PDA

View Full Version : LOTRO Account problem

lostinjapan
05-01-2008, 03:06 AM
Yes, I know this is the DDO forum, however I need help and this seems to be the only place to go.

I cannot call customer service at a reasonable cost or at a reasonable time because I live in Japan (US Military).

I cannot post on the LoTRO forums because you must have an active account to do so.

I have sent off 2 help tickets to LoTRO Account Management in the past week and have received nothing but the automated replies.

My problem is this. I have 2 active DDO accounts. I have a trial subscription to LoTRO which expired last November. I have been attempting for a week now to purchase a key (download version of the game) through Turbine's website so I can re-activate my LoTRO account. Although I purchased my DDO accounts this way, something has changed because it will not let me purchase the game. I get the following error message:

"We are unable to process your order. Please verify your information and try again."

All of my information is correct. I've even tried using a different credit card than the one that is on file and am still getting the same error message.

How can I get support for this? How do I fix the problem?

Yeti
05-01-2008, 09:20 AM
If you wish to provide me with the ticket numbers of the inquiries you submitted, I can certainly check on their status for you. Unfortunately, you do need to speak to them directly in order to resolve this issue. But I can make sure that the emails you submitted are in the correct place and verify that they have not already been responded too.

lostinjapan
05-01-2008, 09:45 AM
Thank you for checking Yeti, it is highly appreciated to get a response.

The tickets are 125910 & 127408, respectively.

lostinjapan
05-01-2008, 07:47 PM
If you wish to provide me with the ticket numbers of the inquiries you submitted, I can certainly check on their status for you. Unfortunately, you do need to speak to them directly in order to resolve this issue. But I can make sure that the emails you submitted are in the correct place and verify that they have not already been responded too.

I just want to give you a sincere kudos. After waiting a week for a response, I got a response within a short and reasonable time after you posted here. Thank you very much for checking into this for me.

While it wasn't the response I cared to get (they want me to call :groan: ... from Japan .... :groan: ), at least it was a response...which makes ALL the difference in the world.

Thank you again Yeti.

Yeti
05-02-2008, 11:21 AM
Meep! I forgot to post an update for you!

Glad to hear they were able to respond and at least give you an answer (even if it wasn't the answer you wanted).

TheMandarin
05-09-2009, 07:39 AM
Yes, I know this is the DDO forum, however I need help and this seems to be the only place to go.

I cannot call customer service at a reasonable cost or at a reasonable time because I live in Japan (US Military).

I cannot post on the LoTRO forums because you must have an active account to do so.

I have sent off 2 help tickets to LoTRO Account Management in the past week and have received nothing but the automated replies.

My problem is this. I have 2 active DDO accounts. I have a trial subscription to LoTRO which expired last November. I have been attempting for a week now to purchase a key (download version of the game) through Turbine's website so I can re-activate my LoTRO account. Although I purchased my DDO accounts this way, something has changed because it will not let me purchase the game. I get the following error message:

"We are unable to process your order. Please verify your information and try again."

All of my information is correct. I've even tried using a different credit card than the one that is on file and am still getting the same error message.

How can I get support for this? How do I fix the problem?

A friend of mine is having the same issue when trying to buy DDO: Stormreach. He downloaded and installed the trial version and now that the trial has expired, he's trying to buy the game from http://store.turbine.com to keep playing but after filling out all the requested details and submitting them, he receives the message "We are unable to process your order. Please verify your information and try again."

Does anyone have any idea on what's going wrong here?

Cheers

Victorie
05-11-2009, 11:35 AM
There's a couple of things that can cause that sort of error message. If you had an error number, I might be able to get a more specific answer for you, but it could be any of the following:

Your friend's credit card information that he is trying to enter doesn't match the information the credit card company has for online purchase verification. (This is important, because the billing/mailing address can be different.)

Your friend's IP address is not registering, or is registering as being too far away from the address on file with the credit card company.

He's in a country that doesn't automatically receive access to the digital purchase.

There are two things that he can try to fix these issues. He can try buying from the Turbine store, as it is run by a different company and may have different verification procedures. Or he can call the Account Management department and have them try to add his card. This will fix the last two problems, and will give more specific information about the first.