PDA

View Full Version : FINAL ROUND! The Escapist March Mayhem Developer Showdown!

Quarion
04-07-2008, 10:45 AM
It's the final round in the March Mayhem Developer Showdown at The Escapist Magazine! Thanks to everyone who voted for us in the previous rounds - there was some fierce competition! This time we're up against fellow Boston-area developer / rock 'n roll behemoth Harmonix. Register for your free account at the Escapist and show your support - click here (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/328.56943) to vote!

Cowdenicus
04-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Quarion LIVES.

Some of us were starting to get worried you took a vacation or something....

Muirtach
04-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Quarion LIVES.

Some of us were starting to get worried you took a vacation or something....

I had assumed he was actually working on some of that stuff in his sig as opposed to babysitting all the kids who can't play nice

Cowdenicus
04-07-2008, 12:17 PM
I had assumed he was actually working on some of that stuff in his sig as opposed to babysitting all the kids who can't play nice

True, but he could have pulled a fun April Fools Gag or something........

like -1 stat tomes or something :D

Dylos_Moon
04-07-2008, 12:28 PM
ZOMG Quarion is alive, where was Tolero hiding you? She wants your job, doesn't she?

Well, this throws my conspiracy theory out the window, now I need a new one...hmm...

Gratch
04-07-2008, 12:34 PM
Ooh... Mod 7 is in QA? Does that mean Risia will soon get Monks?

I mean, Vote Turbine.

sigtrent
04-07-2008, 02:54 PM
Congrats! I'm imagining a lot of this is due to the LOTRO fans but among MMO developers I've had contact with Turbine is usualy the most open, honest and reasonable which goes a long way. You can't make everyone happy of course but it seems like you've managed to get the lions share.

It also looks like you are going to trounce Harmonix.

cdbd3rd
04-07-2008, 04:50 PM
ZOMG Quarion is alive, where was Tolero hiding you? She wants your job, doesn't she?

Well, this throws my conspiracy theory out the window, now I need a new one...hmm...

Head over to that voting forum - they've got plenty to spare... ;)

(Stuffed ballot box, indeed...) sheesh.:p

query
04-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Seriously, the answer was a no brainer when Harmonix was the final competitor. They don't even do GH3, and DDO alone was better than the company's combined offerings.

So, Tolero let Q out JUST long enough to post that.

Now Q, back in your Developer's cage you! *Whips* There're MONKS to release! *Whips harder*

Kindoki
04-07-2008, 08:42 PM
FYI - CA Website Inspector marks Escapist as high risk because it hides its ownership. Don't know if that will slow people down or not, but I figured it was worth mentioning...

Raiyea
04-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Turbine is still in the lead, but Harmonix has gone up 4%. In ten minutes.

If you haven't voted yet, go register and show Turbine some love!

"And that's all I have to say about that."

Kraldor
04-08-2008, 05:07 PM
Grats to Turbine on winning!

Beherit_Baphomar
04-08-2008, 05:13 PM
Did we win yet?

Kraldor
04-08-2008, 05:16 PM
Did we win yet?
Yep voting is over, Turbine - 733, Harmonix - 464

Beherit_Baphomar
04-08-2008, 05:18 PM
Yep voting is over, Turbine - 733, Harmonix - 464

We roxxorz.

Hvymetal
04-09-2008, 05:55 AM
While I found the competition interesting (yes I voted, suprisingly I had a login w/ The Escapist before that I had forgotten about yet never posted in their forums), I found the flame wars amusing and rather childish, honestly I keep hearing about how good the LOTRO community is, but I didn't see it demonstrated here, nor usually when I go to their forums.

Congarts Turbine, but I must say some of the fans make me shake my head.