PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Crypt in 10 easy steps

Lithic
04-20-2008, 11:09 PM
Massive spoiler alert. If you like figuring mazes out yourself, why are you in this forum section in the first place? If you need to come back to use the shrine at any time, use the ddoor trinket that the guy in the shrine room gives you. 2 charges for 2 shrines, simple enough. I think with a deathwarded firewall caster you wont need it though. For each room, kill everything to get a chest with a gear. In the water mazes, just search for the chest, theres nothing to kill.

Start: In shrine room

1) Go east. You should be in a red room with gargoyles in the rafters.

2) Head north. You should be in a blue room with gargoyles in the rafters.

3) Head north. You should be in a green pyramid room.

4) Head west. You should be in the yellow fountain room.

5) Head south. You should be in the blue water maze.

6) Head north. You should be in the yellow pyramid room.

7) Head East. You should be in the green room with gargoyles in the rafters.

8) Head east. You will be back in the yellow pyramid room (will be cleared out alread).

9) Head west. You will be in a red pyramid room.

10) head west. You will be in the lever room. You should have all 8 necessary gears by now, assuming you cleared all previous rooms and collected the gear in each room. Go up the hill through the door to get to the shadow council room. Once they are taken care of, you can hit the boss, and finish out with 12k exp, some loot, and tier 2 emerald claw/silver flame necklace.

I spent about 2hours solo mapping this on my lvl 8 rogue on quiet afternoon, so please let me know if I made any errors. I sometimes mistook yellow for green or vice versa while mapping, but I hope I corrected all of those mistakes. There might be a slightly quicker way to do this (you can reach the lever room in 9 steps theoretically), but I figure 10 hops, with no wasted kills is good enough. If you want to go for conquest, youll need to visit the 12 colored rooms instead of just 8.

BelVic
04-20-2008, 11:50 PM
1> You described only one variant out of 3 possible combination.
2> 12 gears in 12 rooms give you not just conquest but shot at BIG chest for named loot ( seen maul of bane only once though
even if I ran it like 30 times).
3> 3 combos were posted already before. I tried to figure out easy way to run but usually just marking rooms on paper and looking for next room we have to visit. With good party you will spend your time mostly looking for next room while they kill mobs. Usually takes 30-45 mins in PUG.

Ghoste
05-01-2008, 06:45 PM
Put together a thread that includes all 4 instances. It also includes paths to get all the gears for the extra chest, as opposed to just enough to complete quest.

Here's the link. (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=1692186#post1692186)