PDA

View Full Version : Idea

Kamboe
04-03-2008, 10:43 AM
In the Gianthold, there is a guy to trade relics to, 3:1, Elf, Giant, or Dragon. Could there be another guy to trade scales to? It wouldn't be the same ratio, because no one would use him. My idea would be for the cost of 1 Scale + 10kpp you get to pick a different color scale. So if you had 10 Blacks, 10 Blues, and 5 Whites, and you wanted a White Robe, you wouldnt have to search forever on the forums for a trade, you can pay 200kpp and trade those blacks and blues for whites.

Good or Bad idea?

unionyes
04-03-2008, 10:46 AM
If that idea was implemented, it would be a lot harder for people to get characters blooded for the Reaver.

I have two characters that are blooded and am working on a third (in the process of gathering relics). Both times my blooded characters got a group to go through Tor and do all three dragons, most of the party was scale hunting. Making it easier to swap scales would reduce the number of times people who want to use scales would have to run Gianthold Tor, making it harder for those who are trying to get blooded for the Reaver.

Varr
04-03-2008, 10:59 AM
Would be more a tool for rare uses I think. The Ah seems to have pretty ready supply of available scales for about $30 k plat each. Not sure if there selling well, but I tend to pick them up when they droop to $20-25 k plat each. If 10k plat was the number I would think most would be inclined to keep there scale and pay the extra $15-20 k to aquire a new one from ah. I have the luxury also of being in a mid sized guild and have not had much problem either trading scales in clan, or talking them into a fast tor run. You are deff right about no one trading 2 for 1 even on the scales. It would have to be a 1 for 1 trade with some type of kicker to get used much. Not entirly sure how much more available the armor is intended to be though. I ve run 20 tor runs or so to flag (finding proabably 25 of the 100 i have uses so far,) and aquired some scales, but someone has and is farming it (to boring for me) and they are selling the scales at a price that you can ah a nice item and buy a suit with proceeds. Got 4 sets currently (buying the other 75 or so scales, est about 1.6 mill plat invested in them (they have gone up a little since shroud),) and I dont think I have spent an exorbanant amount of time or plat doing so. So after blathering for awhile I like the idea for newer players in softer or no guilds, but not sure that player is going to work on getting the 25 scales of any type or the plat to buy them. Having a tough time getting my head around the circumstances and player that would really use this as the situation is currently (player needs, cost and availablity of scales.........I would guess I have roughly 6 scales and 400k plat into each set that I have in play)

Strakeln
04-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Tija used to run a relic swapper on his mule account (Safety Net).

I've thought about opening a QwijyExchange, where you could swap things like relics/scales/ingredients, but I don't have the bagspace and don't want a third account. But if someone is interested in opening one up, let me know.

Kamboe
04-03-2008, 02:08 PM
If that idea was implemented, it would be a lot harder for people to get characters blooded for the Reaver.

I have two characters that are blooded and am working on a third (in the process of gathering relics). Both times my blooded characters got a group to go through Tor and do all three dragons, most of the party was scale hunting. Making it easier to swap scales would reduce the number of times people who want to use scales would have to run Gianthold Tor, making it harder for those who are trying to get blooded for the Reaver.

You still have to find a scale to trade it in, unless you buy the wrong color off the AH.....

Mad_Bombardier
04-03-2008, 04:36 PM
I've thought about opening a QwijyExchange, where you could swap things like relics/scales/ingredients, but I don't have the bagspace and don't want a third account. But if someone is interested in opening one up, let me know.The problem there is that even with 2:1 or 3:1 exchange, you're gonna end up with tons of the junk that's easy to farm (lily petals/locust husks) or no one wants (white scales). But, more power to you if you start the service!