PDA

View Full Version : Inscribing?

Elfboy
04-06-2008, 06:20 PM
OK, so I have the Symbol Of lame scroll. On it it says minimum level 5, caster level 7. So I bought spell inscription lvl 5 stuff and tried to inscribe. It says I don't have the required components. So I bought a level 7 set, it says the same thing, so I bought a lvl 6 set for feces n giggles, same thing. What the f...?! Those inscription materials are pricy!

S1gma
04-06-2008, 06:26 PM
IIRC Min level 5 is what you have to be to use the scroll, caster level is what level the scroll will cast as (cast as if you were a level 7 caster, no metter what your level really is.)

The spell level for Symbol of Flame is.... ahh, Im too lazt to look it up right now, and I haven't played caster in a long time..... but you can look it up easy and check the level of the spell.

HTH

Edit Okay so I was unusually unlazy.... it is a level four spell.

Elfboy
04-06-2008, 06:31 PM
IIRC Min level 5 is what you have to be to use the scroll, caster level is what level the scroll will cast as (cast as if you were a level 7 caster, no metter what your level really is.)

The spell level for Symbol of Flame is.... ahh, Im too lazt to look it up right now, and I haven't played caster in a long time..... but you can look it up easy and check the level of the spell.

HTH

Edit Okay so I was unusually unlazy.... it is a level four spell.I'm lvl 7 pure wiz. Scroll says "minimum level 5, caster level 7".

Electric_Pulses
04-06-2008, 06:48 PM
it's a lvl 4 spell therefore inscirbe it using lvl 4 inscription materials

Elfboy
04-06-2008, 07:17 PM
it's a lvl 4 spell therefore inscirbe it using lvl 4 inscription materials

I got it. Why on the scrolls is the spells actual level printed on it? Not all of us memorize every single spell lvl/description! :p

McNastySavage
01-31-2019, 09:21 PM
Are you supposed to move it to the spellbook after you learn it to use it? Or is it like the PNP version (depending on DM of course.) where you learned the spell and you can use it freely?

Morningfrost
02-01-2019, 12:28 AM
Are you supposed to move it to the spellbook after you learn it to use it? Or is it like the PNP version (depending on DM of course.) where you learned the spell and you can use it freely?

Some people will complain about necroing an 11 year old thread, but I actually like it!

If you play a Wizard or an Artificer, you have an Iscribe Spell feat that you can put on the hotbar. You can then select a scroll and iscribe it in your spellbook: you will need level appropriate spell inscription materials, that you can buy in arcane shops.

After that, the spell will be permanently avaiable in your spellbook (until you reincarnate) and you can select it in an available spell slot in a tavern or after resting at a shrine (there is a shiny icon in the upper left corner of the screen when you can do that). To prepare spells, go to your character sheet, under the "Spells" tab.

Useful links:

https://ddowiki.com/page/Inscribe
https://ddowiki.com/page/Inscription_Material

NemesisAlien
02-01-2019, 06:50 AM
OK, so I have the Symbol Of lame scroll. On it it says minimum level 5, caster level 7. So I bought spell inscription lvl 5 stuff and tried to inscribe. It says I don't have the required components. So I bought a level 7 set, it says the same thing, so I bought a lvl 6 set for feces n giggles, same thing. What the f...?! Those inscription materials are pricy!

I bet casting symbol of lame on an end boss would be hilarious ;)

McNastySavage
02-01-2019, 03:31 PM
[QUOTE=Morningfrost;6178407]
After that, the spell will be permanently available in your spellbook (until you reincarnate) and you can select it in an available spell slot in a tavern or after resting at a shrine (there is a shiny icon in the upper left corner of the screen when you can do that). To prepare spells, go to your character sheet, under the "Spells" tab.

Reincarnate? As in start as a past life? Or resurrect?
So basically, you have to use a spell slot that you have open in your spellbook. Moving it into an Lv3 Spot or so on?