PDA

View Full Version : Devs are useless......

dragonruler
05-11-2008, 05:23 PM
I put in a ticket two days ago requesting assistant from the devs because the black scale forger took my scales without me choosing an armor...I told the devs that this happened and that i wanted my scales back..I get a gm who was a complete a**hole to me...then today i get senior gm who tells me the same thing and was just as much an a**hole to me too....Now from a person who does not get dragon armor that often i do not know what every armor gives and so when i found out that the armor i wanted wasnt what i needed i decided to try and trade em when it came to my knowledge i didnt have them...so i politely asked teh devs to give me the scales back and tehy refuse..then the gm during conversation closes the ticket and ignores the tells im sending him...I am utterly frustrated with the devs and feel that you had better do something to make up for this bs that i have experienced with you!!! I expect to get my scales back after the disrespectful actions that i experienced from the devs!!!

flatlyne2001
05-11-2008, 05:36 PM
Devs are just that "Developers" they are not Customer Support the GM's are.

Have a problem with the GM's you need to take it to Customer support.

And as for replacing items like that you are probably out of luck since they probably do not have a way of tracking that you turned in scales.

MageLL
05-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Dev is short for developer. While a Developer can be a GM, all GM's are not developers.

I read your run-on sentance I still don't know what happened to your scales. Most games adopt a policy that is, they will not replace lost items due to bugs. While this maybe frustrating to you, it prevents people from claiming there is a problem when there isn't. As they are just trying to get free stuff. If you explained the problem anything like you did here, I doubt I would have been able to help you either.

Falco_Easts
05-11-2008, 05:57 PM
From what I can gather, you talked to the bloke and gave him your scales and then had a look at his shop? If you do not choose anything, you still lose your scales. Bad design I know but that's the way it is.

Dimicron
05-11-2008, 08:03 PM
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=121279&highlight=dragon+scales

This post on the forums may help you avoid this accident in the future, all static loot/rares/raid loot/etc is here.

dragonruler
05-11-2008, 10:18 PM
sry for the mt i meant gm's....devs i apologize....

dragonruler
05-11-2008, 10:28 PM
oh and i typed that message in anger so yea im sure you werent able to read it properly....in short terms it said that i went to get the black dragon docent under teh impression that it gave teh sp boost like the robe does. When i saw that it didnt i decided that i didnt want the black so i was gonna try and trade them for blue scales with another char. I found out that i no longer had my black scales. I thought it was a bug because i thought that since i didnt actually have the armor that i should still have the scales. I sent in a report about this. I get a GM not dev...again sorry about that devs :/....and the person who answered me was not the kindest person about it when telling me that i could not get my scales back. I asked him/her to let me talk to a senior gm and wound up having to wait about two days for one to respond. then it turns out that under the circumstance that i had no idea that this would happen he refused to help me with my issue. I know someone, whom shall not be mentioned, was given his/her scales back because he/she also did not know about this circumstance. What ticked me off the most was that the senior i was in contact with not only gave me a hard time but closed the ticket and completely ignored me afterwards without my knowledge of him/her having done this. I feel that due to these circumstances i should be compensated for this disrespectful act because that is how you lose players due to lack of caring for the people who help you keep your game running.