PDA

View Full Version : Symbol Spell timers

Ustice
04-12-2008, 04:06 PM
Why are the Symbol spells all on the same timer, and why is it so long? Can we get a second look at them, please? As someone that plays a cleric specializing in Enchantment, it is a little frustrating to be stuck waiting to long to cast another symbol, or having to basically stick to just one, since I can't cast more than one at a time.

In_Like_Flynn
04-13-2008, 11:43 PM
To prevent abuse.

Mr._Dna
04-14-2008, 06:16 AM
I dunno, right now, the cooldown timer is about twice as long as the duration of the spell itself. They could at least make them the same. Plus, I don't see how putting up 10 symbols of stunning is any worse than 10 disco balls.

Mad_Bombardier
04-15-2008, 10:23 AM
I dunno, right now, the cooldown timer is about twice as long as the duration of the spell itself. They could at least make them the same. Plus, I don't see how putting up 10 symbols of stunning is any worse than 10 disco balls.So, they should be on timers, but not universal all symbol spell timers. Besides, Symbols fade very quickly after being tripped, so that mechanic has already been fixed.

tihocan
04-15-2008, 01:06 PM
Plus, I don't see how putting up 10 symbols of stunning is any worse than 10 disco balls.
I agree, discoballs should be on higher timer as well :p

Angelus_dead
04-15-2008, 01:10 PM
I agree, discoballs should be on higher timer as well :p
A better gameplay solution would be to link those spells so that casting another dismisses your previous one.

That achieves the desired effect of limiting the number of lingering spells a player can deploy at once, without overly penalizing players whose spell lands in the wrong location through no fault of his own.

tihocan
04-15-2008, 01:24 PM
A better gameplay solution would be to link those spells so that casting another dismisses your previous one.

That achieves the desired effect of limiting the number of lingering spells a player can deploy at once, without overly penalizing players whose spell lands in the wrong location through no fault of his own.
I agree, that was also my preferred solution when they nerfed the AoE's durations.

Ikuryo
04-15-2008, 07:02 PM
You do realize you can cast up to 4 different symbols are once before they start expiring right. Without using scrolls. Calling on a nerf for a spell for a different class is also a good way to cause discord. Just because a spell for your class does not work the way you want don't try getting the spells of another class changed or you will find it harder in general to play.

Disco balls have a duration of 1 minute at lvl 15 with a recast of 20 seconds, recast is 1/5th the duration. Symbol spells have a duration of 5 minutes with a recast of 1 minute, also 1/5th.

If anything you should be asking for the symbol line to be changed to match the way that disco balls work. Trying to think of some special way to screw up another class is just going to annoy a lot of people.