PDA

View Full Version : The Lag Is Making Ddo Unplayable!

ThrasherGT
04-24-2008, 09:48 PM
OK, this is not funny anymore, this is just stupid. The LAG is at an all time high, and it is server-wide. If this doesn't get fixed right away, I will no longer be able to play My favorite game of all time! Everything was fine before the patch, so I have to ask, *** did You do to the servers? PLEASE FIX THIS NOW! THE GAME IS UNPLAYABLE!

The_Ick
04-24-2008, 09:59 PM
OK, this is not funny anymore, this is just stupid. The LAG is at an all time high, and it is server-wide. If this doesn't get fixed right away, I will no longer be able to play My favorite game of all time! Everything was fine before the patch, so I have to ask, *** did You do to the servers? PLEASE FIX THIS NOW! THE GAME IS UNPLAYABLE!

It is pretty bad. Almost loot weekend bad.

We almost wiped a full 12 man group on part 2 of the Shroud because no one could move. Clerics couldn't heal, casters couldn't cast and no one could move... Just sat there and got hit with fireball after fireball from the Fire ele...

It is getting a little out of hand...

MrCow
04-24-2008, 10:12 PM
Lag is indeed out and about in group settings. Here would be an interesting picture to help show some lag:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/Ukenburger/Forum/ScreenShot00505.jpg

Notice where I am being healed from the Blessing of the Silver Flame for 16 and 24 spell points... that only happens during lag situations like now. :p

I've also had instances where the combat log has said my cloudkill hit for 15 points of CON damage... due to lag.

stockwizard5
04-24-2008, 10:21 PM
Yup - Thelanis is 10-7 for All Intents.

Xalted_Vol
04-24-2008, 11:19 PM
It will be fixed.

Elsbet
04-25-2008, 05:45 AM
The lag last night was probably the worst I've seen. In the first part of the Titan raid, I was running, then froze. Next thing I know, I'm in a room I know I had entered and was being thumped by a bunch of ogres. Thank goodness for a great cleric or I'd have been an ogre's late night snack.

jbrownos
04-25-2008, 12:54 PM
I'm curious if you guys have lag only at specific times or if it always occurs. I'm on Sarlona, and I almost never get lag except during zone loading or for accessing brokers. Although it's noteworthy that I have a Quad-Core CPU, new high-end graphics card, 4 GB DDR1000, and an 8Mb/s cable line (on the east coast) that gets under 50ms latency in DDO. But I tend to solo a lot, and don't raid much. So I'm just wondering is it mainly during raids, or do you get it elsewhere? I can pretty much attest to the fact that it is at least POSSIBLE for a player to not have any lag under ideal conditions.

I don't mean to imply you're wrong or exaggerating, as I'm sure you really are getting lag. I'm just wondering if there's something other than the servers themselves that might be causing it.

Impaqt
04-25-2008, 01:02 PM
I'm curious if you guys have lag only at specific times or if it always occurs. I'm on Sarlona, and I almost never get lag except during zone loading or for accessing brokers. Although it's noteworthy that I have a Quad-Core CPU, new high-end graphics card, 4 GB DDR1000, and an 8Mb/s cable line (on the east coast) that gets under 50ms latency in DDO. But I tend to solo a lot, and don't raid much. So I'm just wondering is it mainly during raids, or do you get it elsewhere? I can pretty much attest to the fact that it is at least POSSIBLE for a player to not have any lag under ideal conditions.

I don't mean to imply you're wrong or exaggerating, as I'm sure you really are getting lag. I'm just wondering if there's something other than the servers themselves that might be causing it.

Yes, you have an Uber machine..... TOo bad DDO is a Single Thread Application so you could have 30 COres and see no diference.

THis is Server Lag we are experienceing... Thelanis was Horrible last night theres a serious memory leak somewhere for sure

FoxOne
04-25-2008, 01:05 PM
whatever edited

DagazUlf
04-25-2008, 01:07 PM
In some areas he lag last night was nearly as bad as the lag during the Great Tent Destruction. And no, I'm not exaggerating.

Keep submitting bug reports about it guys. There's a link right at the top of these forum pages. ;)

Impaqt
04-25-2008, 01:13 PM
Hopefully, the Devs/Community team is so quiet because they are busy trying to figure out what they broke now.

Of course, I didnt think Tolero and Quarion were coders.....

DasLurch
04-25-2008, 01:18 PM
Are all of the servers like this? I see lots of comments about Thelanis, but not many on the other ones. Just curious. I haven't been able to log in to the game since Tues because of work.

Pellegro
04-25-2008, 01:18 PM
Its been really quiet on the DEV side for a few weeks now ...

As for the lag, it was awful last night. Oh, and its definitely server side - I've got 4GB 1000MHz Memory myself, and a C2D clocked at 2.8, great connection, etc. But I was rubberbanding and it was bad bad bad last night in XC with party of 6.

Wonder if its still that bad today.

GlassCannon
04-25-2008, 01:23 PM
Completely.

I can chat and such, that remains connected with no latency, but my character freezes in place. It sometimes causes latency disconnects. It's not my end or my ISP. It is 100% Turbine's end. The sad part is when Turbine fails, I lose all my buffage, compounding on Turbine's failure to create an Epic Fail.

Shaamis
04-25-2008, 01:31 PM
so far two days w/o a dev comment, the last ont eh 23rd...

while not fully two days, this is very unusual.

Shaamis
04-25-2008, 01:38 PM
Completely.

I can chat and such, that remains connected with no latency, but my character freezes in place. It sometimes causes latency disconnects. It's not my end or my ISP. It is 100% Turbine's end. The sad part is when Turbine fails, I lose all my buffage, compounding on Turbine's failure to create an Epic Fail.

chat server is seperate from game server, it's definately server-side the issues that are happening. my guess is the ddo servers needs some serious maintenance soon, after they scrambled to correct the game error.

I just hope the cascading problem effect doesn't result in a memory meltdown.

Missing_Minds
04-25-2008, 01:46 PM
Hopefully, the Devs/Community team is so quiet because they are busy trying to figure out what they broke now.

Of course, I didnt think Tolero and Quarion were coders.....

They are not, and people constantly demanding answers from them just really don't understand what their positions are. It is like calling for a pizza and asking the worker what type of cow and how old was it when it got turned into pepperoni.

Hence
04-25-2008, 01:52 PM
I too was experiencing atrocious lag last night on Thelanis. It was at its worst when fighting Devils and Orothon in the Shroud.
In part 4 of the Shroud, we set up as usual but when we agroed the pack in the middle, everyone froze, clerics could not heal, fighters could not attack. One of our party was lying unconscious for a good 30 seconds with all the clerics spamming heals on him.
It is really a fine line between playable and completely fubared. And this latest patch just nudged our gameplay in the wrong direction.
Sloppy, and it seems like it is only going to get more sloppy.

SidBadguy
04-25-2008, 01:55 PM
Yeah the lag is really bad since the hotfix, My guild was doing a favor run in the Keeper's Sanctuary and one of the arcanes threw a cloudkill and everyone that walked through it would get lagged effects from the spell long after they left the area and long after the spell had gone. 2 of our party were still getting con damage and the smokey haze blocking their vision for like 10 min. They even died several times from con damage as heals were not hitting for 30-40 seconds after they were cast. It took logging off then back on to drop the effect.

We also noticed that the game would run fine in the instance until one of us or the mob casters threw a lingering spell like CK or Firewall, then the game went to he!! until the spell disapeared.

Kaldaka
04-25-2008, 03:43 PM
Last night on Thelanis I got major lag spikes in quests, not very much in public areas. What is interesting is that from what my party noticed is that when monsters spawn in a quest, the lag would get worse. When we killed them all, much much less lag .... Hmmm ....

Oreg
04-25-2008, 03:47 PM
They are not, and people constantly demanding answers from them just really don't understand what their positions are. It is like calling for a pizza and asking the worker what type of cow and how old was it when it got turned into pepperoni.

It is not even remotely like that. And you know it.....

Cupcake
04-25-2008, 03:49 PM
Last night around 6-7 pm pacific time on Ghallanda, the lag was awful.

around 8:30 ish we hopped over to Argo and the lag was fine.

Till around 9:30 pm. My husband and I were in Tangleroot running the quests waiting to die cause we couldn't move.

FoxOne
04-25-2008, 04:11 PM
I logged for a minute,went to the vale and tried to make my way to meridia,the same as last night for the minute i was on.As soon as a monster spawns,it screws everything up.that single scorpion by the white bridge spawned causing lag,i cast my quickened BB and it never appeared.An ogre i couldn't see was beating me down too and when i tried running back to the door for the 12 i got killed in front of it.Really,this is pathetic work,just a few weeks before a major competitor releases,also right after luring a bunch of people into buying a 6 month sub to try and avoid mass exodus...Bravo,it all so worked out well.Quarion is our community expert and a few others yet not a single word from them.Have a nice week end all.

Shyver
04-25-2008, 04:20 PM
Quarion is our community expert and a few others yet not a single word from them.Have a nice week end all.

Since the "fix" to the "patch" went in there have been 5 posts from either customer relations or devolpers in the Dev Tracker. 1 was a promise to close a thread if it continues to be bad. 3 were in fact thread closures. And 1 was a bit of help for a Mac user.

Not a single word to say that there is a problem that they are aware of. A word to say that there is in fact no probelm, and it's working as intended. :rolleyes: Or a word saying thanks for bringing this to their attention.

The silence is a bit disturbing going into the weekend. I'm not saying I want a timetable on getting it fixed. I'm just saying that some word that they are aware that there is a problem would be nice.

Stealthbr
04-25-2008, 04:28 PM
I agree. My latency just keeps rising its annoying. I am lagging and I play on Khyber btw.

Tolero
04-25-2008, 04:32 PM
We're looking into this all... *beats the lag into submission* if you're still experiencing issues please keep the details coming, and for those of you filing bug reports abundant thanks!

Shyver
04-25-2008, 04:37 PM
We're looking into this all... *beats the lag into submission* if you're still experiencing issues please keep the details coming, and for those of you filing bug reports abundant thanks!

Thanks for letting us know. I should have poked you awhile ago. But then again my mom taught me not to poke a sleeping bear.:p

ENGRAV0
04-25-2008, 04:37 PM
TOLERO, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Thank you for acknowledging an issue, or at least the conern that there might be one.

We aren't making things up, create a character, pull one from somewhere and log in. Join a party, make up your own, get into a quest and begin playing. You don't even need to be in a quest, happens in town also. Quests throughout the entire town are nearly condemned, and if, somehow you don't see the lag, try another quest. Happens when creatures spawn, when creatures cast spells, when there is nothing at all that is evident going on, Encounter areas, RAIDs.

There are screen shots showing how bad the lag is that when people are recovering HP and SP in town, they aren't getting the 5 or 10 per tick, but that it is up to 20 at times, and repeatedly ticking at that rate. One in particular is no where near a tavern area, so it isn't a matter of a Ghallandra pot that they consumed.

Again Tolero, thank you for something being posted.

Dexxaan
04-25-2008, 04:38 PM
Thanks Tolero

it´s reassuring to know you are checking forums....and taking ation of a game killer issue.

Tolero
04-25-2008, 05:08 PM
TOLERO, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Thank you for acknowledging an issue, or at least the conern that there might be one.

We aren't making things up, create a character, pull one from somewhere and log in. Join a party, make up your own, get into a quest and begin playing. You don't even need to be in a quest, happens in town also. Quests throughout the entire town are nearly condemned, and if, somehow you don't see the lag, try another quest. Happens when creatures spawn, when creatures cast spells, when there is nothing at all that is evident going on, Encounter areas, RAIDs.

There are screen shots showing how bad the lag is that when people are recovering HP and SP in town, they aren't getting the 5 or 10 per tick, but that it is up to 20 at times, and repeatedly ticking at that rate. One in particular is no where near a tavern area, so it isn't a matter of a Ghallandra pot that they consumed.

Again Tolero, thank you for something being posted.

I popped on a moment ago but I'm not getting anything personally. This doesn't mean I don't believe you though ^^ Those of you who are experiencing this can you give more details? What kind of party make up are you, what are you doing when you're getting the lag, things like that?

Cupcake
04-25-2008, 05:13 PM
Last Night:

Ghallanda

Party of 4

Just simple movement. Could not shoot, could not move.

Last Night

Argo

Part of 2

inside part 2-4 of Tangleroot.
Time: around 9:30 pm pacific.

after the big room, going down the hallway where the patrols are.

Couldnt move. Step. Stop. Step.
Couldn't heal with a wand. No reaction.

Dexxaan
04-25-2008, 05:13 PM
Last night 11PM EST; Elite Shroud RAID, Part I Mainly, Full Raid Party, Coffee....lot´s of Coffee,

As example: couldn´t see rest of party swinging away at portals and would regain visuals after 6+ Seconds. Whole party (each and every one) suffered from this lag.

Cupcake
04-25-2008, 05:14 PM
I popped on a moment ago but I'm not getting anything personally. This doesn't mean I don't believe you though ^^ Those of you who are experiencing this can you give more details? What kind of party make up are you, what are you doing when you're getting the lag, things like that?

Thank you Tolero.

*Hands the Tent a cupcake.

The10man
04-25-2008, 05:15 PM
Lag destroyed what was supposed to be loot run night to pay for lowbie I'm trying to run up resulted in costing me more than running the lowbie! tried to run two devils runs in the vale: fight starts, cast one spell, no animations, then I'm dead. Then I can see everyone is dead. It rendered the game unplayable. I hope they have this fixed soon! The only time it was worse was the market tent debacle. The good news was I managed to get 14 spam tells in 1.5 hours of gametime. No lag for the spammers! BTW if they are posting a phone number can't you figure out who they are? Maybe thats the only way to do loot runs now. When 6 level 16s can't complete 1 run on hard there is a major problem.

Edit: Btw tolero lag spike=party wipe happened any time the bad guys were together in the quests ie. doorways hallways rooms etc when one or two or spread out it would be glitchy but ok. Everything started with the Hot "fixes" not fixes in my experience but did make me pretty freaking hot.

Drider
04-25-2008, 05:20 PM
We were having real bad lag last night on a shroud run. Part 1 when we zoned in and started pulling mobs, we pretty much party lagged for at least a minute or two, we luckily didn't party wipe or anything. It went away slowly but there was still a spikes of lag throughout the whole of part 1. Part 2 we had the same thing happen when we were all together in the Southern area.

umm we had like 2 sorcs, 3 clerics, 3 rangers, and 4 melee types.

ThrasherGT
04-25-2008, 05:29 PM

Quick question.......are You logging in at work? It would seem that many variables are missing if You log in from 20 feet away from the servers. Just wondering...................

Osharan_Tregarth
04-25-2008, 05:30 PM
Last night around 6-7 pm pacific time on Ghallanda, the lag was awful.

around 8:30 ish we hopped over to Argo and the lag was fine.

Till around 9:30 pm. My husband and I were in Tangleroot running the quests waiting to die cause we couldn't move.

That wasn't lag.. That was a web spell! :p

JosephKell
04-25-2008, 05:39 PM
I popped on a moment ago but I'm not getting anything personally. This doesn't mean I don't believe you though ^^ Those of you who are experiencing this can you give more details? What kind of party make up are you, what are you doing when you're getting the lag, things like that?It is just weird. I will have a ~98ms/0.00% connection then suddenly it starts to grow to like 4,000+ ms and 99.7% packet loss. And it will do that for like a 1-5 minutes, then I find myself about 100 feet up in the air feather falling to where I was. Then it starts to get a little better, I can move around for like 30 seconds then it repeats.

It only happens when I am in dungeons though!

The first time was a few days ago in Stormcleave. Then again in two of the Necropolis 1 quests (Immortal and Crimson Heart I believe).
Quick question.......are You logging in at work? It would seem that many variables are missing if You log in from 20 feet away from the servers. Just wondering...................Isn't that the point? If Tolero is logged into the servers nigh directly and it runs great (and why shouldn't it) then it isn't a DDO server problem, it is either a network problem or a user system problem.

When doing experiments, you want to limit the variables to (ideally) just one. ;)

sigtrent
04-25-2008, 05:44 PM
Last night on Thelanis I got major lag spikes in quests, not very much in public areas. What is interesting is that from what my party noticed is that when monsters spawn in a quest, the lag would get worse. When we killed them all, much much less lag .... Hmmm ....

That would make a lot of sense since the patch had to do with creature spawning and states and such...

JosephKell
04-25-2008, 05:46 PM
That would make a lot of sense since the patch had to do with creature spawning and states and such...Then we obviously need a button that makes all the monsters die to solve the lag problem. :p

vtecfiend99
04-25-2008, 05:56 PM
Yeah the lag is really bad since the hotfix, My guild was doing a favor run in the Keeper's Sanctuary and one of the arcanes threw a cloudkill and everyone that walked through it would get lagged effects from the spell long after they left the area and long after the spell had gone. 2 of our party were still getting con damage and the smokey haze blocking their vision for like 10 min. They even died several times from con damage as heals were not hitting for 30-40 seconds after they were cast. It took logging off then back on to drop the effect.

We also noticed that the game would run fine in the instance until one of us or the mob casters threw a lingering spell like CK or Firewall, then the game went to he!! until the spell disapeared.

smae issue in the shroud, ran it twice last night and had to make it with NO crowd control haha. The second a caster put up a dance ball the whole party lagged to hell and back lol. We almost got our buts WHOOPED in the second part before someone finally was like, its the d-balls! but hey, at least we could actually log on... :-)

moorewr
04-25-2008, 05:59 PM
Thelanis -- after 10 EST last night.. Shroud part 1 ground to a halt any time any disco ball or cloud/fog went down, even if it was just one CC spell.

Shima-ra
04-25-2008, 06:00 PM
Every huge lag spikes I've experience last night were felt by the entire group simultaneously.

I think that is an important clue.

captain1z
04-25-2008, 06:07 PM
My lag experience is 1 week old to the day but mirrors what Im reading being posted by others.

Was trying to run to meridia...... I was alone/not in group. Upon reaching the 1st stone bridge, which is not far in at all, lagged for 2 minutes and when it cleared I was dead. I was killed by the scorpion and the ogre. I was not bound in meridia .... was in gianthold so started to run back ..............lagged out in same spot in the vale... same 2 mobs present............. died and back to gianthold I went. 3rd try I ran straight for the riverand made it in the water............ made the swim to the entrance of meridia........ made it inside but lagged inside, lost connection to server and of course I was gunna be back in gianthold so I called it a night and didnt play the whole weekend.

I havent had any trouble since but it seems others are getting what I had. it just randomly cleared up, I did nothing to fix it.

oronisi
04-25-2008, 06:18 PM
I was getting server lag last night. I ran 2 friggin quests and got lag in both, and in the town in between quests. It's definitely server lag seeing as everyone in the group got it at the same time, and it's definitely bad enough to wipe a party or raid if it hits at a bad time.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest you guys look at the last patch, seeing as it happened right after you hotfixed a patch that had game-breaking bugs in it, I don't think it's too insane to think you could have done it again.

Gengulphus
04-25-2008, 06:24 PM

We had tons of lag last night in a raid party on Khyber.
4/24, 9:30pm to 12midnight EST.
12 person raid, The Shroud.
Three clerics, about 4 fighters, one paladin, one bard, one sorcerer (i forget the classes of the other two members).
Part one was especially bad - beating on the portals - particularly when we fought multiple mobs...
Regular moments where everything froze (for everybody in the party).
Common problem: swinging at the portal and no dice roll and no floaty numbers...
We made it all the way to part 4, though...

Thanks for your attention to this Tolero!

:D

CaseStringer
04-25-2008, 06:46 PM
I play on 3 servers (Sarlona, Argonessen & Thelanis) and Thelanis has ALWAYS been the worst of the 3 when it comes to lag. On Sarlona and Argo. it is almost always non-existant. Haven't done much questing since hot-fix due to Guild meetings. Just wanted to inform the Devs that Thelanis is always lagging for me.

Naso24
04-25-2008, 07:07 PM
I was in rainbow in the dark (9:30 PST) after the patch. We did some vale chest running no problem. After we got 40ft in the quest, things started to slow. Then they came to a creep, with short bursts where there seemed to be updates (health bars dropping, players moving. This was with a party of 6. We made it to the first part you drop down in. A few died. We decided to quit. Things were smooth again once in the Vale.

Later that evening, did a shroud 1-5 run. Made it all the way through no problem. Opened last chest. Went to charge some orbs. At first, I thought it was rejecting the items I tried to put in. Then I realized it was not responding. Tried jumping, moving, moving ingredients in and out. About 30 seconds later, my character jumped. While still sluggish, things were not totally stopped anymore. This is in a quest where there were NO ememies left, and 3/4 of the party already exited.

Xalted_Vol
04-25-2008, 07:38 PM
is it ?????

WeaselKing
04-25-2008, 08:28 PM

Yesterday around 2 pst, part two of the Shroud. Full party, mixed classes. We all lagged on way to pull mobs to the south center, one said he was running to the s. center froze for a few seconds then observed his stone laying on the ground. I was playing my wiz, things were choppy but I was able to squeeze of an acid fog and a couple firewalls, spam reconstruct on myself get away and get off a ddoor because I noticed everyone else was dead and it seemed prudent to get out.

Ran the Shroud an hour or so later, similar problem but not as pronounced.

Mostly seems like my normal "I need more RAM and am trying to web browse while playing" lag except everyone else in party is experiencing it.

On a couple group lag spikes I have noticed my connection turn orange and then yellow (maybe other way around) but it still says 0% loss until after it turns green and the group surges simultaneously back into motion. I am not sure if we were all in the same instance or even all in the private instances, I will pay attention if it happens again and let someone know.

Ganak
04-25-2008, 08:50 PM
Tonight - Shroud Pt4 - Full Party

Hit us when the inital devil camp spawned. Persisted through to the pit fiend and our wipe due to lag. The lag was not like the sudden but short paralyzing lag often felt in the past. It was bad enough to where heals where not going through, but persistant for 5+ minutes. Had this happen once more recently.

Arjen
04-25-2008, 08:57 PM
It's still going on.

In the shroud right now on Thelanis and the lag is making it totally unplayable for the entire party. This isn't isolated to one person or another in the group, it is server side, no question about it.

Part 1: Initial CC during the 1st clear before portal drops.

Part 2: Any CC dropped.

Part 3: Randomly as we're running around with water/solving.

:(

lastlion
04-25-2008, 09:28 PM
Server: Argo
Lag examples

4/24:
Instance: Desert area, running to quests
Party: 4 people (Wiz, Ranger, Cleric, Range)
When: Any time you get more than 2 mobs around your general viewing area that you/party are engaged in a fight. Really bad when a mob is a caster.
Lag Issue: Can't move, can't cast. When you can cast, it is 5 second behind.
Impacted: Everyone in the party, at roughly the same time.

Instance: Ryam, in the Desert.
Party: 4 people (Wiz, Ranger, Cleric, Range)
When: Any time you get more than 2 mobs around your general viewing area that you/party are engaged in a fight. Fightin the end boss. Really bad when a mob is a caster.

4/25:

Instance: Von's 1-4...Happened over and over again in each one tonight
Party: 4 people (Two Sorcs, 2 Rangers, 2 Fighters)
When: Any time you get more than 2 mobs around your general viewing area that you/party are engaged in a fight. Really bad when a mob is a caster.

This problem has been pretty consistent over the last few nights. I hear guildies complaining about it in our Vent server all night long.

Anzu

Dark_Helmet
04-25-2008, 09:48 PM

Lagged in public instances (Meridia and Zawabi).

Lagged in desert on way to quest. Only 2 of us both were lagging and we could only move 1 inch at a time. Stopped for awhile and it eventually went away. Made it almost to quest and it started laggina again. The other 2 were already in the quest the whole time and they were fine. When we zoned into Chains, they started lagging as well. NO change latency, Packet loss - just less data going both ways.

Shroud some lag in part 1, lag in part 2. Once with one Dancing ball, but the other time was as casters were getting mana (all mobs were dead) and no AOE up.

Mavnimo
04-25-2008, 09:53 PM
just about every time i run north to south on the east side of the shroud phase 3 i freeze up for a sec like something is loading. haven't filed a report yet cuz i forget. ill file one the next time im in the shroud with a loc.

jkm
04-25-2008, 10:09 PM
its really bad around groups of mobs - the first kobolds in stormcleave, the bats in coal

Missing_Minds
04-25-2008, 10:32 PM
so far I've had it hit twice. Ghallanda in the shroud part 1 and the second in part 3
9:52 pm cst Friday
10:17 pm cst Friday

mobs could kill us, we couldn't move
funny thing though. Normally with lag, and we are doing ranged or swinging, normally we'll get results all at once in a sudden wham.

This time... nothing. It was like packets got dropped but no change in latecy at all. Is there bad memory or a run away process hogging stuff?

Is it possible a DNS is happening out there disrupting our game?

ENGRAV0
04-25-2008, 10:47 PM

Running the Shroud right now, Argo, the lag is present, but not as bad as it was, oddly enough.

Experienced the Lag in parts 1,2,3,4 and 5. Various degrees, and it was the entire party, not just a couple of us. Some of us had some packet loss, some had none. In part 1, as soon as I cast Rage it became noticable, also got worse when some of the AI would cast spells.

Part 2, When trying to get the Dancing Balls up, lag hit, I personaly kept bouncing back and forth between 2 devils, and the clerics tried to hit me with 3 heals, none landed, and I died, which isnt a big deal, I am a bard. LoL.

Part 3, Solving puzzles, kept missing where I was jumping, the lag made me run past my target, but finally got them, good times making fun of being drunk, save the fact I hadn't had anything to drink. LoL.

Part 4, When the initial mob activates, got hit hard, but proactive healing managed to save the majority of us. When the fiend would come down, get hit again. When the blades were flying around, it seemed to get even worse, but it was indeed completable.

Part 5, Started out really good, lag seemed nonexistant, but once the buffs started flying, and the fiend began throwing his fireballs, it began getting bad. The blades began, and it only got a little worse. Still got completion, but it was not exactly a smooth run, and it wasn't because we were ill prepaired, or had a tough fight. Got lucky with the LTs.

Possibly the only other thing I could do would be to run fraps, but some would argue that running it was a cause of the lag, which would be false, but none the less you could actualy SEE what it is that some of us are speaking of.

DocMend
04-25-2008, 10:55 PM
Running deleras we had a huge group lag spike about 9:30pm (cst). I am a cleric and I kept healing but the lag was so bad it took a while to catch up. At that point the heal's turned to raise dead.

If you don't want to call it a bug, call it a huge opportunity for improvement.

pumagirl418
04-25-2008, 10:55 PM
jump into part1 of shroud, almost a party wipe. dancing balls after people die. ddoors minutes after cast. swinging and no rolls. had to restart because of the lag.
"whats that submit a bug report?" well everyone in party that did try has an error log... hmm geez wonder why that is. Whats that log in and out? well its over all my toons. "whats that, its my machine?" hmm, well party of 12 experience lag... hmm my whole guild... oh and one just got a brand new machine.

FIX THE LAG!

look, a redo with the same problem...

ENGRAV0
04-25-2008, 11:08 PM
jump into part1 of shroud, almost a party wipe. dancing balls after people die. ddoors minutes after cast. swinging and no rolls. had to restart because of the lag.
"whats that submit a bug report?" well everyone in party that did try has an error log... hmm geez wonder why that is. Whats that log in and out? well its over all my toons. "whats that, its my machine?" hmm, well party of 12 experience lag... hmm my whole guild... oh and one just got a brand new machine.

FIX THE LAG!

look, a redo with the same problem...

Normaly, I would be with you with irritation, however
I believe that while we have Tolero's attention on this, perhaps less bashing and more info given will help us all.

HumanRogue
04-25-2008, 11:13 PM

I've tried to file a bug report, but the bug report window is broken...

HumanRogue
04-25-2008, 11:15 PM
Every huge lag spikes I've experience last night were felt by the entire group simultaneously.

I think that is an important clue.

Our experience as well. Voice chat doesn't lag, so everyone knows that we're all experiencing the lag at the same time because everyone will say, "Wow, bad lag!" at the same time.

The_Phenx
04-26-2008, 12:19 AM

Running with the devils Normal. 6 man party 2 fighters 1 rouge 1 sorc 1 cleric 1 ranger.
At the gate with the lever just past the two earth elementals, where you fight the battle then get your first chest.
The lag monster bit us... frozen immobile upon pulling the lever for 1.5 minutes while the baddies were wiping the party.
No one could cast/move/heal/swing.
I alone survived and manage to rez the party back up.

Titan elite frozen immobile for 2 minutes solid. In the Blue/Red crystal giver area with the forcefield/switch. 8 man guild raid.

Shroud normal full 12 man raid. Frozen stiff for 30 secconds.

Meridia trying to sell, really jerky.

Vale solo, very bad.

Seems whenever there is more than 2 or 3 baddies around it strikes.

It is truly making the game unplayable.

Please I beg of thee fix my addiction :)

Cowdenicus
04-26-2008, 12:28 AM
Yup - Thelanis is 10-7 for All Intents.

10-9?

Desteria
04-26-2008, 02:13 AM

bene noticign it on and off a bunch was REALYL bad in von5 today, what are we doign um just tryign to move or fight, it seams to be worse when mobs are beign triggered IE woken up and havign to make decitionon who to attack and how to getthre, it normaly lasts abotu half way through a given fight, it was effectiong peopel every where in the nstance IE a group could go down one parht start a fight and EVEY one even the rouge down a total ceperate path far away was experancign the lag it appeared to be equal shard by every one was group of 8-10 people.
Another time lagg semed bad was when npc's weere castoign AE spelsl though that is often at the start of fights so hard ot tell if this was a seprate issue or similar to others.

suitepotato
04-26-2008, 02:28 AM
Common thread here is that entire parties suffer it simultaneously and equally. What affects all people simultaneously and equally but a server side issue? More to the point what does a single party have in common but an instance. How are instances instances? Are they like separate databases, each spawned from master template then modified during play during the instance's existence and flushed when done? How are the common states of the shared instance shared? How do they get to the players partaking? Seems like something responsible for synchronizing all the members of the instance with the instance state so as to maintain a shared instance that is in agreement has gone all goofy.

In other words, whatever it is that makes an instance appear the same to different people on different machines with different povs. A chest is opened by one, all see it opened. Not just the one who opened it. Could that be freezing up on attempt to do something or other?

Just musing and hoping it gets cleared real soon.

Llandorin
04-26-2008, 03:55 AM
Rainbow in the Dark, Friday 10pm (GMT-4)

All players experienced bad lag at the same time. Usually when fighting mobs. When the inevitable wipe occurred (due to lag) those that recalled out also got lagged in the Vale. I guess we must have all had the exact same PC specification, and been playing from the same interent connection, in the same room, in the same house...

With so many people reporting this as in issue, surely you cannot continue to blame the players?

Hvymetal
04-26-2008, 04:05 AM
10-9?You're 10-1, 10-9?

Riggs
04-26-2008, 04:40 AM
signed

wednesday or thursday, was in STK, and for a period of 5 minutes eveyrone was stuttering around. appearing in one spot, runnign in place, then 5 seconds later they were somewhere else. Made fighting and healing next to impossible while it was going on.

Same night in the shroud, part 1 was basically unplayable. I would be 30 second sbehind the group, run up to a portal that had monsters, couldnt hit the monsters, just see things like an orthon or portal keeper not moving. Could hear in voice chat when it was killed, but it took 30 seconds for the keeper to disappear from my screen. Then when the lag stopped at 1 portal, I would still be swinging while most of the group was already halfway done the next portal.

Part 1 is always bad, but this few days has been occasional, but across all quests, and party wide when it happens.

Cowdenicus
04-26-2008, 05:02 AM
You're 10-1, 10-9?

must be lag :D

dragnmoon
04-26-2008, 05:57 AM
I will have to Test out this lag issue people are saying they are having..

In my Experience I have found that When ever people are complaining about Lag, that when I log on I don't see it..

Most lag issues I have seen people complain about are usually caused by a problem in the ISP or something between the ISP and the game servers..or thier own PC.... Though I don't think it is a problem with peoples' PCs this time. *AT&T has a horrible network, and the cause of most problems i hear about, this game or any other*

But If I am seeing it now then I will pass it on..

Nirvana
04-26-2008, 05:58 AM
The lag is worse than the Loot-Weekend-Lag....

oronisi
04-26-2008, 06:54 AM
Normaly, I would be with you with irritation, however
I believe that while we have Tolero's attention on this, perhaps less bashing and more info given will help us all.

What information would you like us to give? It's server lag, not caused by us. Considering they touched the mob AI (again), perhaps they didn't optimize their new code? Perhaps someone is in Coalescense Chamber with tons of mobs causing the lag, but I'm over at the AH feeling it, and I'm not causing it. If I post 'I was at the AH', it's not going to help the devs. Nor will the guy posting 'I was in Coalescense' because his post will be 1 in 100.

BurnerD
04-26-2008, 07:14 AM
Last night ran Von 1-4 on Argo for re-key. Lag in all 4 parts.

stockwizard5
04-26-2008, 08:27 AM
We really don't know what to report (not that I have lacked for trying in-game).

Example: Thelanis, Meridia/Shroud

Putting Shroud Group Together in Meridia and Experience Step/Step - Pause 2s - Step/Step - Pause 2s, etc
Enter Part 1 of Shroud - Create Portal - Portal takes 6s to Spawn.
Start Part 1 of Shroud - Don't pull all Mobs because Lag is so bad we are trying to avoid party wipe - I got left pull in small groups (not moving) other has right (not moving) - wait 6s+ - both of us are dead (just to the left and right of 1st portal spawn point). Combat Log reads like Mob action only Hit, Hit, Hit, Hit, etc - no other actions executing.
Finish Part 1 (only because we use no AoE, no big mobs, and predict what is next - reaction not possible).
Part 2 is horrendous - Kill mobs in smallest possible groups, no AOE or persistent spells - kill 4 Lts - caster (parked in midde to avoid lag) can't cast - 2 LTs wander home, re-spawn and kill caster - repeat and get through.
Part 3 is like Drunken Twister (get through) we all laugh allot!
Part 4 - No AOE get through Inital Wave - Round One vs Fiend he is down like 3% at 1st teleport - almost nothing is registering, get through 4 devils - gnolls don't spawn - 2nd round Fiend down another 3%/4% - Gnolls start spawning near and of round. Last 4 Gnolls spawn AFTER round 2 (that is while fiend airborne). Devils spawn and everyone left (7 of us) freeeze solid for 8-10s - on awakening all are dead.

There was really no scenario, no portion of raid, and no specific actions that made it playable (although AoE and Persistent Spells appeared to amke it even worse) -Really want to report "I am lagging right now" can you see anything wrong server side (it was persistent and our actions, party, location, didn't matter much).

Furbitor
04-26-2008, 09:03 AM
"you can strap monkeys to typewriters,even have them write a book but it doesn't mean any of it will make any sense."

LOL!!! BUT, if you strap monkey to typewritters and have them write millions of books, chances are that one will be a textbook for how to publish a patch to a MMORPG, and tottaly blow it......

Nawwww....... I bet itsmore than just one......

Torilin
04-26-2008, 09:34 AM

Lets just say this, I never lag, but since the fix to the fix I am in lag hell!!! Can't even complete shroud, something I have done over 60 times.

The10man
04-26-2008, 10:06 AM
If you can't figure out that this is a widespread issue across worlds/servers and users you're blind. There are people from every world/server complaining about it in every place GH, Shroud, Vale, AH, etc. We obviously don't have the same ISPs or the same PCs or anything so it HAS TO BE ON YOUR END!!! Please get on this! Whatever you "fixed" unfix until you can really fix it. I could care less if someone else is exploiting something. If your Fix to that makes the game unplayable how good of a fix is it? "Well at least they aren't getting away with that anymore HA_HA!"

ENGRAV0
04-26-2008, 10:09 AM
What information would you like us to give? It's server lag, not caused by us. Considering they touched the mob AI (again), perhaps they didn't optimize their new code? Perhaps someone is in Coalescense Chamber with tons of mobs causing the lag, but I'm over at the AH feeling it, and I'm not causing it. If I post 'I was at the AH', it's not going to help the devs. Nor will the guy posting 'I was in Coalescense' because his post will be 1 in 100.

A simple answer, unless you are fully aware of what exactly will give them help, then provide ANYTHING that you think might help. Situational information, Spell casting going on around you, Opened up a window at the AH, and when it went to refresh the display it suddenly lagged very bad, There were a couple people casting buffs(Mass or not) right next to me.

Easy enough? This is SOME of the information that "MIGHT" be of assistance.

It is difficult enough to get a response from the Dev's, and everyone complains about it. Now we have a response, and basically a plea to provide them information, and you don't think it worth trying?

As a good freind of mine says "DO IT!!!" LoL, (Ok, the DO IT part is in humor, no, I aint your Daddy and I aint gonna tell you what to do, when to do it, how to do it, or who to do it with, so don't go nuts on the issue.)

Baron
04-26-2008, 10:10 AM
I suspect this will be a while getting fixed.

When ever you quickly create a patch to fix something that is badly wrong then bad things will happen. That is why several of us who do programing suggested a quick roll back of that (in my mind untested) update a few days ago.

I really hope that this convinces someone in charge at Turbine to do three things before they roll out mod 7.

1. Load MOD 7 on RISA several weeks before it is due to go live on the production servers and give people a reason to test it in large numbers with speeded up xp. That screwed up untested update that started this was not even installed on Risa to test it, how many folks knew that? And I say it was untested because there is no way the errrors that users found within the first hour of it being ran on the production servers could have been missed by anyone who tried to do those raids on Mournlands.

2. If MOD 7 is loaded onto the production servers with out reasonable testing and it screws up (all too likely in my mind) then pull the plug within the first hour and roll back all the servers. Do not roll out a hasty untested patch on top of the bad code that you just inflicted on your paying customers like you did this last week.

3. Make it clear to your managment on the DDO side, your internal Q&A, your internal testing group (to include Mournlands and their testers), and last but not least to your loyal paying customers who have stuck with your thru every screwed up patch and update Turbine has inflicted on them since RISA became a "Preview Server" and not a beta test server that if Mod 7 gets to production servers and it is hosed within the first day by mistakes that should have been caught prior to that then the Roman Army rule of decimation will occur. Lets settle for replacing 1/10 of the staff who had anything to do with MOD 7, your customers will no doubt conduct their own form of this anyway by going elsewhere after one more major disapointment by Turbine thrown at them. They do have choices now.

For those who are not history buffs -

A cohort (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cohort_%28military_unit%29) selected for punishment by decimation was divided into groups of ten; each group cast lots (Sortition (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sortition)), and the soldier on whom the lot fell was executed by his nine comrades, often by stoning or clubbing. The remaining soldiers were given rations of barley (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barley) instead of wheat (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheat) and forced to sleep outside of the Roman encampment.
Because the punishment fell by lot, all soldiers in the selected cohort (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cohort_%28military_unit%29) were eligible for execution, regardless of rank or distinction.

What say you Turbine? If you think think your current testing is good enough, take the pledge of decimation.

moorewr
04-26-2008, 10:22 AM
Users. Bloody minded lot.

Baron
04-26-2008, 10:25 AM
:)

Maybe just taking the twinkies away?

Korvek
04-26-2008, 10:36 AM
Von 4 on Argo, the lag reminded me a lot of lag I had in Coalescence chamber when I used to just run past everything.

When I went back and killed the warforged that had fallen into the pits, the lag stopped.

The lag probably has something to do with multiple AI decisions trying to all process at once or something, and their efficiency or speed was somehow reduced with the patch.

Edit: I have yet to notice any lag in a public area.

VonBek
04-26-2008, 11:09 AM

It seemed better in quest than in outdoor areas, and better in outdoor areas than in public (shared) instances.

Frequently by myself, but also experienced in party with three friends. Not so noticeable in combat, but then we died more than is normal, even for us :rolleyes:. Movement/Running seemed to highlight it's presence. Thursday night (8-10 EST), heavy graphics strain DID NOT play a part - we had an end boss and cronies in several concurrent AOE effects and lag didn't kill us. I had a character standing in a tavern (Fri afternoon, sometime) casting CLW on himself an about half failed to land, though the SP were debited for the mana bar. I was soloing at 3:00 AM Saturday morning and it was horrible.

Chaos000
04-26-2008, 01:15 PM
Edit: I have yet to notice any lag in a public area.

last night server thelanis: lag hit everyone(nobody could move/cast/etc.) in house k and after a couple minutes all the characters got booted. didn't effect the general chat or party chat. that's how I know multiple people got hit by it at the exact same time.

Korvek
04-26-2008, 01:23 PM
last night server thelanis: lag hit everyone(nobody could move/cast/etc.) in house k and after a couple minutes all the characters got booted. didn't effect the general chat or party chat. that's how I know multiple people got hit by it at the exact same time.

I guess I'm just lucky then... :o

I'm on Argo if that makes any difference though

HumanRogue
04-26-2008, 01:40 PM
I've seen the lag in House P, Gianthold, and virtually all quests I've been in regardless of level (The Shroud, Ghosts of Perdition, WW, Tangleroot, Delera's etc.) Hits the entire party at the same time.

NXPlasmid
04-26-2008, 03:00 PM
My party also experiences very bad lag on Madstone last evening from about 7pm-10:30pm pst. It did not seem to corrolate absolutely with the mobs but when it did we would get wiped or seriously close.

Also, I have noticed that Tells seem to be seriously delayed too. I was in the gianthold bar area and sent a tell to a friend, neither of us was in a quest. there was about a 10 second delay between when I hit return to when I saw the tell in my window and got the "ding".

Shaamis
04-26-2008, 09:58 PM
Server: Khyber
Time: 1048 pm saturday night
quest: Tangleroot explorer area

lag: every three seconds for over 10 minutes

Once we got in the quest, all was good. all players had the same issue

Shaamis
04-26-2008, 10:14 PM
1109 pm est, lag spikes for 5 minutes while IN tangleroot part 3 elite.......

moorewr
04-26-2008, 10:53 PM
Just finished out of a Shroud on Thelanis - started 1045 EST - parts 1 and 3 suffered huge lag spikes.. watched the blades in three swirl next to my char. for half a minute... whole party affected together as before... gave up after pt. 3. due to the lag.

The_Ick
04-26-2008, 10:55 PM
11:50 EST in the shroud.

We had lag through the first 3 parts, but it got so bad in part 4 that 9 out of 12 players went from full hit points to dead. Couldn't move for over 30 seconds...

I understand this happens, but it is getting to the point where we can't run the Shroud without wiping due to lag...

Twerpp
04-26-2008, 10:58 PM

It may take more than a moment to experience it....it may take some form of work that may possibly involve more than just popping on....

Serpent
04-26-2008, 11:02 PM
The lag has no party make up. It can hit anywhere there is activity. Solo there can be lag, raid there can be lag. It's intermittent, The only way to test it is to log on adn play continually. Logging in and hanging out for a few minutes will not in most cases cause it to occur. I suggest to Tolero to log in and spend time playing different quests. Chances are you will find Lag somewhere.

Side not just failed a reaver pug because of lag. People are upset over this and are leaving the game. You need to fix this or more will leave. Average person's prospective of Turbine is very poor and that will have long lasting business aspects I am sorry to say.

Big_Russ
04-26-2008, 11:10 PM
I'm typing this because I can't friggin MOVE on Ghallanda. Brilliant flippin job, devs. Worthless patch. Didn't even accomplish what you set out to do.

Kalari
04-26-2008, 11:17 PM
I normally dont complain about such things since with satellite im prone to lag bouts at times. But tonight was ridiculos, seriously lagging out not being able to move while the mobs picked away at my party and myself was just aggrivating. And this happened on different characters a low level pug to Durks and running with my guild in the desert. The gnolls moved about no problem we couldnt move some couldnt change weapons one min were at one spot the next over and dead before we knew what hit us. It reminded me of the lag we got during the marketplace event. I dunno what can be done to fix it but needless to say our quest didnt get finish everyones pretty much logging tonight gonna take an aspirin and try to forget how bad a run this was. I hope something will be done about this cause I normally try to find the positive and tonight I couldnt find any. :( And it makes matters worst that customer service has been disabled as if it was predicted this may happen and no one wanted to respond about it in game. I just dunno gonna go take that aspirin now.

DaveyCrockett
04-26-2008, 11:18 PM
Lag? First I've heard of it... :rolleyes:

DagazUlf
04-26-2008, 11:29 PM
Sure, let me just file a bug report with some specifics... Oh wait, the bug report form is borked!

Honestly, I've rolled through everything in this game with a smile, but this latest crud has really ticked me off.

Fix it now you incompetent boobs.

DagazUlf
04-26-2008, 11:30 PM
Lag? First I've heard of it... :rolleyes:

Obviously, you're a Turbine employee.

Tendare
04-27-2008, 01:27 AM
What did you do to make the game or servers lag so much? It's not only the raids that can't be played because the lag is so bad but it's happening in every quest everywhere. It seems like their are lag spikes all the time, you don't dare take on a huge battle because you don't know if your group is going to lag the instant you engage and come back with half your group gone. I very seldom complain but for goodness sakes our weekend in ruined!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jaken
04-27-2008, 01:51 AM

I am using a Intel(R)Core(TM)2 Quad Core, ATI Radeon HD grahics card, running on 8 gig RAM, Vista Window Experience Index at 4.9, internet connection at 10Mbps broadband cable. Not a great computer I would say but I don't see why I also can't move inside quest and die without knowing what hit me. Maybe its my computer that decides to downgrade to a 386 processor. Or maybe its my internet service provider decides to downgrade me to a 56k phone line speed which nobody in my country uses it anymore.

Dark_Helmet
04-27-2008, 02:42 AM

Running Ritual... Twice... lagged about 6 times so far. Whole group in the same instance lags, if some are in and some are out, they don't lag at same time... even without any mobs going it lagged.

Lorien_the_First_One
04-27-2008, 06:58 AM

It is intermittant (I know, the bane word for programmers and network techs...)

Sometimes there is absolutely no problem at all, then out of nowhere lag shows up. I've had it happen in raids (Should 1/2/3 went fine and then suddenly in S4 people started randomly freezing or rubber banding around the room). Very few AoEs being used in Shroud 4 when the problem started and no pets so the usual culprits for client based issues weren't at fault. I've also had it happen in quests, like last night in Tor when throughout most of the quest we were fine but in sever 60 second increments everyone simaltaneously complained of rubberbanding, watching monsters "teleport" as they rubber band, etc. Once again, few AoEs and no pets on our part although the giants were casting their normal range of AoE spells.

Now I've been on 2 hours straight some times without any trouble, but when it happens, it happens to everyone in the party at the exact same moment, so its something server end not client end. I'd also guess its instance based on not server based since I've seen people in guild chat *****ing about it during an hour in which I had no problem.

Good luck gremlin hunting :)

Luthen
04-27-2008, 10:42 AM
Ya know... I don't get why some folks say "Don't complain. Don't you think the Devs already know about the problem?"

First of all it is every DDO players right to complain. It's their $14.95 a month. Their expectations of what the service should be like is their own and your opinions on the matter are not a factor. As for the Devs "knowing" about the problem. I am sure they do. But since there had been no reply or mention of this outrageous problem since their hot fix of the hot fix I think it more then reasonable for people to begin speaking up and letting them know that they dropped the ball once again and WE are the one paying the price.

A simple Dev reply or post saying "We know about the problem and we're working as fast as we can to get it figured out" is better then no response or aknowlegement at all. This lag is a direct result of something that they did. To expect the player base NOT to be upset and want to vent or voice their discontent is just a silly notion. Is it true that no matter what response the Devs give some or many will still be annoyed or irate? Yes. Does that excuse them from posting about the poroblem entirely? nope.

Luthen
04-27-2008, 11:04 AM

Cleric - 16
Cleric/Paladin - 15/1
Rog/Rng/Ftr - 13/2/1
Barb/Ftr - 14/2
Barbarian - 16
Paladin - 16
Rng/Bard - 15/1
Sorc - 15
Sorc - 16
Ranger - 16
Rog/Ftr/Pal - 11/2/3
Ftr/Pal - 10/3

We expierienced 3 major lag spikes. The first one was in Shroud part 1. We had one dancing ball up and pulled. As soon as the pullers left the group, but had no aggro yet, the lag began. Complete stop an go visual animation but voice chat was still fine. Cleri heals took between 10 and 20 seconds before they landed after being cast. We nearly had a party wipe but managed to recover. The lag subsided after about 2 minutes or so. We had a few other minor spikes in part 1 but nothing major (worse then normal Shroud 1 lag but not as bad as the initial 2 minutes).

The next major lag spike was during Shroud part 2. During the single pulling of the named boss mobs the server lag became so bad that I rubber baned almost the entire map. I had run from the North / north West area of the map all the way to the South East section of the map and rubber banded all the way back. This cleared after about 45 seconds give or take and was fine.

The final lag spike came during the Shroud part 4. We had the Pit Fiend down to about 10% maby 15% of his hit points. All of a sudden during battle with the Bearded Devils and Orthons we hit another major spike. Cleric heals took at least 30 seconds to hit and everyone was rubber banding and having stop and go lag. By the time the spike passed there were only three remaining alive and they were still getting lag so we failed.

This coupled with the ongoing lag spikes which occur anytime someone loots Syberis Dragonshard Fragments or Khyber Dragonshard Fragments is just out of control. I had been submitting bug reports often but the problems still persist. The fragment looting lag has been ongoing for weeks without a fix. It seems the hot fix, which partially, was to fix lag created by mass group buffing has fixed the lag from the buffs and put it everywhere else.

FoxOne
04-27-2008, 11:28 AM
Still no answer,just checked dev tracker and no sign of anything new,The whole week-end will have gone by and no response at all.Bug report isn't working either so plat farmers are having a blast.If you wanted to screw everything up that bad i'm not sure you could have.What a bunch of clowns

Cyr
04-27-2008, 11:55 AM
Experiencing the same horrible lag that others are talking about and never had lag issues outside of loot weekends and shroud part 1. Some notes on it for the dev's.

1) It definetly started after the patch (pre/post hotfix not sure).

2) It is not nearly as noticable in the mornings to mid evenings (cst here).

3) It has been worse for me after ten pm cst.

4) It is developing not only in lag common areas (shroud part 1/reaver).

5) It does not appear to be related to summons (as the worst lag cases i have seen all have occured w/o summons).

6) It definetly starts to show up more a minute or so after our buggy mobs pop up (bats,air ele's are the two I am seeing this happen to the most, but also some issues in part 2/4 of shroud which never were problem spots for me before ).

7) It appears to be server wide because I have experienced it in solo groups without any of these buggy mobs around (harbor quests), in the vale in full parties (chamber gets some incredibly bad lag now and we kill as we go), and in shroud in full raid.

stockwizard5
04-27-2008, 02:23 PM
This is seriously bad ...

My guildies/friends have logged - we can't run high end content (we can get through but it is torture).

HELP US PLEASE ...

Litz
04-27-2008, 04:17 PM
What kind of party make up ?

Ma Parties don't require make up, if people wear it its thier own choice I can't stop them, but I'll report it..

moorewr
04-27-2008, 04:28 PM
Ma Parties don't require make up, if people wear it its thier own choice I can't stop them, but I'll report it..

No Rouges in your groups, eh?

Lorien_the_First_One
04-27-2008, 04:34 PM
A simple Dev reply or post saying "We know about the problem and we're working as fast as we can to get it figured out" is better then no response or aknowlegement at all.

Actually they already have said that. Check dev tracker

Edit: nm, you quoted it yourself in your next post lol...

Mockduck
04-27-2008, 04:51 PM
I had a weird thing happen on Thursday, I think. I was running the Tangleroot quest series when all of a sudden the three or four monsters I was fighting just stopped mid-swing. I could keep moving and attacking, but no numbers showed up (like the server stopped but I could still do actions). Went on for like three seconds, then it "kicked" back in. All of the attacks I'd been doing just sort of didn't register. I assume that means a "hitch" on the server side, but what do I know?

Otherwise, I've mostly found the issues to crop up when I'm grouping. I stopped grouping for a night and soloed Searing Heights with me ranger-rogue. No lag or other issues there! And I must say that area's a lot easier with someone specc'ed in sneaking with backstab.

Barhai
04-27-2008, 04:57 PM
well it looks like I'm receiving 4-6000bps when I'm lagging, instead of the usual 1200

Luthen
04-27-2008, 06:10 PM
Actually they already have said that. Check dev tracker

Edit: nm, you quoted it yourself in your next post lol...

Yeah I did in the next post but if you check my wording carefully...

As for the Devs "knowing" about the problem. I am sure they do. But since there had been no reply or mention of this outrageous problem since their hot fix of the hot fix I think it more then reasonable for people to begin speaking up and letting them know that they dropped the ball once again and WE are the one paying the price.

I was referencing back to the beginning when there had yet been any posts even though there were a bunch of threads and bugs reports already made. Tolero was first to address the issue but even that came awfully late compaired to the issue we were having. Something that serious which causes gameplay to be seriously affected should be jumped on ASAP. just an opinion though.

Darth_Sizzle
04-27-2008, 06:17 PM
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but, this lag issue is also causing problems with the air ele's in the Reaver and the Titan himself - they aren't moving around like they should. I'm not saying the quests are not still doable, they are. But to get the Titan to take a baby step is like pulling teeth; similarly the air ele's in the Reaver don't hardly move around at all.

Aside from this, I notice considerable lag whenever there are a lot of mobs around. I don't mean like crazy amounts of mobs (like a Coal zergfest), just 5-10 monsters around + (crowd control of your choice) = ridiculous lag. I never had any lag issues before this most recent update.

weyoun
04-27-2008, 09:08 PM
Ya know... I don't get why some folks say "Don't complain. Don't you think the Devs already know about the problem?"

First of all it is every DDO players right to complain. It's their $14.95 a month. Their expectations of what the service should be like is their own and your opinions on the matter are not a factor. As for the Devs "knowing" about the problem. I am sure they do. But since there had been no reply or mention of this outrageous problem since their hot fix of the hot fix I think it more then reasonable for people to begin speaking up and letting them know that they dropped the ball once again and WE are the one paying the price.

A simple Dev reply or post saying "We know about the problem and we're working as fast as we can to get it figured out" is better then no response or aknowlegement at all. This lag is a direct result of something that they did. To expect the player base NOT to be upset and want to vent or voice their discontent is just a silly notion. Is it true that no matter what response the Devs give some or many will still be annoyed or irate? Yes. Does that excuse them from posting about the poroblem entirely? nope.

This whole lag issue is making me agree with Luthen. Now if that isn't a sign that things aren't right with DDO I don't know what is! Fix it turbine. Tell us when you are going to fix it. You have lots of reports now so stop playing dumb and fix it. Lagged out so bad in Von 4 tonight that after restarting it twice we called it.

weyoun
04-27-2008, 09:17 PM
ignore double post

Giselle
04-27-2008, 10:04 PM
I've had tons of lag the last few days. It's been going on longer than that, but it has gotten much worse recently. I've accepted rez's (that I wouldn't have needed if the cleric hadn't lagged out and been able to heal me) and didn't come back to life. Several heals simply did. not. go. off. in the Reaver raid on my cleric the other night. We were in the shroud part 2 the other night and we were rubber banding all over the place. Then, in part 4, I was frozen in place for several seconds. Luckily, the pit fiend wasn't, so he was able to vaporize me with a delayed blast fireball...coz I couldn't move.

I've been stuck in place in town, in quests, taverns...doesn't matter, the lag is everywhere.

Everyone that I've whined to (incessantly) agrees that they've also had horrid lag.

I'm sure the devs are working on it, but it seems like a LOT of people are taking "breaks" right now because they're bored with the game and summer's coming up....this probably isn't the best time to give them another reason to stop playing.

Just my two copper pieces....

Jomee
04-27-2008, 10:07 PM
Does this mean there's going to be a another down time monday to apply a Hotter fix to fix the hot fix that fixed the fix?

ENGRAV0
04-27-2008, 10:15 PM
Ok, up front so no one thinks I "KNOW" what Turbine thought proccess is, I do NOT know for fact.

Ok, now, that said, it would seem that the planned downtime is the regular server maintenance, defragging hard drives and such, nothing dealing with data programing. I would guess, that with the lag as bad as it is, that it would not take very long for them to track down the source and deal with it, as long as they stop saying they don't see any lag. Once they acknowlege the lag, and don't try to put it off on an ISP, a users computer, your video card or whatever, and they look at it, without god mode on, and try to go into a quest with a regular character, then they will experience it first hand. Hopefully, at this same time they, having the uber access to data flow information, will be able to get it fixed and I would expect a hotfix to the hotfix for the fix that should resolve this issue. Probably (hopefully) some time tomorrow evening the servers will come back down and they will place the hotfix for the hotfix for the patch.

Riggs
04-27-2008, 10:32 PM
Sunday night, 1030 pm cst, ghallanda.

Soling a quest, and for the last 10 min have been unable to move, fight, play, drink pots, hit things. 1 in 20 swings registers a hit. Running across a room takes 2 min because you get 1 foot then stop for 10 seconds, trying to stay alive drinking potions or healing doesnt work because the game isnt registering actions.

This is brutally bad. And is happening every night for most of this week. I just shrined and after waiting 2 min for the effect to actually occur I figured I had lots of time to post.

Xalted_Vol
04-27-2008, 11:28 PM
signed

Xalted_Vol
04-27-2008, 11:29 PM
signed

In_Like_Flynn
04-27-2008, 11:32 PM
Oddly, text communication continues while movement, combat and spellcasting are frozen. I've never seen lag like it.

Tunes_Steele
04-27-2008, 11:32 PM
agreed and /signed!!!!

I h8 lag

Xalted_Vol
04-27-2008, 11:34 PM
signed

Tunes_Steele
04-27-2008, 11:36 PM
omg!!

In 3 minutes I've signed 4 threads about lag!

/signed

LuckyCuss
04-27-2008, 11:39 PM
Stay out of the shroud mates it be ssslllooowww ddeeaatthh........

BereanMalachi
04-28-2008, 12:02 AM
Since last wedsday? was it hte fix to the fix? I have lagged out in low quests, mid level quests, high quests, it dosent matter . It does seem worse in the eavenings, however there are some times during the morning, like today ( sunday) we were in Von 4 round 2 PM est , lagged so bad entire group wiped started over , wiped , decided to send a caster to the sides to D-Door out after pulling lever. The lag occurs when 2 or more Mobs are close, casting or shooting arrows.... This is a severe playability issue , thus i logged on for an hour and in one hour middle of the day I could not get through deleras without lagging and quitting i did not log on on Friday because of this i did not log on saturday because of it I logged on today to play a game my brother loves , and it stunk i mean really stunk it is bad enough to play during these conditions, without it being terminable . today alone von 4 left side lagged out, titan red medallion side lagged out called titan due to un playability and doubts that we could beat titan with such monumentous lag! tonight coalesence chamber took 3and 12 hours due to lag ... we had to kill EVERYTHING.....EVERYTHING!!!!! TWICE in order to have a decent run it sucked !!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad ::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

BereanMalachi
04-28-2008, 12:04 AM
I will be posting here after every instance so there is a current time stamop maybe the devs can get a clue and fix it already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::ma d::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Dariuss
04-28-2008, 01:23 AM
man i dunno... i've been playing pretty constantly since friday afternoon.... and i really haven't seen much lag... on argo, in high end content..

i did tor tongiht, had 5 or 6 disco balls up, and no lag

had a lag spike yesterday in the vale, but it was maybe 2-3 seconds

i think it's likely a problem somehwere between the servers and where you guys are (you guys = the ones who have severe problems).. have you tried tracerts?

ENGRAV0
04-28-2008, 01:32 AM
man i dunno... i've been playing pretty constantly since friday afternoon.... and i really haven't seen much lag... on argo, in high end content..

i did tor tongiht, had 5 or 6 disco balls up, and no lag

had a lag spike yesterday in the vale, but it was maybe 2-3 seconds

i think it's likely a problem somehwere between the servers and where you guys are (you guys = the ones who have severe problems).. have you tried tracerts?

Ok, first off, this response is in humor, so please bear with:

I suppose you could be right. The lag that hundreds of players from Argo alone have witnessed and posted and complained about throughout the 2 guilds I have characters in, the open general chat logs from Meridia, GiantHold, The Harbor, The Marketplace, House J and other palces is entirely coincidental to the hotfix to the patch that was blundered, it is indeed caused by the backbone of the internet itself, and in no way has anything to do with the Turbine DDO Servers. It is the Internet providers, WORLDWIDE, that have caused this issue with so many players, and that is why they are experincing it in every other MMO also. Wait, I hopped into BF2 and didn't see it, and it wasn't in WoW either, though that was just a trial account, so that might have made a difference also.

Ran the shroud each and every day since the patch, even checked to see if things were fixed, the crystal and such, Titan barely moves, PoP couldnt complete the Air room, checked them before the hotfix to the patch and verified they were broken, then afterward to verify they were fixed, and they were, sorta. Save the fact that this mysterious lag hits EVERYONE in my party. You have the luck of the Irish, cherish it. If you have had no lag, you are in a very small group of individuals, or you have freinds in high places. How can you possibly tell HUNDREDS of players that there is no lag from the server, when the only thing that has changed is the game itself.

Tryp
04-28-2008, 02:13 AM

Personally, I've been getting it everywhere, from 12 man raid groups, to running alone in the Vale. Although, while I have noticed it everywhere, it seems to be more frequent when there are lots of mobs on the screen and in the same close general area.
One example, near the blue barrier on the purple side of Twilight forge. When those monsters activate, the entire party experiences incredible lag, even the guys on the green side.
But, as I said, this is a small, small portion of all the instances and situations I've experienced this in.
Sometimes, if you're able to kill all the monsters in the area, the lag evens out, other times, it results in party wipes.
There have been several instances where I've been informed that I was dead and it took close to a minute for the action to play out and for me to actually die on my screen.
You can get by in the easier quests, but some are just not any fun and incredibly difficult to complete with this much lag. I haven't ran the Shroud in about a week because of this and I love that quest. :(

EDIT: I'm on Thelanis, too, by the way.

Mike_Ivory
04-28-2008, 03:22 AM
Coming from a person who rarely ever experiences lag, there is defenitly a problem i have never seen such terrible lag in this game, while its not constant when it hits it hits hard and more often then not that is the end of the line for your party. I will not be wasting my time to try and do quest only to get ganked, hopefully this is fixed sooner rather than later.

parvo
04-28-2008, 08:49 AM

It doesn't matter what the party make-up is. The lag is related to load. At peak times, there is lag. It's a studdering type that affects whole parties.

Four of us on Sublime Permadeath high night. Playing characters that we've had for a long time without dying. Old Grey Garl on elite. Throughout the quest, there was small studdering. We were moving carefully. I was out front and pulled one of those Death Stalker scorpion things. I started backpeddeling immediately. The Cleric who could only hit on a 20, took a swipe and landed one. Bad news for him. The lag kicked up for an extended period. Two of us stood right next to him spamming heals but they wouldn't register. He was shieldblocking and spamming his own heals but they wouldn't register. After a few moments of getting pounded and unable to heal, he decided to run. He didn't get very far before he was killed.

It was a sad end for a great permadeath character.

vanilladragon
04-28-2008, 09:06 AM
IT has happened in the Shroud with full AoE in effect, it has happened in House P running to visit the trainer while not in group, it has happened soloing low-level content with my lowbie Barb, it has happened in just about every circumstance. What happens is a general lag spike (as if you were running Windows Updates or Virus Scan on your personal machine while playing, except everyone is experiencing it based on Ventrilo responses, party/guild/general chat chatter) that lasts anywhere from a few seconds to a couple of minutes. This lag does not seem to disturb the AI as I have come back from lag dead. Would not say unplayable, but definitely an annoyance paying customers should expect a rapid response to.

Psyk0sisS
04-28-2008, 09:21 AM
On Sunday roughly between 1-4 I was solo'n Trial By Fire and Cabal For One for relics. Almost died many times due to the lag. Had an issue with lag in TBF when I blew open the doors where the trolls used to jump off the cliff. I was targeting them to hit em with a Fireball and kept saying they were blocked. I could see em and everything. Figured out, somehow the door was up again but invisible. Many many instances where I'd be jumping and end up rubberbanded back to the ground and a few feet back...not good when ur trying to heal in a mass of mobs lol (i.e. Firewall the spiders in TBF at the end of the hall). Yesterday was the worst lag I had all weekend. That's all, hope this helps the Devs /shrug.

Targonis
04-28-2008, 09:26 AM
From what I am seeing on Ghallanda, it is a server-side issue. Things like the Warforged Titan for example are much slower than usual. I am not talking about network lag, but overall in how things move. Now, this does not seem to be a problem during non-peak hours, so it is probably related to the changes in the agro system.

Tolero
04-28-2008, 10:07 AM
Trying to get all our threads in one spot, this way to the central thread (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=145094)....