PDA

View Full Version : Tier II Ranger Enhancements

WeiQuinn
05-13-2008, 12:53 PM
I've brought this up in other threads, but I figured I'd get it out in the open by itself. With the upcoming Rogue tier II enhancements coming in at level 12, and no confirmation yet as to when the tier II Ranger enhancements are coming lets speculate...

A long time ago, one of the devs mentioned possibly level 15 for Tempest II to gain "free" access to Superior Two Weapon Fighting.

Recently it was mentioned that Superior Two Weapon Fighting was being dropped and Tempest II is on the back burner.

I feel that since Tempest II is no longer tied to a level 15 feat, that it should be a level 12 enhancement, along with Deepwood Sniper II. Arcane Archer has its own little system going and should be left as is.

What are your thoughts?

creithne
05-13-2008, 02:17 PM
My thoughts are that until all classes have at least one tier 1 Prestige Enhancement, that they shouldn't be putting a lot of time into tier 2...

DasLurch
05-13-2008, 03:17 PM
My thoughts are that until all classes have at least one tier 1 Prestige Enhancement, that they shouldn't be putting a lot of time into tier 2...

Aggreed. The thing about sup 2wf is that it is intended to be a level 17 or 18 feat. As they stand right now, rangers are pretty great. No real problems in the build. The spells work, the enhancements are put in perfectly (just my opinion here), and they are a durable class that can generally take care of themselves. It would be nice to see some new stuff in the ranger class, as it would in any class, I have to admit that it seems to be someone else's turn here. Fighters need some new feats, clerics really need their domains, caster classes need some new spells (*couchcoughBARDcoughcough), and rogues and paladins are still not quite where they need to be. I'm not sure when these all should be looked at again (my guess is the next level bump), but for right now, rangers and barbarians are pretty much set for lvel 16. And so that I am clear, I consider having a class that is working very well at the current end game a good thing.

debo
05-13-2008, 03:55 PM
haha yea. Can other classes get Tier 1 before you get a tier 2 !??!

WeiQuinn
05-13-2008, 07:42 PM
haha yea. Can other classes get Tier 1 before you get a tier 2 !??!

You know, that's a very good point... I didn't mean to be greedy, after all, the devs mentioned implementing it sooner rather than later (until they shelved it).

I wouldn't mind seeing some of the existing enhancements be opened to other classes, rather than be class specific. If a Fighter were to spend his feats on the Spring Attack chain and Improved Two Weapon Fighting, he should be allowed to take Tempest I, for example.

I'm not sure how they would work the enhancements that require Class specific enhancements as I don't know all whats involved to qualify for the Bard or Rogue enhancements since I only have them as splashes in my Rangers. They could tie them to skill points rather than enhancements, but then everyone would require a Skill Point Respec which is a whole other can of worms.