PDA

View Full Version : 400 Silver Flame Needs bolts

Naso24
04-17-2008, 02:05 AM
I have a suggestion for Mod 7 that would not take a whole lot of work.
To get 400 silver flame favor, you have to do nearly every silver flame quest on elite. The options on this vendor should scale to reflect that.

The 400 favor silver flame vendor only sells arrows (not bolts). This really doesn't make a lot of sense, since bows are not a cleric class weapon. Crosbows are.

Please add the equivalent in bolts. Even better, please add some options (holy, pure good). Another change that would be cool is +3 silver arrows/bolts, +3 returning silver arrows/bolts.

Quell potions?
Cure Crit potions? (no weaken effect)
Reduced cost cure critical wands (same price or 3/4 as cure serious)
Reduced cost heal scrolls (1/2 price)
Level 11 cure serious wands
Level 11 cure critical wands

All bound items so no handing them off.

Thoughts? Any other ideas to make this vendor interesting?

Emili
04-17-2008, 05:58 AM
I think it's arrows because of thier Faith...

Follower of the Silver Flame
You are one of the Purified, a true believer in the Silver Flame. Burn the corruption and taint of evil from all Eberron. Grants a +1 bonus to hit with longbows, the favored weapon of the clergy of the Silver Flame.

tihocan
04-17-2008, 06:54 AM
But I would like bolts as wel :)

Turial
04-17-2008, 11:33 AM
There could be an interesting bit of synergy between the house D vendor, House J and the silver flame one. Once you have the current top tier or some combination when you talk to one of them they could respond "oh I see you are (insert rank) with (insert patron). This allows me to offer the following things to you"

If you have the house D favor you then get access to sturdy arrows in the types that the silver flame offers and at house D you would get access to sturdy cold iron and silver arrows.

If you have the house J favor you then get access to potions cure wands with higher caster levels on them (if thats possible) or better (ie lessen the penalty) cure pots from the silver flame guy. At house J you might get access to things like vials of holy water for use against the undead and cheaper wands or something.

Also bolts would be good for those that like crossbows.

Yaga_Nub
04-17-2008, 12:44 PM
I think it's arrows because of thier Faith...

Follower of the Silver Flame
You are one of the Purified, a true believer in the Silver Flame. Burn the corruption and taint of evil from all Eberron. Grants a +1 bonus to hit with longbows, the favored weapon of the clergy of the Silver Flame.

I think you are on to something there.

Naso24
04-17-2008, 07:05 PM
Good catch.

I still think it would be better if both arrows and bolts were sold, or simply a greater array of items.