PDA

View Full Version : halfling mobs

Garth_of_Sarlona
04-14-2008, 11:55 PM
I can name the quests that have evil halfling npcs for us to kill on one hand (ok, at the moment I can only think of Bounty Hunter but I'm sure there are more). I love killing those lovable little mini-dwarves that could fit in your backpack. I even have some greater halfling bane weapons stashed away somewhere that I never get to use (except in PVP - apparently Kargon is rolling a halfling monk that should be fun to kill).

Devs - Can you please make module 7 be called something like 'Revenge of the Halfling' and have a raid with a purple named Halfling end boss with DR 30. Or failing that, maybe a purple named ooze, or a rust monster... hmm... gelatinous cube...

Thanks in advance,

Garth

Naturelaughslast
04-15-2008, 12:16 AM
True, halfings are god's little punch lines, lol. I agree; we need halfling boss love here. Where is the named 20,000 hp boss halfing? Or maybe we can get a bunch of them that stack on top of one another to make a big super halfling type person(I have no idea what to name that)!! Heck I just belive if we got a huge named kobold in the shroud raid we can surely get a uber halfing. RawR!

Disclaimer: No halfling's were hurt, injured or killed in the making of this post. Any information contained pertaining to real life halfing's is purely coincidental and the poster cannot be held liable. Muahahaha I'm covered on all sides now =)

Hvymetal
04-15-2008, 06:26 AM
Personally I like the Silver Flame quest in House P where you get to kill not so evil but just a squishey halflings :)

Yvonne_Blacksword
04-15-2008, 09:11 AM
halflings are the ones with the tails that say disfraboo...or something...I think I remember a yark or two...
they are in most of the quests in the harbor...

Oh...and reptile bane works on them!

Allistair
04-15-2008, 09:19 AM
halflings are the ones with the tails that say disfraboo...or something...I think I remember a yark or two...
they are in most of the quests in the harbor...

Oh...and reptile bane works on them!

Don't forget about those dang flying Halflins tooo
I know banishhing works on them :)

Now if we could just banish ALL the Halflins.........

LOTR would be over populated LOL
I mean they have to go somewhere, right?

chewwook
04-19-2008, 04:29 PM
Kinda defeats the purpose of being a halfling, from an all-halfling toon person's perspective. Instead, picture this.

Your party enters the ruins and suddenly a cloud moves in front of the sun. You hear whispers and small shuffling feet all around you- from the rafters, the walls, even from the doorway you just entered through. You turn to back out, but realize all too late that there are as many following your progress from behind as there are waiting your entrance ahead. You're trapped.

Eight halfling chieftains, elevated above the croqding mass but the dinosaurs they ride in on, are looking at you as if they've already divvied up your loot. The only thing holding them back is their subtle glances to one rea of the crowd. You are sure that somewhere in there is the true halfling leader. With a high-pitched barbarian howl, the horde attacks.

Imagine a raid where you are fighting massive amounts of moderately-strong halflings, many rogues and rangers with evasions, paladins with their auras, and diverse casters and clerics, high saving throws with evasion to overcome all but the most skilled casters. THF swinging like crazy to keep mobs away from the casters as they circle the wagons.

We don't need another big tough halfling- we need a battle against many that includes some characters with the same strnegths of a regular party. What makes raid parties so strong is that they have a little of everything- let the halfling raiders have a similar makeup and take them on!

I'm getting pumped up just picturing it.

DNDJESS
04-19-2008, 04:35 PM
Your party enters the ruins and suddenly a cloud moves in front of the sun. You hear whispers and small shuffling feet all around you- from the rafters, the walls, even from the doorway you just entered through.

NO! If we can't climb walls, neither can they! ;)

chewwook
04-20-2008, 12:04 AM
they're being like slimes, dropping from the walls but not climbing up them. Hey, if things are gonna be fair between mobs and players, how about the halflings wait inside for a minute and take care of all those buffs ;)

MrCow
04-20-2008, 12:23 AM
These humanoid-vermin can be found in:

Purge the Heretics
Caged Trolls
Bounty Hunter
Foundation of Discord
Orchard of the Macabre
Inferno of the Damned
The Enemy Within
Hiding in Plain Sight

I might have missed a quest or quest area, but there are few areas they show up in.

There are also a few places you can find halfling zombies, but they are fairly rare as far as zombies go.

GeneralDiomedes
04-20-2008, 12:43 AM
For the longest time I thought Gerti was a fat halfling ..

also, there might be some at the end of Ruined Halls, and I think the quickfoot raiding party in Swiped Signet features a Halfling bard.

Cendaer
04-20-2008, 02:03 AM
I can name the quests that have evil halfling npcs for us to kill on one hand (ok, at the moment I can only think of Bounty Hunter but I'm sure there are more). I love killing those lovable little mini-dwarves that could fit in your backpack. I even have some greater halfling bane weapons stashed away somewhere that I never get to use (except in PVP - apparently Kargon is rolling a halfling monk that should be fun to kill).

Devs - Can you please make module 7 be called something like 'Revenge of the Halfling' and have a raid with a purple named Halfling end boss with DR 30. Or failing that, maybe a purple named ooze, or a rust monster... hmm... gelatinous cube...

Thanks in advance,

Garth

For a "quick-fix," perhaps we could have something like "Kobold Assault" ala Halflings, and maybe bump up the level a little bit?

I've always liked unexpected monsters as bosses. Hordes of lesser monsters are also fun.

esoitl
04-20-2008, 02:08 AM

Purge the Heretics
Caged Trolls
Bounty Hunter
Foundation of Discord
Orchard of the Macabre
Inferno of the Damned
The Enemy Within
Hiding in Plain Sight

I might have missed a quest or quest area, but there are few areas they show up in.

There are also a few places you can find halfling zombies, but they are fairly rare as far as zombies go.

one of the Heart Tombs - haven't run them enough to know them apart very well but the one where you have to slay Vassel's of the Faith
those are all halfling zombies
i beleive zombie halflings are also in The Missing Ward in the harbour and some of the other harbour quests as well
other than that you don't see them that often but they are so cute

DNDJESS
04-20-2008, 02:45 AM
they're being like slimes, dropping from the walls but not climbing up them.

Well how do you suppose they'd get up there? By catapault?

Meriadeuc
04-20-2008, 08:11 PM

Purge the Heretics
Caged Trolls
Bounty Hunter
Foundation of Discord
Orchard of the Macabre
Inferno of the Damned
The Enemy Within
Hiding in Plain Sight

The end boss in "The Graverobber" (Deathshadow) is also a halfling.

Hambo
04-21-2008, 01:11 PM
One of the Gianthold quests has halflings. I can't remember which one even though I ran it the other day.