PDA

View Full Version : WF pally question

Mortakai
04-23-2008, 06:55 PM
Well im working on my lvl 2 wf pally and am wondering if it will mess up the whole pally thing if i take a splash f sorc or wiz simply for repair wand usage? granted i know at least some who respond will say go umd i thought of that but have been spending as many skill points as pssible for my repair skill. i have healers friend 1 and might take 2 so heal wand usage isnt a problem. i know from friends that play wf that they get better heals with repair so hence my question does the boost in sp and ability to use repair wands without a umd check screw up my pally at higher lvls? thanks to those that reply

Muirtach
04-23-2008, 06:57 PM
You should be fine. Sorc will get you more SP due to your cha bonus while wizard will get you a free metamagic feat (extend is perfect for a paladin) and slightly less sp.

Mortakai
04-23-2008, 07:01 PM
Thank you Muirtach for your answer i was leaning more towards the 1 lvl sorce for the extra sp granted the extend feat would be nice for my spells but since i have a 10 int i dont feel its worth the lesser sp. i will prolly take the extend feat once offered when im lvling as pally so that is another reason for the sorce interest again my thanks first time im splashing a wf with a caster lol

Arianrhod
04-23-2008, 07:03 PM
Don't forget, repair wands aren't the only ones you'd be able to use. There's also shield, blur, stoneskin...heck, even fireball if you want a creative way to pull a bunch of aggro at a distance ;)

paintedman
04-23-2008, 07:04 PM
The only reason not to multi class is because of epic levels, I know its a ways off, but remember there was a time that builds went only to level 10, so its just something to think about.

-paint

Ghoste
04-23-2008, 07:13 PM
The only reason not to multi class is because of epic levels, I know its a ways off, but remember there was a time that builds went only to level 10, so its just something to think about.

-paint
Multi classing doesn't lock out epic levels.

paintedman
04-23-2008, 07:18 PM
but I'm pretty sure that you have to have a certain amount of class levels to gain them, so it would put you behind the curve so to speak, and in a game that puts a premium on staying on the crest of damage/survivability/ect, it might just be something to consider.

-paint