PDA

View Full Version : Art update?

Kobash
04-10-2008, 11:21 PM
I'm curious if there is any talk about an art update anytime soon. I'd love to see more equipment graphics on toons, such as cloaks, hoods, maybe even weapon sheaths, or some way to wear your favorite weapon so that it can be seen without being in your hands.

It would also be nice if there was a vendor you could go to in order to change color patterns on existing robes and armors.

Lundivar
04-12-2008, 03:41 PM
That would be a real good refresh to the game, especially after 2 years. Or at least add some more details to the games at high graphic detail levels such as the mentioned capes, and such. New content is good, but I think a general refresh would also enhance the game as a whole.

And having adjustable transparency hot bars (and 3D instead of flat, why not?) would be good too!

Stormanne
04-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Now don't hold me to this, but I think I read somewhere that with Mod 7, there were going to be some serious art updates. I believe there is also supposed to be a DX10 revamp for Vista users. Again, cannot remember where I read it or if it was slated for Mod 7...

Deaths_ward
04-12-2008, 04:50 PM
I think it would be awesome if we could have all our gear showing, and have it work like /showhelmet on/off for each piece. I want my super man cape.

GeneralDiomedes
04-12-2008, 05:31 PM
DX10 would help, as would revisiting some of the more pixellated textures out there. For example, the mossy marble ones look good from a distance, but not up close.

And one day they should also fix the issue with mob movement animations not matching their actual movement speed. It would sure add to the suspension of disbelief.

In_Like_Flynn
04-13-2008, 11:29 PM
I'd like to see an update as well. Good idea.

Ransacked
04-14-2008, 09:58 AM
I'd also like to see this implemented but with a twist using the favor system.

Favor X: Cloaks are visible
Favor X: New weapon location while not in combat
Favor X: Character Aura or animations like floating runes or sigils

Kobash
04-16-2008, 12:49 AM

I think this is a great idea.

Kistilan
04-16-2008, 08:50 AM

/signed

Really good idea for the favor system.

Kobash
04-18-2008, 03:06 PM
I think it would be a great addition for there to be a vendor that can alter the color scheme of existing armor, clothes, robes, and headwear. The favor system could be tied to this as well, with certain colors available at higher tiers (everyone wants to be the man in black, so why not make them work for it). I imagine the interface could be a little like the character generator with color palette options.

This system might even be nice to incorporate a barber or stylist should a character ever want a makover, such as changing hair style and color, and maybe even eye and skin color - with magic, anything is possible.