PDA

View Full Version : Pls fix 'Mobile Spellcasting'

Wizzly_Bear
05-23-2008, 10:36 AM

el_diablo
05-23-2008, 10:39 AM
I think I tried it out along time ago but you are quite correct, casters need that. If i can shoot my bow moving backwards why cant I cast a spell?

Samadhi
05-23-2008, 10:39 AM
From my testing, it seems to slow you to "normal speed," normal speed being defined as your running speed before boosts from striding, haste, etc. Therefore it's slower than what most of us consider normal, but faster than normal casting-while-moving.

Impaqt
05-23-2008, 10:43 AM
From my testing, it seems to slow you to "normal speed," normal speed being defined as your running speed before boosts from striding, haste, etc. Therefore it's slower than what most of us consider normal, but faster than normal casting-while-moving.

Ding Ding Ding!

Exactly Correct. It allows to you cast at your Base movement speed. No Haste, No striders. Its working as Intended.

Aspenor
05-23-2008, 10:45 AM
Ding Ding Ding!

Exactly Correct. It allows to you cast at your Base movement speed. No Haste, No striders. Its working as Intended.

I would disagree, haste, striding, etc. should count for making you move faster.

I think this should be bug reported.

Impaqt
05-23-2008, 11:01 AM
Feat: Mobile Spellcasting
You are able to move at normal speed when casting a spell.

Normal Speed.. Not Enhanced Speed. Haste and Striding (And speed "Boosts", are NOT "Normal" they are enhancments. the only thing that could be considered "Normal" is Barbarian Speed Icnrease.... If thats not working, then I'd bug report that, but certainly not haste andstriding.

Aspenor
05-23-2008, 11:05 AM

Normal Speed.. Not Enhanced Speed. Haste and Striding (And speed "Boosts", are NOT "Normal" they are enhancments. the only thing that could be considered "Normal" is Barbarian Speed Icnrease.... If thats not working, then I'd bug report that, but certainly not haste andstriding.

I would argue that "normal" speed should take into account enhancements to run speed, since that IS your "normal" run speed while wearing the item/under the influence of the spell. Casting a spell does not suddenly cancel the running enhancements on your person.

Aspenor
05-23-2008, 11:10 AM
agreed, esp since it takes a prereq feat to get mobile sc. however, debate about whether or not a particular speed increase should be allowed is not the issue at hand currently, rather that the feat doesnt even live up to base character speed as per its description.

Bug report it then hehe ;)

Not many people have bothered with MS since "cast on the run except slower" was instituted in DDO. I'm sure it has gone pretty much unnoticed.

That "bugs" thread here is very informal and should not be used as a primary method for reporting bugs. The in-game feature is the fastest, most sure way for the information to make it to the proper channels.

Varr
05-23-2008, 11:15 AM
If you have this feat, strip down naked and run with no buffs forward..........when you cast, your movment instatly gets cut in about half. This is easier to see when doing a solid fog like effect. Per description, you should not notice a hitch in your step of normal forward running.......naked and unboosted. It puts you to a normal walk speed, which is valueless. Everyone just castes while +30 jumping and hasted so no real delay when casting anyway, but for flavor I have twice spent the two feats to have this then respected away from it.

Turial
05-23-2008, 11:16 AM
I would disagree, haste, striding, etc. should count for making you move faster.

I think this should be bug reported.

I've been bug reporting this one ever since they removed improved mobile spell casting which allowed you to move at base speed + buffs. Because they removed tier 2, the tier 1 feat should have gained the functionality of the tier 2. (not that anyone has listened to me so far)

Kistilan
05-23-2008, 11:37 PM

Adjusts his reading glasses, relaxes in his chair and looks at you sprawled out across the couch, describing these "moments" of temporary slowedom....

I see.... coughs So, you said you had a normal childhood, did you? Tell me, define normal. I'm curious, what is an "average" childood to you? Very curious.... Resumes listening, taking notes intently on your disposition and reactions...

:D

PS: Kistilan uses mobile spellcasting -- has for the last year. It's definitely slower than anticipated. I move faster than when casting without it, but I do slow down from my strider & hastened speeds. I would recommend recoding this because if I was a 1 Barbarian 15 Wizard then my normal speed would be Base Speed +10% or whatever the bonus is. Slowing down to a strict Base Speed makes no sense -- it should be the "normal speed" of movement at the time and condition of said caster.

Nymie_the_Pooh
05-24-2008, 01:18 AM
My drow wizard has this and slows down when casting with no buffs. It seems to drop her to walking speed as opposed to her base running speed. The drop in speed is quite noticeable and is not worth two feats in my opinion, but I am too cheap to use my free shards to swap it out right now. :p

parvo
05-27-2008, 08:02 AM
Ding Ding Ding!

Lots of things can be described as working as intended. However, lots of things were given little thought to begin with. Mobil spellcasting costs two feats, the first of which does little. Mobil Spellcasting should not slow the caster down.

moorewr
05-27-2008, 09:05 AM
While we're on the subject, does anyone use Combat Casting? In PnP it is fantastic since it prevents attacks of opportunity.. here, not so much. Real-time means no attacks of opportunity and no touch AC.

My cleric uses Quicken, but my sorcerer moves so fast while casting I've never taken any feat to speed it, and never missed it.

Missing_Minds
05-27-2008, 09:35 AM
Ding Ding Ding!

Obvoiusly you've not used it then.

It slows you to 75% base speed.
Normal casting slows you to 50% base speed.

It is NOT working as described and I gave up bug reporting this back when they implemented the current form of it.

10 reports and nada.. meh.

Delar303
08-18-2010, 09:34 AM
Any updates to mobile spellcasting feat? Is it worth taking or should I not bother for my Favored Soul blade barrier kiting?