PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Usage Question - please help

techguru
04-17-2008, 10:30 AM
I have a +2 Chr tome (my first) that I got from a vale quest reward. I also hit 1750 favor last night and I hear you get a +2 tome from that also.

I was wondering what I should do.

Option 1 - get a wisdom tome and use the chr tome and use both on Vestri
Vestri 13 cleric / 1 Paladin
22 str
14 dex
14 con
8 int
27 wisdom (18 starting +2 lvups +5 item +2 enh) using the tome would give me a 29 and with a +6 item a total of 30
18 chr (14 base with +4 item) using the tome would give me a 20 chr - not sure of all the benefits of the increase except maybe more turns which I do have 14 atm with maxed Divine Vitality and Divine Healing

Option 2 - Get a +2 wisdom tome from the favor and use it on Vestri and use the +2 Chr tome on something else or a new 32 point build character

Option 3 - Use the favor tome and the chr tome on a new 32 point build cleric or other class.

Option 4 - trade one or both for better gear

Thanks for your suggestions

Teech
04-17-2008, 10:32 AM
tome...

when you do get your tomb, you won't know a thing, much less how to use it.
someone else will help you get comfortable...

binnsr
04-17-2008, 10:32 AM
tombs are pretty easy to use ..
1) die
2) have friends and relatives hold funeral or wake
3) have friends and relatives inter your remains in said tomb.

as for tomes, you can't trade the 1750 tome - I'd use the favor tome to increase your wisdom and trade the CHA tome for a CON tome (helps concentration and hitpoints)

techguru
04-17-2008, 10:43 AM
;-)

Magehound
04-17-2008, 10:48 AM
Yhea the tome from the 1750 favor bind, but you can never have too much con.

rawfocat
04-17-2008, 10:54 AM
Unless you feel that more DVs would be very useful (I do not think it would be) Try and trade for +2 WIS tome and take a CON tome for your favor tome. You can of course try and trade for a CON tome and take a WIS tome, but that will be pretty hard to do.

Also as a poster above mentioned, your favor tome will be bound so it is only useful to you.

samho
04-17-2008, 12:41 PM
Keep your 1750 reward unclaimed if you didn't claim it yet -- then you can go post a trade post about WTT +2 CHA tome for either +2 WIS or +2 CON one. It give you more chance to get one of them (WIS or CON), then use your 1750 to buy the rest (CON or WIS).

techguru
04-17-2008, 12:54 PM
Thank you Samho - funny - I had just done that..

So the general consensuses is to use the tomes for Vestri not a new character and Get a Wis and Con tome

Thanks for the information

Zenako
04-17-2008, 01:02 PM
That character earned them, use them on them. (via trading +2 tomes for the one you want if you need to)

Seriously by the time you bring another character up to level, you will have probably had a chance to pull more tomes anyway.

As for trading, yah depending on your build and playstyle you can make an arguement for CON, STR or CHA with almost equal merit. If you never swing weapons, more STR would be a waste, if you seldom ever take damage due to being a stand in the back cleric, then more CON might not be that valuable, and if you never use any CHA based abilities, then CHA goes down.

CHA does help with turning undead, will give you one more turn/DV/DH/etc, and bump all your CHA based skills by a point (Diplo, Bluff, Haggle, etc.)

Dexxaan
04-17-2008, 01:09 PM
Take your +2 WIS Favor tome and enjoy Vestri.

IMO - You will be quite upset if you eat that +2 Tome on your 28 Pt. Build. and later have to pay thru the nose to get another one.

If Cleric is your favored class, then build a 32 Pt leric and trade that +2 CHA for a +2WIS for example; or if you´d build a Sor for example keep the tome and eat it upon arrival to Stormreach.

Can you Imagine building a Rogue or Skill Based character and trading that CHA tome for a +2 INT and eating it before Level 2?

Anyway you go...Good Luck!

techguru
04-18-2008, 10:37 AM
That character earned them, use them on them. (via trading +2 tomes for the one you want if you need to)

Seriously by the time you bring another character up to level, you will have probably had a chance to pull more tomes anyway.

As for trading, yah depending on your build and playstyle you can make an arguement for CON, STR or CHA with almost equal merit. If you never swing weapons, more STR would be a waste, if you seldom ever take damage due to being a stand in the back cleric, then more CON might not be that valuable, and if you never use any CHA based abilities, then CHA goes down.

CHA does help with turning undead, will give you one more turn/DV/DH/etc, and bump all your CHA based skills by a point (Diplo, Bluff, Haggle, etc.)

Vestri is a warpriest and likes to mix it up.. I am just getting back into the game after being gone so I don't have uber gear but historically speaking with the 1 lv of paladin and improved critical and 22 str - I am not afraid to swing at a badie.
or cast when necessary.. but I am finding that unless you have a good group then you as the cleric are spending all your time healing. no so much in guildie groups but most pug that is.

Thanks for the information
Vestri

techguru
04-18-2008, 10:40 AM
Take your +2 WIS Favor tome and enjoy Vestri.

IMO - You will be quite upset if you eat that +2 Tome on your 28 Pt. Build. and later have to pay thru the nose to get another one.

If Cleric is your favored class, then build a 32 Pt leric and trade that +2 CHA for a +2WIS for example; or if you´d build a Sor for example keep the tome and eat it upon arrival to Stormreach.

Can you Imagine building a Rogue or Skill Based character and trading that CHA tome for a +2 INT and eating it before Level 2?

Anyway you go...Good Luck!

My two highest characters are clerics and I do enjoy playing them, but I think I want a new 32 point character to play with some..
Can decide what would most benefit from a 32 point build. Can't decide Sorcerer? Rogue, Barbarian, or other

What would be your suggestion?
Vestri

Zenako
04-18-2008, 11:27 AM
My two highest characters are clerics and I do enjoy playing them, but I think I want a new 32 point character to play with some..
Can decide what would most benefit from a 32 point build. Can't decide Sorcerer? Rogue, Barbarian, or other

What would be your suggestion?
Vestri

The character types that MOST benefit 32 point builds are those that really want multiple good stats.

Paladins for example can make good cases for wanting High STR, CON, CHA and even WIS. Those extra build points help with the secondary stats.

Combos like a Ranger/Rogue can make a case for almost all 6 stats, many for the just the skills.

Classes like Sorc and Barbarian can often be hard to make a huge difference between 28 and 32, since the key stats were probably already at or near top end and often the secondary stats are of little import, except for perhaps a saving throw bonus hear or there. A pure casting bard is much like a Sorc that way too.

Khurse
04-22-2008, 01:44 PM
I just managed to aqquire a +1 Wis tome, and since I'm thinking of rolling (and actually playing to end) a cleric figured it might come in handy,
is it better though (for a 28 pt build, Im so far from 1750 it's not even funny, or maybe it is, just not to me ;) ) to build a 17 Wis and use the tome to get it to 18, or build to 18 (as I had planned) and have the tome put me to 19 starting?

Or would it (likely) be best to not even bother with a +1 tome on a Cleric for main stat, as I'll probably eventually get a +2?

Zenako
04-22-2008, 01:50 PM
I just managed to aqquire a +1 Wis tome, and since I'm thinking of rolling (and actually playing to end) a cleric figured it might come in handy,
is it better though (for a 28 pt build, Im so far from 1750 it's not even funny, or maybe it is, just not to me ;) ) to build a 17 Wis and use the tome to get it to 18, or build to 18 (as I had planned) and have the tome put me to 19 starting?

Or would it (likely) be best to not even bother with a +1 tome on a Cleric for main stat, as I'll probably eventually get a +2?

Well when and if that character reaches 1750 you can make the call then, but I would read it early for a cleric and take advantage of the +1 all along the way to give you more SP, and better DCs on spells. At 1750 you might actually want to give the cleric more CHA or CON or even STR perhaps. IF the +2 at that point would only bring you to an odd point, it would make little difference.

WeaselKing
04-22-2008, 01:56 PM
Tombs are where dead people are buried or stored. Also see rouge.

That is all.