PDA

View Full Version : WDA this week?

Yaga_Nub
05-19-2008, 07:57 AM
Are we getting a WDA this week?

Maybe even a First First Look? :)

Gol
05-19-2008, 08:03 AM
I sure hope so, but I'm not counting on it. Releasing mod 7 in time for a holiday weekend might make too much sense.

ThrasherGT
05-19-2008, 08:10 AM
Please, Sir, May We Have Another (Mod)?;)

PhoenixFire31
05-19-2008, 08:13 AM
Are we getting a WDA this week?

Maybe even a First First Look? :)

Getting impatient are we hun? :D

But here's hoping Q has some info this week....:)

thatguy
05-19-2008, 08:23 AM
Getting impatient are we hun? :D

But here's hoping Q has some info this week....:)

I really wish they would tell us something, this media blackout they have is not in my mind helping anything. Even if they spoon fed us some info it would build excitement for the release of the upcoming mod. But they are choosing to tell us nothing which they somehow think is helpful or constructive. Baffling.

Memnir
05-19-2008, 09:02 AM
I'd wager that the three weeks of no-news we've had is supposed to build up our anticipation for Monk Week.

It hasn't.

Illuminati
05-19-2008, 09:13 AM
I would welcome some cool surprise (Half Orcs FTW!) if we are in blackout land.

That, and allow ZERO raid testing on Risia so we can actually enjoy it on live for a few weeks before it tromped. In other games, devs have testers test just the mobs, etc. so the raid itself can be preserved.

Gol
05-19-2008, 09:50 AM
I would welcome some cool surprise (Half Orcs FTW!) if we are in blackout land.

That, and allow ZERO raid testing on Risia so we can actually enjoy it on live for a few weeks before it tromped. In other games, devs have testers test just the mobs, etc. so the raid itself can be preserved.
This hinges on them getting the raid right on the first try, though. I think tempest is the only raid released without multiple highly exploitative or raid-breaking bugs, so I'm not convinced this is a good idea yet.

Borror0
05-19-2008, 09:52 AM
That, and allow ZERO raid testing on Risia so we can actually enjoy it on live for a few weeks before it tromped.

Which reminds me of... weren't we supposed to get monks "in a few weeks"... over a month ago?

I guess another Kate Paiz mistake? Surprise!!:rolleyes:

Vorn
05-19-2008, 09:54 AM
This hinges on them getting the raid right on the first try, though. I think tempest is the only raid released without multiple highly exploitative or raid-breaking bugs, so I'm not convinced this is a good idea yet.

I seem to recall, back in the day, that there was a way to do Tempest Spine in a few minutes by skipping directly to the end fight....
:)

Darkwolf
05-19-2008, 09:55 AM
Which reminds me of... weren't we supposed to get monks "in a few weeks"... over a month ago?

I guess another Kate Paiz mistake? Surprise!!:rolleyes:

5, 6... 7 weeks. That's 'a few'. What's the problem?

:p

Borror0
05-19-2008, 09:56 AM
I seem to recall, back in the day, that there was a way to do Tempest Spine in a few minutes by skipping directly to the end fight...

And then you would PK Sorjek, right?

Borror0
05-19-2008, 09:57 AM
5, 6... 7 weeks. That's 'a few'. What's the problem?

I can't count further than 4... :(

Lorien_the_First_One
05-19-2008, 09:59 AM
I'll bet you "monk week" is a week long "first look" next week so expect not much today and expect a June mod.

Gol
05-19-2008, 10:05 AM
I seem to recall, back in the day, that there was a way to do Tempest Spine in a few minutes by skipping directly to the end fight....
:)
Ok, so they're 0/7? I think my point is valid.

However, in defense of those not wanting to see it on Risia, it's not like finding a highly exploitative or raid-breaking bug on Risia would get it fixed before it went live, though, so I guess I don't really care anyway.

darthmaul121783
05-19-2008, 10:06 AM
i'm thinking monday of next week starts the first look and like friday maybe the'll push the update

Darkwolf
05-19-2008, 10:15 AM
I can't count further than 4... :(

Well then, it's only 4 weeks away. That's great news. :D

Borror0
05-19-2008, 10:29 AM
Lol, while searching to try to find where Kate said they'd relase monk on Risia soon I found this pic:

http://www.massively.com/media/2008/03/monk900.jpg

Hambo
05-19-2008, 11:45 AM
If the schedule hasn't been pushed back at all I would expect the Mod to go live in the middle of "Monk Week", probably on Wed. the 28th. I don't think the 29th would be a bright idea, since that would mean Turbine having a substantial on-site presence over the weekend in case something "Vast and Mysterious(tm)" happens to the servers. :D

Just my 2cp.