PDA

View Full Version : Dwarven Axe Proficiency not given?

uncus2
05-07-2008, 08:33 AM
Sorry if this has been brought up before - I searched the forum and got no hits.

Why doesn't my Dwarven Rogue/Cleric get Dwarven Axe Proficiency? On character creation, it says I have it, but in game - nope.:mad:

bigj1608
05-07-2008, 08:45 AM
you have to have martial proficiency, such as a longsword or battleaxe

binnsr
05-07-2008, 08:45 AM
Sorry if this has been brought up before - I searched the forum and got no hits.

Why doesn't my Dwarven Rogue/Cleric get Dwarven Axe Proficiency? On character creation, it says I have it, but in game - nope.:mad:

Dwarves get dwarven axe as a Martial Weapon Proficiency .. those two classes don't get all martial weapons, so you won't get dwarven axes without splashing in one of the 'main' melee classes - fighter, barbarian, paladin, ranger.

uncus2
05-07-2008, 10:05 AM
And yet elves get longswords and longbows automatically?! Rasemfrackem grumble, grumble

Thanks for the replies!

wolfy42
05-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Well it's kinda an upgrade basically.

Elves get auto longsword/longbow but that is worthless for melee types that already get it.

Dwarves get dwarven axes but that is worthless for characters without martial weapons.

binnsr
05-07-2008, 10:36 PM
Well it's kinda an upgrade basically.

Elves get auto longsword/longbow but that is worthless for melee types that already get it.

Dwarves get dwarven axes but that is worthless for characters without martial weapons.

It kind of works that way ... it moves the weapon down one category ... i.e. the daxe from exotic to martial and the longbow/longsword from martial to simple

Aeneas
02-02-2009, 02:51 AM
3/4 BAB classes with some martial proficiencies really probably should get d-axe proficiency.