), +2 bonus to Bluff, Hide, and Move Silently skills and a +1 bonus to Fortitude saves against poison. Also grants the ability to make devastating melee attacks that can kill a living target instantly on a successful sneak attack made from stealth if the target fails a Fortitude save, DC 10 + Rogue Level + Int Modifier. (15 second cool-down, can only be performed while stealth and when sneak attacking.)
Rogue Way of the Mechanic II:
Prereqs: Rogue Level 12, Rogue Way of the Mechanic I, Rogue Disable Device III, Rogue Improved Trap Sense II, Rogue Open Lock III, 42 Action Points Spent
Benefit: Grants an additional +2 bonus to Disable Device, Open Lock, Repair, Search, and Spot skills. Also grants an additional +4 to saves against traps and 2 points of additional resistance against all elements.
Rogue Way of the Thief Acrobat II:
Prereqs: Rogue Level 12, Rogue Way of the Thief Acrobat I, Rogue Dexterity III, 42 Action Points Spent
Benefit: Grants an additional +2 bonus to Balance, Jump, and Tumble skills, increases your movement rate by 10%, and 2 extra uses per rest of Uncanny Dodge. Also grants a greater increase to attack speed with staves and complete immunity to knockdown effects and slippery surfaces. General Enhancement Changes
Changes to Existing Enhancements:
The following general changes have been made to existing enhancements:
The costs of Halfling Cunning I - III and Rogue Sneak Attack Accuracy I - III have been reduced to 1 action point per level.
The bonus granted by Rogue Sneak Attack Training has been increased to 3 points of sneak attack damage per level.
The effect of Paladin Divine Righteousness I, Rogue Way of the Assassin I active abilities, and Rogue Way of the Thief-Acrobat I "show time" now lasts 60 seconds instead of 20 seconds.
Barbarian and Rogue Trap Sense enhancements now grant a +2 bonus to saves vs. traps per level instead of +1.
Paladin Bulwark of Good and Resistance of Good costs reduced to 1 point per level
Paladin Focus of Good now grants +3, +6, or +9 to Concentration checks.
Paladin Courage of Good now grants +2, +4, or +6 to Fear saves.
Paladin Extra Smite Evil I - IV each now increase your maximum number of Smites by 1Items

Bursting weapons now continue to increase their damage if they "burst" on an attack that has greater than a x4 damage multiplier.
Several new chain shirt appearances have been added to the treasure tables.
Gem and collectible bags now have an "auto-gather" feature that can be turned on. Whenever the player picks up a collectible or gem, it will go into a collectible or gem bag if there is room, when enabled. Auto-gathering prefers bags that already have a stack of the picked up item over bags that do not have any.
Weapons conjured by the Holy Sword spell and arrows created by the Arcane Archer enhancement are no longer destroyed at the end of a dungeon. These items now persist until you have been logged out for half an hour or more.
Several new chain shirt appearances have been added to the treasure tables.
UPDATED The names of some item effects have been changed to avoid confusion with similarly named enhancements. The effects themselves remain the same. "Improved Maximize I", "Improved Enlarge I", "Improved Extend I", "Improved Empower II", and "Improved Empower Healing I" have been renamed to "Efficient Metamagic - Maximize I", "Efficient Metamagic - Enlarge I", "Efficient Metamagic - Extend I", "Efficient Metamagic - Empower II", and "Efficient Metamagic - Empower Healing I".
The following potions are now equipped with funnels so they can be used on afflicted friends: Potion of Fear Removal, Potion of Poison Neutralization, Potion of Blindness Removal, Potion of Curse Removal, Potion of Disease Removal, Woodblossom Mead, and Crimson Nightshade Infusion. The new funnels are especially easy to use so raging barbarians should have no problems with them.
A new item honoring Gary Gygax, has been added to the Delera's end reward list. "Voice of the Master" grants +5% XP to dungeon completion, and "Good Luck +1" to skill checks and saves.
All of the various energy absorption treasure effects used by the M6 raid loot (Fire Absorption - 10%, Negative Energy Absorption - 10%, etc.) have been fixed so that they absorb the proper amount of incoming damage.
Shields now can be randomly generated with a much wider range of enchantments.
Weapons conjured by the Holy Sword spell and arrows created by the Arcane Archer enhancement are no longer destroyed at the end of a dungeon. These items now persist until you have been logged out for half an hour or more.
The bartenders of Stormreach have become tired of watching the lucrative business of item repair going to other shopkeepers, and have enrolled in an item repair courses. Barkeeps will now be able to repair items.
New items have been added to the Catacombs and Waterworks end reward lists! These Eternal Wands are geared towards aiding low level clerics, sorcerers, and wizards.
Several quests have had item rewards added for the Monk.
The weapons created by a Paladin's Holy Sword spell now defeat byeshk, silver, and cold iron damage reductions.
Basic Quivers are now available from most ranged weapon vendors. Upgraded quivers are available from the House Deneith faction merchant.
All collectible and ingredient bags will now hold a maximum stack size of 1000 of each ingredient.
The icon for scrolls will now show the yellow ! overlay when the player can make a caster level check, to indicate that the player can use the scroll with a penalty, or that they might fail to use it, as opposed to the red X overlay that indicates that the player cannot use the scroll at all.
Quivers, Ingredient Bags, and other bags of various types can now be repaired at most vendors.Crafting

Energy cells in the shroud raid can now be charged by weapons with higher total plus equivalence. The medium cells can now be charged by weapons from +6 through +15, and high energy cells can be charged by weapons from +8 through +15.
Green steel raid loot accessories from the Shroud that have the old Existential Stalemate that had a +4 to Wisdom as one of the effects can now be upgraded at a Stone of Change. The +4 Wisdom effect will be increased to the current +6 Wisdom that new Existential Stalemate items now get.
The Twelve has discovered several new rituals that can be performed at the Stone of Change. As before, you must first bind and attune your item before performing an Eldritch Ritual. The new rituals and their recipes are as follows:
"Alchemical Armor Eldritch Ritual" - Grants armor a +1 alchemical bonus to AC.
Requires: Your armor, 5 Vials of Pure Water, and 15 Strings of Prayer Beads.
"Alchemical Shield Eldritch Ritual" - Grants your shield a +1 alchemical bonus to AC.
Requires: Your shield, 6 Silver Flame Hymnals, and 2 Tomes: Prophecies of Khyber.
"Force Damage Ritual" - Your weapon will do 1 point of force damage on each successful hit.
Requires: Your weapon, 3 Luminescent Dusts, and 9 Fragrant Drowshood mushrooms.
"Force Critical Ritual"- Your weapon will do 1d4 points of force damage on each successful critical hit.
Requires: Your weapon, 6 Sparkling Dusts, and 12 Deadly Feverblanch mushrooms.
"Resistance Ritual" - Your jewelry item will give you a +1 competance bonus to saves.
Requires: Your jewelry accessory, 4 Lightning-Split Soarwoods, and 22 Funerary Tokens. Monsters

Dispel magic no longer dispels ogre and troll rage.
A few wight priests will no longer cast cure spells on themselves.
If a teleporting monster gets himself into water, he will now properly teleport home and heal himself.
Previously, if you summoned a scorpion with "summon monster 2", enemy monsters might continue to attack it while it was burrowed. This should no longer happen (they might attack it as it is doing the burrowing animation, but won't chase it around while it is underground).
Previously, some Orcs would stand around doing nothing (most notably Orc Rangers). Now they should work.
Tieflings are now correctly immune to hold person and other spells that should not work on outsiders.
Two of the shroud lieutenants were not properly buffing their pals; their boss has smacked them around a bit, and now they will play better with others.
Intimidate now generates significantly greater threat against affected monsters when used.
Monsters will react more intelligently to being prevented from reaching their desired targets.
Charmed monsters should be less indecisive about picking out enemies. Likewise, your foes will less indecisive about who they focus aggression toward when a summoned or charmed monster is near them.
When chasing retreating monsters, it should be significantly easier to successfully connect with attacks.Quests

The Black Abbot Raid
The mechanics of the Black Abbot Phasing Tile room have been adjusted. On Normal difficulty, 20% of the tiles will be down at any time. Hard difficulty is now set to the previous Normal (approximately 30%), and Elite is unchanged and is still set to the original "Normal" difficulty.
The Shroud
The agents of the twelve have been studying the shroud and report a shift in the 13th moon. They speculate the moon of death’s influence will wan in the northwest part of the valley.
Favor for the Shroud will now appear in your adventure compendium.
Once the Pit Fiend is defeated in the final phase of the raid, portals will now appear allowing players to access the previous phases. This will allow them to craft and recover chests at their leisure.
Twilight Canyon
The way to the upper levels will now only open for players who speak to Paetus after he has been rescued.
Sands of Menechtarun
All zombies in the Menechtarun area now drop the special desert tokens instead of regular collectibles.
Orchard of the Macabre
A named rare blackbone skeleton in the Orchard of the Macabre now casts spells.
The Catacombs
Oozes and slimes have disappeared but, other vermin may lurk in the shadows.
Ambush at Sea
The crewmen can now be healed and will be easier to keep alive.
Delera's Tomb
Several wraiths in part one of the Delera series are no longer bound to certain gates. Players can now turn them without fear of waiting.
Set in a wooded alcove near Delera’s Tomb, a symbolic memorial site has been erected for visitors to pay homage to Dungeon Master Gary Gygax.
Tomb of the Blighted
Vials of Blessed Water now remove the slow portion of blight rot in addition to the ability damage portion.
NEW Gelatinous Cubes in this tomb will no longer be so... stubborn. Shopping

The potion vendor ogre in Gianthold now sells potions of Lesser Restoration.
The arcane scroll vendor for level 4 and 5 scrolls in House Jorasco no longer sells any level 3 scrolls.
Soul gems will now appear under the Ingredients category in the auction house.Other Changes

If you had unlocked the bonus character slot from 1750 favor, it would intermittently not show up. That should no longer happen.
Previously, some poison dart traps (in the Sunken Sewer, for example) would damage warforged (and others wearing poison immunity items) despite their poison immunity. This should no longer happen. Similarly, there were a few dart traps that did fire/sonic/cold/etc damage, which would bypass appropriate damage resistances. This should also no longer happen.
The save DC's on traps that scale with difficulty have been lowered on Hard and Elite. Elite trap save DC's are now roughly equivalent to what Hard trap save DC's were before this change. (For example, a trap that previously had a save DC of 30 on Elite will now be DC 22.) Spot, search, disable, and damage values remain unchanged.
It is now easier to see when standing in an incendiary cloud
Scrolls that were missing a level 16 UMD class requirement will now display correctly when examined.
Bidding on an item from the Bids page of the auction house that you have been outbid on will no longer result in an error message.
Players who perish in either the realm of Dolurrh in Desecrated Temple or in the fire rooms in Rainbow in Dark will no longer leave their soul stones behind when they teleport out.
AOE buff spells cast in tavern brawl pits will now hit yourself (but not anyone else, since everyone else in the pit is your enemy!)
When wielding a finesse weapon, the to-hit value in the Inventory panel will now correctly display using your Dex mod if your Dex mod is greater then you Str mod.
Previously, the DC listed for combat feat tooltips did not include bonuses from enhancements and feats. This was a visual glitch only; they were still being added to the actual DC in combat. This is now fixed.
The fire effect for a minotaur shaman staff no longer hangs in the air after it has been shattered with a cold spell.
The teleport bug in The Shadow Crypt where the camera detaches and is floating in water has been fixed.

Ritual Sacrifice: Killing Ramak Orenah before the objective to do so appears, will no longer result in a broken quest.
Sirroco will now cause blindness only on critical hits, as per the description.
A visual bug was fixed where the XP or SP graphic bars would be in the wrong position, if your XP or SP changed in both directions rapidly. For example, if you were damaged, at the same time you were healed, the bar would move the the wrong position, however, the XP value shown would have been correct. .
Previously, spell focus: transmutation was not working. Now it works.
It is no longer possible to break some quests by having a pet trigger a monster entry.
The black abbot goggle effect will no longer persist if the goggles are destroyed while you are wearing them.
Bidding on an item that you have been outbid on, from the bids page of the auction house no longer results in an error message.
The description for the "Improved Uncanny Dodge" feat has been corrected; it now states correctly that the feat gives +6 to reflex saves.
The Lesser, Improved, and Greater Regeneration raid loot effects have been fixed so you no longer have to re-equip the items after zoning to get the effect reapplied.
It is now easier to see when standing in an incindeary cloud.
Previously, some poison dart traps (in the Sunken Sewer, for example) would damage warforged (and others wearing poison immunity items) despite their poison immunity. This should no longer happen. Similarly, there were a few dart traps that did fire/sonic/cold/etc damage, which would bypass appropriate damage resistances. This should also no longer happen.
If you had unlocked the bonus character slot from 1750 favor, it would randomly not show up. That should no longer happen.
Ladders in the following dungeons have been fixed: Redfang, ShanToKor part 1 - The Kobold's Blockade, Stop Hazadill’s Shipment, Garrison’s Missing Pack, The Waterworks part 1, Waterworks part 2, Waterworks Adventure Zone, Delera's Part 1.
Players above the quest level limit for slayer, explorer, and rare encounter quests can now advance these quests to completion, but will be receive reduced XP (XP Gained = XP For Goal / (Levels Over Cap + 1)). Any other players present in the area who are not above the quest level limit will not have their quests advanced. No change has been made for groups of players who are all within the min-max level range for an area. The spammy text alerts warning players their quest is not advancing have been replaced with static informational alerts.
While in a live event area (the one that allows spell casting in public areas), you no longer take the death penalty and death wear.
Some areas of the game are a bit foggier because of the battles that have been occurring there.
A bug which prevented the player from purchasing items at a barkeep (and other vendors who do not repair) has been fixed.
Tasty Ham no longer makes potion sounds when it hits the ground.
Bestow Curse is now removed on rest.
Trap boxes, upon discovery, now emit a small stream of particles for a few seconds to aid rogues and their party in finding them.
Players will no longer be able to swim in mid-air outside of a pool in Vale of Twilight.
The gloomy weather has passed from the city wards. Behold, the sun!
The ladders in Waterworks Invaders have been fixed.
Adjusted the position of a bridge in Cerulean Hills to remove a step up that was causing pets to be confused.
When picking up large stacks of items (most notably hundreds of dragonshard fragments), players and parties should notice less lag.
Previously, summoning a pet on top of a symbol spell could trigger the symbol. That should no longer happen.
NEW The Grouping UI will now filter postings correctly based on the status of the "Show groups I am not eligible for" button.
NEW Several eldritch device recipes that should have given the top Elemental Dust effect at the Altar of Devastation (phase 5 of the Shroud raid), were just giving the other tier three effect(s) that they were supposed to and were failing to give the special Elemental Dust Disintegration effect. This has been fixed. All future top tier Dust raid loot will get all of the proper effects. For those who currently have top tier Supreme Tyrant Dust raid loot that should have gotten the top Dust effect, we have good news. Take your weapon or accessory to the Stone of Change and perform a repair ritual. All you need is your item, and the Stone of Change will add the effect you were missing.7.11

dragnmoon
05-26-2008, 12:03 PM
Either they are going off the way they have done WDA in the past *No WDA on the week of release*, or there is not going to be MOD 7 in May like they said it would be.. doh!!!!

Edit: Woot First complaint in this weeks WDA!!!! :D:p;)

Greeka
05-26-2008, 12:04 PM

Not sure why this is being added since using a shield on a monk will make the monk no longer centered resulting in his/her Ki bar slowing draining to 0.

Mod7 will not be released till mid or late june by my estimations. However, there are a number of bugs and issues that need correcting and I would say early July for the release.

moorewr
05-26-2008, 12:07 PM

Not sure why this is being added since using a shield on a monk will make the monk no longer centered resulting in his/her Ki bar slowing draining to 0.

Mod7 will not be released till mid or late june by my estimations. However, there are a number of bugs and issues that need correcting and I would say early July for the release.

To hit/damage effects for PA and CE? Not sure either.

EDIT: I claim June 2 as the release date.

Vorn
05-26-2008, 12:11 PM

Power attack, combat expertise,....are combat stances.

shermahawk
05-26-2008, 12:11 PM
Either they are going off the way they have done WDA in the past *No WDA on the week of release*, or there is not going to be MOD 7 in May like they said it would be.. doh!!!!

Edit: Woot First complaint in this weeks WDA!!!! :D:p;)

If you click the "Way of the Monk" picture on the DDO home page, it takes you to a screen that says coming in June. I seriously hope that means June 1st and not June 30th.

Thanks for stopping!

kruggar
05-26-2008, 12:15 PM
NEW Several eldritch device recipes that should have given the top Elemental Dust effect at the Altar of Devastation (phase 5 of the Shroud raid), were just giving the other tier three effect(s) that they were supposed to and were failing to give the special Elemental Dust Disintegration effect. This has been fixed. All future top tier Dust raid loot will get all of the proper effects. For those who currently have top tier Supreme Tyrant Dust raid loot that should have gotten the top Dust effect, we have good news. Take your weapon or accessory to the Stone of Change and perform a repair ritual. All you need is your item, and the Stone of Change will add the effect you were missing.

didnt understood can someone explain please?

dragnmoon
05-26-2008, 12:15 PM
NEW The Greater Heroism Fear Immunity effect has been changed to a match other benificial effects of the spell.

Anyone want to guess what this means? Other then beneficial was spelled wrong..:p;)

dragnmoon
05-26-2008, 12:16 PM
If you click the "Way of the Monk" picture on the DDO home page, it takes you to a screen that says coming in June. I seriously hope that means June 1st and not June 30th.

It sure does...

Aspenor
05-26-2008, 12:18 PM
didnt understood can someone explain please?

She said that the tier III dust effect was not being applied properly for some items that it should have been on. It appears old items can have it added simply by being placed on the Stone of Change and repaired.

WestiesMA
05-26-2008, 12:24 PM

Thanks for stopping!

This is not good. Many more players will be lost to AoC. If MOD7 is not out this week like we anticipated, I will probably buy AoC and start playing that.

Lithic
05-26-2008, 12:27 PM

So much for "Faithfully Departed" at non-cap levels. Harm was the ONLY negative spell that could even be targetted on the mummy you need to protect. And what could possibly be the reasoning behind taking away our option to heal the undead (or for undead to HARM themselves)? If someone casts harm on undead, it is to heal their minion, heal the damn "Venerated", or an oopsie moment that teaches players to be more carefull.

Can we at least be allowed to hit the venerated in faithfully departed with OTHER negative spells? Like single and mass versions of inflict light/mod/serious/crit wounds? The change proposed will make even the hardcore favor hounds avoid this quest until cap, and shatter any chance of a lvl 8-11 party of doing this quest on anything but normal.

Korvek
05-26-2008, 12:31 PM
Anyone want to guess what this means? Other then beneficial was spelled wrong..:p;)

The Fear Immunity effect is/was bugged duration-wise I believe, which is why Greater Heroism's duration is listed as 2 hours or so.

Barumar
05-26-2008, 12:42 PM
This is not good. Many more players will be lost to AoC. If MOD7 is not out this week like we anticipated, I will probably buy AoC and start playing that.

They will come back! Besides, it will take you two days just to load/update it :D

I think we all need to be patient, and there will be Monks, lots of cool fixed, new stuff including new Quests and of course the new Raid Zone to unlock in a week or two...

Barumar

bobbryan2
05-26-2008, 12:43 PM
So much for "Faithfully Departed" at non-cap levels. Harm was the ONLY negative spell that could even be targetted on the mummy you need to protect. And what could possibly be the reasoning behind taking away our option to heal the undead (or for undead to HARM themselves)? If someone casts harm on undead, it is to heal their minion, heal the damn "Venerated", or an oopsie moment that teaches players to be more carefull.

Can we at least be allowed to hit the venerated in faithfully departed with OTHER negative spells? Like single and mass versions of inflict light/mod/serious/crit wounds? The change proposed will make even the hardcore favor hounds avoid this quest until cap, and shatter any chance of a lvl 8-11 party of doing this quest on anything but normal.

The venerated should technically be healed by healing spells anyway though. They're made undead through positive energy, not negative.

Lithic
05-26-2008, 12:44 PM
The venerated should technically be healed by healing spells anyway though. They're made undead through positive energy, not negative.

They could be healed with merfolk's blessing for all I care, I just want a way to keep them up while my 5 friends pound the drow into the ground :D

I just tried EVERY inflict spell there is, mass and single. None would go off while targetting the venerated. Harm healed the mummy fine, HEAL killed it in one shot (no surprise there lol). Gonna try the lowbie cures later, but I have a feeling it wont be good for the mummy...

DasLurch
05-26-2008, 12:48 PM
I am kinda hoping that someone can clairafy the whole elemental dust thing. I am guessing that part of the bonus didn't appear, but I couldn't figure out what it is or how to fix it from the cryptic response. Otherwise, it looks like 4 more weeks to release. oi....

TreknaQudane
05-26-2008, 01:06 PM

I remember beating that horse a while ago.

The Venerated are Type Undead not Deathless though. Its easier to say that the Drow used their magics to raise the truely dead elves and use them as puppets.

Darth_Sizzle
05-26-2008, 01:06 PM
NEW When using a scroll for a spell available to multiple classes, you will now make the most advantageous combination of Arcane Spell Failure/Caster Level Check/UMD rolls, instead of always treating it as a wizard spell.

Woot, I can actually wear armor on my Bard again!

Gaermain
05-26-2008, 01:11 PM

Thanks. Bunches.

There goes my Wiz King fun. Meh.

Garth_of_Sarlona
05-26-2008, 01:24 PM
Tolero - you forgot the best new feature in Mod7: Customisable /afk messages! ...and when you /tell someone who is AFK you get to see what you typed as well. Both very much appreciated.

Garth

health001
05-26-2008, 01:38 PM
bah put in auto follow for us lazy folk :)

moorewr
05-26-2008, 02:08 PM
Tolero - you forgot the best new feature in Mod7: Customisable /afk messages! ...and when you /tell someone who is AFK you get to see what you typed as well. Both very much appreciated.

Garth

how does it work? /afk "your message here?"

Borror0
05-26-2008, 02:35 PM
When using a scroll for a spell available to multiple classes, you will now make the most advantageous combination of Arcane Spell Failure/Caster Level Check/UMD rolls, instead of always treating it as a wizard spell.

Wow, I got two questions:

1. Wasn't that supposed to require a whole rewrite of the way scrolls work?
2. Is a fix for potions coming, so we can used them while under Madtsone or while Feared? With the change to Remove Fear potion, it's going to suck. Please do not make the change to Fear potions go live unless you fix that... unless you want to nerf Fear potions... but if you do, at least say so because I'm going to bug report it each time I get feared until you fix it.

bobbryan2
05-26-2008, 03:11 PM
Wow, I got two questions:

1. Wasn't that supposed to require a whole rewrite of the way scrolls work?
2. Is a fix for potions coming, so we can used them while under Madtsone or while Feared? With the change to Remove Fear potion, it's going to suck. Please do not make the change to Fear potions go live unless you fix that... unless you want to nerf Fear potions... but if you do, at least say so because I'm going to bug report it each time I get feared until you fix it.

You're not technically supposed to be able to drink a fear pot while feared. That's one of those things that isn't a huge deal. Just let someone else use the potion on you.

Borror0
05-26-2008, 03:13 PM
You're not technically supposed to be able to drink a fear pot while feared. That's one of those things that isn't a huge deal. Just let someone else use the potion on you.

It's an annoying change, though.

cdbd3rd
05-26-2008, 03:15 PM
how does it work? /afk "your message here?"

yup. no quotes, though.

A plain /afk toggles it on/off without a message.

GlassCannon
05-26-2008, 03:29 PM
The original DnD perpetuators deserve their place in History.

Throwing Hammers with IPS was something I didn't expect, and I noticed it when I used a Strength Sapping Throwing Hammer on the Stormreaver. It's good to see that that works now.

Now... behold, as the legion of Monks floods Stormreach.
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee307/sarin_elf/ScreenShot00016.jpg

BlackSteel
05-26-2008, 03:37 PM
dwarven saves get a buff? oh happy days.

like all u runts needed another boost

Angelus_dead
05-26-2008, 03:56 PM
Wrong. As the questgiver very carefully explains to you, they are regular undead mummies, not Deathless. The mummies in question pre-date the Aerenal civilization and the establishment of the Undying Court.

Anyhow, in that particular quest players shouldn't be able to cast Harm regardless, as it is too high level for the quest CR.

Razvan
05-26-2008, 04:15 PM

Why does everyone asume that you ahve to drink potions to make them work...I always figured that since they are magical in nature anyway they should work when you smash yourself with the vial upside your head too...as long as the liquid touches your skin...:D

Bladedge
05-26-2008, 04:40 PM

According to this, no mod 7 till June
http://www.ddo.com/index.php?page_id=347&siid=42

Vordax
05-26-2008, 04:53 PM

Actually, if feared you can use potions/spells.. but only certain potions and spells would fit the criteria (i.e. haste) from the SRD:

A frightened creature can use special abilities, including spells, to flee; indeed, the creature must use such means if they are the only way to escape.

Vordax

Darth_Sizzle
05-26-2008, 05:03 PM

Actually, I'm not sure I full understand. Does this mean that I will not suffer ASF when using any scroll on my Bard (Fireshield) while wearing light armor? Or, only with scrolls that are from a Bards list of spells.

Angelus_dead
05-26-2008, 05:08 PM
Actually, I'm not sure I full understand. Does this mean that I will not suffer ASF when using any scroll on my Bard (Fireshield) while wearing light armor? Or, only with scrolls that are from a Bards list of spells.
Yes, it will only help on spells from the bard, cleric, or ranger lists.

The main reason for this change is that clerics using a scroll of True Sight or Summon Monster while wearing their full plate would suffer Arcane Spell Failure as if they were wizards.

ArkoHighStar
05-26-2008, 05:53 PM
look like the 2 new raids are included in the completion list

(Standard): Raid Completions:
A Vision of Destruction : 0
Hound of Xoriat : 0
The Thirteenth Eclipse : 0
Accursed Ascension : 0
The Reaver's Fate : 0
Against the Demon Queen : 0
The Twilight Forge : 0
The Vault of Night : 0

which means that they have timers, which means you could basically be cut out of end content for 3 days if you did them all in 1 day, not sure how well thought out this was. Those with multiple chars will be ok, but those with 1 char will have to basically run the the same 5 quests for a few days until they can raid again, or only do 1 raid a day to keep being able to play something.

Auran82
05-26-2008, 06:03 PM

At least we know why they offered 6 months at a reduced price.

Thame
05-26-2008, 06:13 PM
On all WDA the devs step in alot and say things. Noticed since its been discovered no mod 7 till june, all I see and hear is crickets.

ahpook
05-26-2008, 06:20 PM
On all WDA the devs step in alot and say things. Noticed since its been discovered no mod 7 till june, all I see and hear is crickets.

Well it is a holiday at the Turbine office. I was suprised we got the WDA today.

ArkoHighStar
05-26-2008, 06:59 PM
Well it is a holiday at the Turbine office. I was suprised we got the WDA today.

that is because it is done on Friday and simply posted on Monday

Twerpp
05-26-2008, 09:02 PM

I bought the hype. 24 hours of gameplay (according to xfire) and I'll never touch that piece of **** again. Maybe in a year or so.

Cyr
05-26-2008, 10:46 PM
No mod untill June...seriously you guys couldn't make the one mod every three months schedule even with putting the mods out last day of the month? I hope for the games sake that the mod releases first business day of June, since every time this happens people leave...

Xaxx
05-27-2008, 12:39 AM
No mod untill June...seriously you guys couldn't make the one mod every three months schedule even with putting the mods out last day of the month? I hope for the games sake that the mod releases first business day of June, since every time this happens people leave...

actually they couldnt even make it within a 4 month window, so much for that getting rid of the inbetween mod content so they could focus on bigger and faster mods every quarter... LOL

What was it Paiz said in that interview begining of the year, they wanted to get to lev 20 this year... ROFLMAO... yeah if we see mod 8 with lev 18 before the end of the year it'll be a freaking miracle.

Hakushi
05-27-2008, 12:59 AM
NEW The Thirteenth Eclipse will now appear listed with the '/quest completions' command.

Very good thing. On the same subject, any plans to list correctly the raids in the completions list, currently it's listed as: MOD1, MOD3, MOD2, MOD4, MOD5, MOD6. With MOD7 added, it would be nice to have all of them in the appropriate order.

Lorien_the_First_One
05-27-2008, 06:22 AM
Very good thing. On the same subject, any plans to list correctly the raids in the completions list, currently it's listed as: MOD1, MOD3, MOD2, MOD4, MOD5, MOD6. With MOD7 added, it would be nice to have all of them in the appropriate order.

lol are you seriously complaining that they need to change the order the /quest completion displays the quests in? Who the heck cares what mod they are from, that's ancient history.

Lorien_the_First_One
05-27-2008, 06:26 AM
Why does everyone asume that you ahve to drink potions to make them work...I always figured that since they are magical in nature anyway they should work when you smash yourself with the vial upside your head too...as long as the liquid touches your skin...:D

Well mostly we base that on the D&D rules which clearly say potions must by drunk (or oils rubbed on):

Activation
Drinking a potion or applying an oil requires no special skill. The user merely removes the stopper and swallows the potion or smears on the oil.

....snip

A creature must be able to swallow a potion or smear on an oil. Because of this, incorporeal creatures cannot use potions or oils.

Any corporeal creature can imbibe a potion. The potion must be swallowed. Any corporeal creature can use an oil.

A character can carefully administer a potion to an unconscious creature as a full-round action, trickling the liquid down the creature’s throat. Likewise, it takes a full-round action to apply an oil to an unconscious creature.

Forceonature
05-27-2008, 07:03 AM

This is for when CE is on, your shield to-hit did not go down like it does for your weapon. This is good, as I was worrying about the flood of shield-bashing builds out there.:rolleyes:

Inkblack
05-27-2008, 07:17 AM

No monks for monk week! Awesome!
/sarcasm off

So was that bad scheduling or just a bad decision?

RTN
05-27-2008, 08:51 AM
I never understood why everyone was sure Monk Week would include the Mod. The Kate interview clearly said they were aiming for May (she did not state it would be out or guarantee it), but that is usually wrong and we should all know that by now. The Monk Week announcements have said they would be telling us a lot more about monks, not that they would be delivering them. I assumed from that language that the Mod wasn't dropping this week. Is a week or two delay really that big of a deal? I'm pretty sure no one is going to die because the Mod didn't drop in May. Yeah, I'm a little bored right now too, but it's not the end of the world. Take a break, do a little rare item farming, build up that bank account, level up a lowbie or try an experimental build.

Edit: Almost forgot, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE may a WDA before Mod7 drops include a line that the crafting altars will work much much faster. Normal crafting in the raid is a bit time consuming, but converting shards or worse, the hams, takes years off my life. Wait, those who are bored and dying for something can try converting a stack of hams to the WF version. By the time you're done with 100, the Mod should be here!

Jefro
05-27-2008, 09:06 AM
will devil assualt give favor and be listed in the adventure compendium, and will the new raid quests, hound of xoriat and view of destruction get listed?

dragonoffrost
05-27-2008, 09:17 AM
/sarcasm off

Actually they are doing monk week events on Risia. I have tested one a little (level 3 or 4) and they are fun. I will probably be making the same monk on Khyber when it goes live as I already have the slot and name reserved. :)

I never expected them to be live for monk week. I read the monk week announcement to be the discussion of monks and then release shortly there after.

DrAwkward
05-27-2008, 09:54 AM

The DMG starts off the Potion section with "A potion is a magic liquid that produces its effect when imbibed." It then goes on to say that magic oils are applied topically.

So you could smash a potion of Cure Moderate upside your head, and you would be covered in magical goop; you'd heal 2d8+3 damage on the monster that eats you. ;)

Steiner-Davion
05-27-2008, 10:08 AM
What about fixing the way Regeneraiton, and Improved Regeneration are applied? Right now when I equip my Wizardy VI Improved REgeneration gloves, I loose the Improved REgeneration effect as soon as I either a) Shrine or b) enter a non-public instance. In other words, Improved Regeneration seems ot be applied like a player cast buff is, ie, it is not persistant like it should be.

As it stand right now, after zoning in or shring I have ot either a) cast a bunch of spells to get my mana pool below the nobus mana from Wizardy VI then re-equip my gloves, or b) re-equip my gloves immediately and loose all my bonus mana form Wizardy VI.

Thrudh
05-27-2008, 11:14 AM
look like the 2 new raids are included in the completion list <snip> which means that they have timers, which means you could basically be cut out of end content for 3 days if you did them all in 1 day, not sure how well thought out this was. Those with multiple chars will be ok, but those with 1 char will have to basically run the the same 5 quests for a few days until they can raid again, or only do 1 raid a day to keep being able to play something.

Heh, so a 2.75-day timer on 8 different raids is not well thought out? I doubt very seriously there are ANY players with only ONE capped character that will be doing 8 raids in 1 day and then will be sitting around pouting because there is "nothing to do"..

Anyone who plays that much will have multiple characters.

Allasar
05-27-2008, 12:01 PM
The Mod 7 preview just posted says June 3 for release date.

DeadlyGazebo
05-27-2008, 12:13 PM
To hit/damage effects for PA and CE? Not sure either.

Those are exactly the things we were thinking of when fixing this. It wasn't a "we need to fix this for monks!" fix, just one of those things that's not very hard to fix and annoyed some of us by being wrong. As others have pointed out, monks aren't generally going to use shields anyway, so it is mostly irrelevant to monk stances.

DeadlyGazebo
05-27-2008, 12:21 PM

If a spell is on both the bard list and the wizard list, you'll get no ASF chance because you'll use it as a bard spell.

If it is not on the bard list, you'll treat it as a wizard spell, and it will have ASF.

If you are a bard 1/ wizard 15 and wearing light armor, it will figure out whether you get better odds using it as a wizard spell and having ASF or as an overlevel bard spell and having a caster level check, and you'll get whichever is nicer to you..

spyyder976
05-27-2008, 12:30 PM

Thanks for stopping!

Massively's Preview says it releases on June 3rd.

ellamonster
05-27-2008, 12:34 PM
So you could smash a potion of Cure Moderate upside your head, and you would be covered in magical goop; you'd heal 2d8+3 damage on the monster that eats you. ;)

:D mmmmmm spicy drow! Must ask what shampoo drow use before eat next one! -- Afterglowing Troll

Akhad_Durn
05-27-2008, 12:35 PM
If a spell is on both the bard list and the wizard list, you'll get no ASF chance because you'll use it as a bard spell.

If it is not on the bard list, you'll treat it as a wizard spell, and it will have ASF.

If you are a bard 1/ wizard 15 and wearing light armor, it will figure out whether you get better odds using it as a wizard spell and having ASF or as an overlevel bard spell and having a caster level check, and you'll get whichever is nicer to you..

Very nice change, I can finally stop giving all the cleric castable scrolls away to my brothers Wizard. :D

Delzon
05-27-2008, 12:50 PM
/sarcasm off

I would say bad horrible rotten decision. I was hoping for once they could keep to the time line since they have said May for months now. I actually expected the last week of May but now June? It's interesting to read this post now 2 days old and most of the posts aren't about the WDA, they are about how Turbine couldn't keep their promise to have a module out in May. And they wonder why the boards are hostle and people don't trust Turbine.

I'm sure the module will be great when it comes out, it's just disappointing because I'm sure they worked so hard on it to have everyone bitter and mad about a new module before it even comes out. It takes away from all the work they did, because it didn't follow through and get out on time.

moorewr
05-27-2008, 12:53 PM
I can wait a week.. considering nothing was ever promised... whatevs..

Aspenor
05-27-2008, 12:58 PM
they are about how Turbine couldn't keep their promise to have a module out in May. And they wonder why the boards are hostle and people don't trust Turbine.

Turbine made no promises. Turbine set a target. These are two completely different things.

moorewr
05-27-2008, 01:00 PM
Actually, if they had intended to release earlier, AoC would have been a great reason to hold off a couple weeks.. make sure all the some of the new had worn off AoC so players would be ready to do something else for a few days.

TommyBoy
05-27-2008, 01:06 PM
Weekly Development ActivitiesCrafting

"Force Damage Ritual" - Your weapon will do 1 point of force damage on each successful hit.
Requires: Your weapon, 3 Luminescent Dusts, and 9 Fragrant Drowshood mushrooms.
"Force Critical Ritual"- Your weapon will do 1d4 points of force damage on each successful critical hit.
Requires: Your weapon, 6 Sparkling Dusts, and 12 Deadly Feverblanch mushrooms.

Does anyone know if these stack and can you do them more then once to the same item? ie +3force or 1d4force 1d4 force or 1d4 force +1force

Samadhi
05-27-2008, 01:07 PM
I bought the hype. 24 hours of gameplay (according to xfire) and I'll never touch that piece of **** again. Maybe in a year or so.

Agreed - preordered and already cancelled - cheesy WoW rip-off with no character individualization

MysticTheurge
05-27-2008, 01:08 PM
Does anyone know if these stack and can you do them more then once to the same item? ie +3force or 1d4force 1d4 force or 1d4 force +1force

Any given item can only have one Eldritch Ritual on it.

As yet, those new rituals seem to only have one tier each.

TommyBoy
05-27-2008, 02:13 PM
Any given item can only have one Eldritch Ritual on it.

As yet, those new rituals seem to only have one tier each.

so basicly those of us that did the admantine one are screwed out of theses thats lame.

Borrigain
05-27-2008, 02:19 PM

Agreed - preordered and already cancelled - cheesy WoW rip-off with no character individualization

Don't worry West, Samadhi's right. Spent the weekend playing it, and it is NO DDO killer. More like WoW on graphical steroids. May keep AoC just to have something else to do when DDO is slow, but no way in hell that grindfest will replace DDO.

Basically, graphics are nice, landscapes are cool, but once the 1st look appeal wears off, it's like.... "god, now I have to trudge thru all this again?"...../sheesh.

Borr.

Josh
05-27-2008, 02:21 PM
just one of those things that's not very hard to fix and annoyed some of us by being wrong.

Kind of like beholders being broke for over two years?

TommyBoy
05-27-2008, 02:22 PM
Kind of like beholders being broke for over two years?

how are they broken?

Josh
05-27-2008, 02:25 PM
how are they broken?

Ask anyone around here. Supress =/= dispel.

MysticTheurge
05-27-2008, 02:44 PM
Ask anyone around here. Supress =/= dispel.

In addition to the whole Antimagic zones only suppress spells rather than dispel them, there's also the issue that Antimagic Zones should:

A) Deactivate magic items.
B) Prevent the use of supernatural or spell-like abilities, including the beholder's own eyebeams.
C) Not allow spells to take effect within their area. (That is, I shouldn't be able to cast Heal on someone in an Antimagic Zone just because I'm standing outside of it.)

Gratch
05-27-2008, 02:46 PM
so basicly those of us that did the admantine one are screwed out of theses thats lame.

At one point I believe the devs noted that each item can have only one ritual on it... but you can replace the current ritual by performing a new one. I plan to keep adamantine ritual on my casters' dragonscale robes. Keeps the repair costs down.

Rilen
05-27-2008, 02:47 PM
Dont think so - If you dig through the forum posts .. you'll find one that says future Eldritch rituals will over-write the last one
applied .. thats not verbatim, but you get the point. Unless something has changed in dev planning, you'll be able
to apply one of the new rituals .. it will just remove your existing Adamantine ritual.

Josh
05-27-2008, 03:04 PM
In addition to the whole Antimagic zones only suppress spells rather than dispel them, there's also the issue that Antimagic Zones should:

A) Deactivate magic items.
B) Prevent the use of supernatural or spell-like abilities, including the beholder's own eyebeams.
C) Not allow spells to take effect within their area. (That is, I shouldn't be able to cast Heal on someone in an Antimagic Zone just because I'm standing outside of it.)

Indeed. Would it not be cool to watch your bad ass weaps turn into masterwork items while inside the antimagic field? I think it would definitely add a good twist to the game rather than simply thinking about your buffs being dispelled.

TommyBoy
05-27-2008, 03:05 PM
ok got that it will over wright, but who would want to eat the cost of the admantine ritual. when you concider the amout of time + resources thats a little hard to swallow. they should make it like one type of each. oh well guess i wont be doing those to my ax. thanks for the info guys; i would have been p***ed to find that out the hard way.

Lorien_the_First_One
05-27-2008, 03:08 PM

Well they did tell you that up front in the very first set of instructions...

Lizardgrad89
05-27-2008, 03:34 PM
Indeed. Would it not be cool to watch your bad ass weaps turn into masterwork items while inside the antimagic field? I think it would definitely add a good twist to the game rather than simply thinking about your buffs being dispelled.

This would make Bard Songs VERY valuable against Beholders, as a good Warchanter's Song of Courage will add +5 to hit/+6 damage at level 8 and doesn't get dispelled. Add Song of Greatness at Level 9 and get +2 more.

Taking the equivalent of a +7 item against the beholder would be satisfactory, IMO.

dragnmoon
05-27-2008, 03:36 PM
This would make Bard Songs VERY valuable against Beholders, as a good Warchanter's Song of Courage will add +5 to hit/+6 damage at level 8 and doesn't get dispelled. Add Song of Greatness at Level 9 and get +2 more.

Taking the equivalent of a +7 item against the beholder would be satisfactory, IMO.

Bard songs are already useful against Beholders :D

MysticTheurge
05-27-2008, 04:36 PM

No. It would make Bard Song useless against Beholders just like any other buffs. Because Bard Song is a supernatural or spell-like ability, depending on the song.

And those don't work in anti-magic zones.

dragnmoon
05-27-2008, 04:41 PM
No. It would make Bard Song useless against Beholders just like any other buffs. Because Bard Song is a supernatural or spell-like ability, depending on the song.

And those don't work in anti-magic zones.

they don't?.... Wow then I have been running it wrong... will have to research that.

Edit: Yup your right... Supernatural abilities, though they can not be dispelled... then do not work in Antimagic..DOH!

shermahawk
05-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Massively's Preview says it releases on June 3rd.

Thanks for that...just saw the preview on Massively. Now I am really excited...beginning of the month is great news.

Thanks for stopping!

P.S. The Massively preview video looks awesome :)

skyking613
05-28-2008, 11:07 AM
Weekly Development Activities
UPDATED The names of some item effects have been changed to avoid confusion with similarly named enhancements. The effects themselves remain the same. "Improved Maximize I", "Improved Enlarge I", "Improved Extend I", "Improved Empower II", and "Improved Empower Healing I" have been renamed to "Efficient Metamagic - Maximize I", "Efficient Metamagic - Enlarge I", "Efficient Metamagic - Extend I", "Efficient Metamagic - Empower II", and "Efficient Metamagic - Empower Healing I".

Am I the only one who saw this, and is this just a typo?

Borror0
05-28-2008, 11:15 AM
Am I the only one who saw this, and is this just a typo?

What's wrong on it? They're changing the named of Improved Extend I on Skiver (http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/jgould2005/DDO/Items/Risia/Skiver.jpg)...

skyking613
05-28-2008, 11:22 AM
Ok, I know this might be a stupid question. But, where is the Improved Extend enhancement. I dont see it listed on any of the list of enhancements. And I dont think I've seen it to take on my Sorc. Is this new?

Edit: Oh ok just say your link to the picture..... Ive got to get me one of those, :)

MysticTheurge
05-28-2008, 12:46 PM
Ok, I know this might be a stupid question. But, where is the Improved Extend enhancement. I dont see it listed on any of the list of enhancements. And I dont think I've seen it to take on my Sorc. Is this new?

It's not an enhancement. It's an enchantment.