PDA

View Full Version : Risia...

Vinne
04-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Is there anyway of making Risia perma 2 times the xp? just so there wouldn't be such a grind to test stuff before it comes out on the real server

Talked to a few people in game and they highly agreed. I dont see the harm, would take less time to test the stuff and i dont see anyone actually playing on Risia full time so would only be used to test things faster...

Rameses
04-29-2008, 12:30 PM
I agree 100%.
My only issue about Risia is that players spend more time keeping track of bugs rather than reporting them while in testing.

Spectralist
04-29-2008, 12:55 PM
I'd like to see it brought higher then 2x. 5 or 10x would be best. At the very least a nice boost once monks get there so we can test them at all levels quickly.

Falconen
04-29-2008, 01:34 PM
First time posting here even though I have been with the game for over a year (off and on).

I tried the 10x exp when the Risia server first became available to the open public (many moons ago). The issue I had with 10x exp is that it is too much, too soon. If you are starting a new character with no items or cash to passed down, you will quickly outgrow any equpiment that you find by standard adventuring. Level 8 characters (you reached that by the finish of the WW after doing all the other starter quests) using +1 weapons and armour doesnt cut it in in this game if you want to actually be effective at adventures of equivalent level. Casters aren't as effected (and Monks wont be either), other than low cash for purchasing new spell scrolls and inscrption materials. This was before you could bribe the guy in the Harbor to get into the Marketplace. That was what I encountered. Turbine did come into the boards and say that they would bring in the occasional GM to hand out goodies to people through out the weekend, so that it wasn't an issue, but it was never followed through with.

2 or 3 times exp would be a better trade off with maybe a permanent +1 chest loot for level 10 or lower quests. If no +1 chest loot, maybe they could just increase the cash drops in the chest and then the GMs could place items, at reasonable prices on the AH, or fill the various Brokers with items for people to purchase.

ChildrenofBodom
04-29-2008, 02:42 PM
Agreed, faster levels makes for better testing.

ArkoHighStar
04-29-2008, 02:48 PM
First time posting here even though I have been with the game for over a year (off and on).

I tried the 10x exp when the Risia server first became available to the open public (many moons ago). The issue I had with 10x exp is that it is too much, too soon. If you are starting a new character with no items or cash to passed down, you will quickly outgrow any equpiment that you find by standard adventuring. Level 8 characters (you reached that by the finish of the WW after doing all the other starter quests) using +1 weapons and armour doesnt cut it in in this game if you want to actually be effective at adventures of equivalent level. Casters aren't as effected (and Monks wont be either), other than low cash for purchasing new spell scrolls and inscrption materials. This was before you could bribe the guy in the Harbor to get into the Marketplace. That was what I encountered. Turbine did come into the boards and say that they would bring in the occasional GM to hand out goodies to people through out the weekend, so that it wasn't an issue, but it was never followed through with.

2 or 3 times exp would be a better trade off with maybe a permanent +1 chest loot for level 10 or lower quests. If no +1 chest loot, maybe they could just increase the cash drops in the chest and then the GMs could place items, at reasonable prices on the AH, or fill the various Brokers with items for people to purchase.

there is a solution to this you simply don't have to level before you are ready, you can bank a whole level before you get xp capped so to speak