PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Crypt Walkthrough

Ghoste
05-01-2008, 06:42 PM
The pictures below show the 4 instances of The Shadow Crypt. The paths listed below include getting the 4 extra gears (1 extra for each color) for the extra chest at the end.

This walkthrough does not include details on HOW to fight the monsters in the quest, just where to go.

Split party into two groups. One will follow the blue path, one will follow the red path.

Blue group always begins by going East. 50% of the time, Red will know where to go from Blue's description of which room they eneded up in. But for instances 3 and 4, East results in the same room for Blue. In that case, Red should go South. If they end up in the yellow attic, good, follow instance 3, if not, D-door to start and follow instance 4.

The letters in parentheses next to "Main Room" of each respective instance represent directions to follow in order from the main room to reach the lever room. The red and blue paths should lead you there anyway, but should you get lost and confused, you can go back to the start and meet the group there.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t98/schindianajones/ShadowCrypt1.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t98/schindianajones/ShadowCrypt2.jpg

Feedback appreciated, especially on suggested paths that are shorter.

Thanks to all who have posted the various instance paths on these forums.

Lithic
05-07-2008, 10:25 PM
Found a problem in map instance #1
Blue Path:
Going from green attic to green maze (via east) brought us to a part of the green maze which could not access the north exit. We only had the choice of west or south (and the gear was in the part we couldnt get to, but I figure thats random anyway).

Ghoste
05-08-2008, 12:56 AM
I don't think that is random. I believe my maps still needs some corrections and checking for issues with the coming into the wrong side of the maze.

Lithic
05-08-2008, 01:15 AM
I thought for sure the chests were random, but that could just be them changing around in the different instances.

Anyway, if it helps we got to the gear in the green maze by going through the yellow water.

esoitl
05-08-2008, 01:37 AM
hmmmm

will be interesting to try this out and experiment a little more

BelVic
05-09-2008, 12:39 AM
They seems to fix water rooms before mod 7 came alive ( may be last few updates). Me , Ghoste and couple other casters ran to random directions till you got 12 pieces. Then you go back to start. Find what instance you have and where is lever room. Go finish vampire and his undead army and loot the chest for named items. On normal our record was about 10 or 11 minutes with lvl 15-16. Still waiting for Phase Hammer ( seen 3 times only for last 40 runs... and it always went to ppl who never ran this quest before :) )

Potvin
05-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Ummm newbie question - how do you get the shadow crypt quest?

The herald won't give it to me :confused::confused:

Quijonsith
05-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Did you really just necro a 2 year old thread for that? Ok, I'll bite:

You have to do the 4 flagging quests of the necro 2 adventure pack to get access to the shadow crypt. Further information can be found on google or the ddo wiki.

MrCow
05-03-2010, 04:44 PM
how do you get the shadow crypt quest?

Finish the following quests (without retaking the quests from the quest givers):

Tomb of the Shadow King
Tomb of the Shadow Guard
Tomb of the Shadow Knight
Tomb of the Shadow Lord

Then speak to The Herald to get The Shadow Crypt.

Potvin
05-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Did you really just necro a 2 year old thread for that? Ok, I'll bite:

You have to do the 4 flagging quests of the necro 2 adventure pack to get access to the shadow crypt. Further information can be found on google or the ddo wiki.

Sorry, I just did a google search and picked one of the threads.

Potvin
05-03-2010, 04:45 PM
Finish the following quests (without retaking the quests from the quest givers):

Tomb of the Shadow King
Tomb of the Shadow Guard
Tomb of the Shadow Knight
Tomb of the Shadow Lord

Then speak to The Herald to get The Shadow Crypt.

Thank you sir.