PDA

View Full Version : Aoc

mrtreats
05-20-2008, 06:29 PM
ok i played the game in Beta and now im alowed to talk and i must say i feal sorry for anyone who left DDO for AOC because DDO is WAY better this is more of a compliment to the Turbine staff than an insult to AOC and there are alot of reasons why DDO is better but i just want to thank Turbine for making DDO the best MMO i have played.

jmonty
05-20-2008, 09:34 PM
no one believes you; stop sucking up. ;)

Uska
05-20-2008, 11:27 PM
no one believes you; stop sucking up. ;)

Wrong I have been saying this for a long time AoC bites DDO may not be perfect but its the best mmo out there as far as I am concerned, the only game I like near as much was pre-nge swg and of course pre-cu swg. Only thing I didnt like about swg was it wasnt really 3d you couldnt fall off a cliff and jump was really just an emote. AS to your quote see how many jedi couild really claim that after meeting my bounty hunter or even better yet my old Guild DEATH FROM ABOVE:D

Stormanne
05-20-2008, 11:34 PM
The premise of AoC is interesting. Unfortunately, from what I've seen ( from demo videos ) it is all about the graphics. It is a beautiful game, but the combat progression is slow and leveling is the quintessential grind. Looks to be very solo oriented which is the opposite what an MMO is supposed to be (at least to me). There will be those that love it, there will be those the come running back, and there will be those that hold both AoC and DDO accounts at the same time. To those that leave and don't come back, good luck. To those that leave and come back, nah nah, we told you so...j/k. To those that keep DDO and keep playing AoC, god, share the wealth man...

query
05-20-2008, 11:59 PM
AOC=Another Online Cra...err let's say crudfest.

WOW, pretty graphics, a lot of soloing and no good gameplay (pun indended.)

And what was that game left because when I acheived high levels I HAD to do PVP?...oh yeah, DAOC.

So flock to the new and shiny, but after unwrapping it, see it's just a polished....I can't type it here, but it does rhyme with bird.

InfidelofHaLL
05-21-2008, 12:13 AM
The premise of AoC is interesting. Unfortunately, from what I've seen ( from demo videos ) it is all about the graphics. It is a beautiful game, but the combat progression is slow and leveling is the quintessential grind. Looks to be very solo oriented which is the opposite what an MMO is supposed to be (at least to me). There will be those that love it, there will be those the come running back, and there will be those that hold both AoC and DDO accounts at the same time. To those that leave and don't come back, good luck. To those that leave and come back, nah nah, we told you so...j/k. To those that keep DDO and keep playing AoC, god, share the wealth man...

I am playing both cuz i enjoy both they are a nice compliment for each other IMO

Uska
05-21-2008, 12:21 AM
This belongs in off topic not ddo general

query
05-21-2008, 06:31 AM
This belongs in off topic not ddo general

and once AGAIN I am TRICKED into posting in off topic...NOOOOOOOOO!

Wait...does it count (besides this post of course) if it was in general first?

JacknCoke
05-21-2008, 08:29 AM
DDO may not be perfect but its the best mmo out there as far as I am concerned, the only game I like near as much was pre-nge swg and of course pre-cu swg.

!!!
X1bizilizaonezikelz!!!!

I was just talking about SWG last night. I miss what that game use to be! *sigh*

jmonty
05-21-2008, 11:23 AM
Wrong I have been saying this for a long time AoC bites DDO may not be perfect but its the best mmo out there as far as I am concerned, the only game I like near as much was pre-nge swg and of course pre-cu swg. Only thing I didnt like about swg was it wasnt really 3d you couldnt fall off a cliff and jump was really just an emote. AS to your quote see how many jedi couild really claim that after meeting my bounty hunter or even better yet my old Guild DEATH FROM ABOVE:D

bah, those were just pretend jedi masters. (i never did have time to unlock jedi due to deployments. :mad: ) i agree, i loved SWG.. if i could get it to download i'd play just for the space game but i have tried too many times with no luck.

the leveling progression in AoC reminds me of the old SWG skill point system, but i don't think you can multiclass. and i've only seen the online feat builder since my copy is due to arrive this morning.

DragonKiller
05-21-2008, 06:50 PM
I too have been playing over at AoC. It's a really fun game so far, and I'm enjoying it. Good graphics, like the cut scenes, etc.. Funcom did a good job on it, and I think the launch was over all pretty smooth.

HOWEVER... It will not be replacing DDO. It will likely fill in when I'm bored (like right now) with DDO, but it's not a replacement. DDO has kept my wife and I here for over 2 yrs now, AoC will keep me their likely 6 months to a 1 year. Just don't see me keeping interested in it that long.

But, it appears that AoC will be taking large chunks of people from WoW. Poor Blizzard... LOL

Dungnmaster001
05-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Ok AOC just went up yesterday and they pulled it down today its been down over 5 hours so Turbine aint the only one with that problem :) 2 hours downtime turned into 5 love it.

Little bug i found on my first day of live :)

You might want to remove the pic before someone complains, AoC might have an M rating, but DDO doesn't and children do browse the forums from time to time.

captain1z
05-21-2008, 06:59 PM
posting of boobage while appreciated by the XY's is a no no.

:)

Uska
05-22-2008, 12:34 AM
You might want to remove the pic before someone complains, AoC might have an M rating, but DDO doesn't and children do browse the forums from time to time.

Oooh your right hadnt really noticed until you said something the op better take it down or some one will get upset over those pixels

Kistilan
05-22-2008, 03:05 PM
That's a GREAT picture, however, it should get taken down.

I'll have to go check that location out when I log in later and see if it's still "bugged." *L*

Shaamis
05-30-2008, 12:38 PM
I am playing both cuz i enjoy both they are a nice compliment for each other IMO

Hey Infidel!

I saw TA guild tags running around Derketo the other day, good to see you!

As for AoC, I am enjoying it right now, it is interesting to play, plenty to do, and enjoying the fatalities that come with using a greatsword or two pictish axes :P

the loot is definately not uber, but they said it would be like that so no prob there.

I have tried to come back to play DDO after being on AoC for a while, and it is ho-hum, check LFM, check d-mail, say hi to a friends or two still playing, look at my friends list with no one on, and then I log off.

I know monks are on Risia, and I will have a solid 5 days to play a monk before my sub dies, so we'll see.....

Sabotage
05-30-2008, 12:42 PM
Having lots of fun in AoC as well, just got a new vid card and it runs like a dream. Plenty to do there. :)

jmonty
05-30-2008, 09:52 PM
my main beef with AoC is the performance BS. i get 60-100+ fps on ddo on 1920x1200 res but only 25-35 wiith AoC.