PDA

View Full Version : Character slots

Stanley_Nicholas
04-20-2008, 12:10 PM
I'm supposed to have how many character slots again? I thought it was 10, seeing as I had 2 characters with 1750 favor back when the bug existed. I wasn't intending to exploit the bug, but the bug was there and at the time I did get an extra slot for the second 1750.

I also had 5 characters on Mabar before the server merge, and after the merge I had 13 characters on my account on Argo. Now I wanted to make a new character, so I deleted 4 of them to drop me to 9 used slots, thinking that should do the trick. But I still can't create a new character. I tried talking to Nyx again with my 1750's (yes, I took the tomes ages ago), relogging, closing the client, all that jazz. No luck.

So the question is, how many slots am I supposed to have? If I delete one more, will I be guaranteed to have an available slot? I could manage deleting one more if I must, but all my other slots are capped characters that I want to keep.

If only Turbine had a way for you to pay a fee to open an additional slot on your account. That would be a win-win situation.

Falco_Easts
04-20-2008, 08:02 PM
Sorry, you will have to delete another one to roll a new character. 9 is the max.
Unless you want to hold off and cross your fingers they give us a new slot with the introduction of Monks.

Stanley_Nicholas
04-20-2008, 08:29 PM
So does that mean they revoked the permanent status of unintentional extra slots resulting from 2+ 1750 characters from long ago?

Uska
04-20-2008, 08:45 PM
it use to be 5 slots base plus one for 400 favor then one for 1750 favor now its 7 base and plus one for each. And yes they did away with gaining one for each time you hit 1750 favor, people know it was a bug and rushed to do it as much as they could before the fixing hoping they wouldnt lose any characters gained this way. now all is well and most of us are on even ground. Though many would like more slots.

Freeman
04-20-2008, 09:10 PM
They never gave the extra slots gained from the 1750 bug permanent status. They specifically stated when they fixed it that while they wouldn't force anyone to delete characters gained from using the bug, those players would still have to delete enough characters to be below the max before they could create a new character. (The server merge was treated the same way) In effect, you had a bonus character available, but not a bonus slot.

Stanley_Nicholas
04-20-2008, 09:21 PM
Ah, ok. Thanks.