PDA

View Full Version : DR - Not Just for Tanks.

Ghoste
05-01-2008, 11:05 PM
Put together a little vid showing the value of understanding and using DR on a caster.

Here's the video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugYSgIgXAbo), which was done in Shadow Crypt on elite.

Here's the numbers:
+15 active DR (8 BaB and actively blocking with a +5 steel tower shield)
+10 stoneskin passive DR
----------------------------
25 DR

or

+15
+20 defiance
----------------------------
35 DR

If I can get the shield out of the Reaver, that will put me up another 2 points. Using either a divine power clicky or a scroll of tenser's puts me up another 4. A titanic docent would let me hit another 10 above that once per rest. That's a max possible DR of 51 for a character that has nothing at all in its build to improve DR. Just equipment and spells. And doing 200-400 damage to multiple enemies at the same time!

Mhykke
05-04-2008, 04:30 PM
That's good stuff. Might have to dust off the madstone shield and give it a go....

Ghoste
05-04-2008, 04:35 PM
Woot! Got me a titanic docent last night. Gotta love being the only warforged in the party during a titan run.

alchilito
05-05-2008, 06:15 PM
Woot! Got me a titanic docent last night. Gotta love being the only warforged in the party during a titan run.

I was there, but in fleshling form ;)

Twerpp
05-05-2008, 07:25 PM
Defiance rocks, but sometimes it takes a tanks amount of HP to actually proc. Nice when it does though.

Ghoste
05-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Defiance rocks, but sometimes it takes a tanks amount of HP to actually proc. Nice when it does though.
If you've got your regular DR already going, it wont be a big deal. Depends on the monster hitting you too, of course.