PDA

View Full Version : The Black Plague opens recruitment...for AoC

actaeon
04-11-2008, 08:51 PM
The prophecy is set...darkness is spreading…corruption takes life within the very souls of all who come into contact with the mysterious force. The morals integrated within the minds of man lie shattered in ruins. To replace the void, is a newly born bloodlust, a yearning instilled within to spread ruthlessly, overwhelming all who oppose. Darkness is most definitely spreading, it is inevitable. It finds this new land to be quite a suitable host to take hold in…Hyboria, infested with death, betrayal and greed. A land where this potent, relentless force may find limitless manifestation…The Black Plague is rising, it would be wise not to resist…

The Black Plague is an MMO PvP guild who has been on DDO a while now and with the upcoming release of Age of Conan, we'll be saying our goodbyes to this great game. The superior combat of DDO has attracted many of our members although they remain disappointed witih the PvP mechanics so we're moving on. Many players on Ghallanda and Khyber are familiar with our playstyle, if you are interested in The Black Plague you can visit us at FearThePlague.com (http://FearThePlague.com) for more details or you need a guild for Age of Conan as we prefer to get as many DDO players as possible!

Uska
04-11-2008, 08:53 PM
you should corupt this fourm of this vastly superior game with mention of that horrible horrible game and yes I do know what I am talking about, well good luck with your guild anyways. Sorry you didnt like pvp here but dnd has never been and never will be about pvp. I still found pvp in conan lacking though but maybe they will improve it, at least its still better then wow(AoC that is)

moorewr
04-11-2008, 08:56 PM
you should corupt this fourm with mention of that horrible horrible game and yes I do know what I am talking about, well good luck with your guild anyways.

Not to hijack.. but everything I've seen as far as AoC combat goes has left me cold.. but I haven't tried it first hand.. it sure *looks* like WoW style click-n-wait.. is there more to it?

actaeon
04-11-2008, 09:08 PM
you should corupt this fourm of this vastly superior game with mention of that horrible horrible game and yes I do know what I am talking about, well good luck with your guild anyways. Sorry you didnt like pvp here but dnd has never been and never will be about pvp. I still found pvp in conan lacking though but maybe they will improve it, at least its still better then wow(AoC that is)

It seems to me like you are much more of a DnD player than an MMO player, I didn't ask for opinions on the game, if you're not interested in what I posted than don't post here its pretty simple. And you saying "I do know what I'm talking about" insinuating that you are in beta doesn't mean its a bad game just because you are in beta and it wasn't for you. We have many players in beta who think quite opposite of your opinion but thank you for your input anyway. Also, I didn't complain about DDO not being a PvP game, I said many of our players are there because of the awesome combat, just wish there was more to the pvp and that is why we are moving on and welcoming those with the same views.

-as to your "corruption" reference, that is why this post is in off topic and not in general discussion which undoubtedly would've gotten this thread more views.

Uska
04-11-2008, 09:15 PM
It seems to me like you are much more of a DnD player than an MMO player, I didn't ask for opinions on the game, if you're not interested in what I posted than don't post here its pretty simple. And you saying "I do know what I'm talking about" insinuating that you are in beta doesn't mean its a bad game just because you are in beta and it wasn't for you. We have many players in beta who think quite opposite of your opinion but thank you for your input anyway. Also, I didn't complain about DDO not being a PvP game, I said many of our players are there because of the awesome combat, just wish there was more to the pvp and that is why we are moving on and welcoming those with the same views.

-as to your "corruption" reference, that is why this post is in off topic and not in general discussion which undoubtedly would've gotten this thread more views.

Combat there isnt all that awesome if it was then I would be going to it, combos make it very much like wow in button pushing, if its combat was like it sounded in early development it could possilbly be the best game ever but sadly its not.

actaeon
04-11-2008, 09:16 PM
Not to hijack.. but everything I've seen as far as AoC combat goes has left me cold.. but I haven't tried it first hand.. it sure *looks* like WoW style click-n-wait.. is there more to it?

This (http://www.gamespot.com/video/927504/6187806/age-of-conan-hyborian-adventures-official-trailer-13) looks like WoW to you? I think you have been misinformed...

Uska
04-11-2008, 09:16 PM

Not fully like wow but there was to much button pushing for me pvp types will most certainly like it more then ddo or wow

actaeon
04-11-2008, 09:17 PM
Combat there isnt all that awesome if it was then I would be going to it, combos make it very much like wow in button pushing, if its combat was like it sounded in early development it could possilbly be the best game ever but sadly its not.

I agree that the combat isn't as good as in DDO, but we are a PvP guild and the FFA servers are very enticing, and the combat is superior to MOST games, not DDO, however for the PvP preferred players, this game will be better than DDO. This game has a massive gorgeous world, with incredible quests and less instancing than DDO as well even if PvP isn't your main priority.

Uska
04-11-2008, 09:23 PM
I agree that the combat isn't as good as in DDO, but we are a PvP guild and the FFA servers are very enticing, and the combat is superior to MOST games, not DDO, however for the PvP preferred players, this game will be better than DDO. This game has a massive gorgeous world, with incredible quests and less instancing than DDO as well even if PvP isn't your main priority.

The world should be pretty awesome and while its not for me right now I will keep watching it to see if that changes and they add some of the stuff back in that I wanted and as far as pvp it should be better then any out there right now and most pvp types should have a great time. Like I said I wish you and yours good luck. I was hoping for a lot from AoC since I have been a fan of Conan a bit longer then I have dnd and I have been playing that for 30+ years, ahh well maybe they will get there.

actaeon
04-11-2008, 11:04 PM
Spellweaving is confirmed to be in the game now as well so this will only add to the intriguing combat of not only melee directional attacks and blocking, but innovative casting as well. Again, anyone interested in AoC check their site out or ours and if you would like a PvP guild apply at FearThePlague.com