PDA

View Full Version : YACP version 1.0

jjflanigan
04-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Here is Yet Another Crafting Planner -

I made it to spit out the data in a format that was easiest for me to digest, so you may find it hideous.

I haven't added in the tier 3 effects because I haven't had time to stick them in the database yet.

When you select a greensteel thing, it will update the effect lists based upon whether you selected an item or a weapon.

Conversely, if you select an effect first, it will update the greensteel list accordingly.

If you select a tier 2 bonus effect, it will update the tier 1 and tier 2 effect lists to only show ones that can be used to get to that result.

Conversely, when you select a tier 1 or 2 effect, it updates the bonus effect list to removes ones that are no longer available.

The top box fills in as a "Shopping list" of the totals for what you will need

The bottom box fills in with the step-by-step instructions as well as the location at which you do the crafting.

Enjoi.

http://perfectweb.org/ddo/crafting/base_crafting.php

dragonoffrost
04-02-2008, 02:11 PM
This is a very nice utility to figure out what you need and how to put it together.

Thanks!

elmerius
04-02-2008, 04:50 PM
Great work!

Sanadil
04-03-2008, 07:34 AM
Not bad, might be able to manipulate the crafting planner stand alone to do this too. One thing I noticed, if you select the tier 2 bonus first, in my example Aspect of Dust, it forces earth as tier 1, when you could take negative at tier 1 too....

Edit, ok that's weird lol, second time I did it to make sure I wasn't seeing things, it put Negative First, and Earth Second... Anyways, it revolves around selecting a greensteel, and tier 2 bonus, you'll notice Tier 1 is forced one direction, and Tier 2 the other...

jjflanigan
04-03-2008, 05:35 PM
I was a little too stringent on the tier1 / tier2 focus restrictions. I've corrected that so you can use either combination to reach a goal.

I've added in the tier3 effects and bonus effects. I wasn't sure on the final restrictions for the tier 3 bonus effects --

Do you have to use a specific gem / essence to get the result?

Do the gem and essence have to match what you used in tier 1 / 2?

Regardless, the majority of the logic is in place and seems to be working as desired. The only thing out of place is that the tier 2 bonus effects list doesn't update properly based upon your tier 3 bonus effect selection. But other than that, it all seems (to me at least) to work as intended.

Let me know if you see any other issues with it and I'll attempt to knock them out.

jjflanigan
04-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Alright - I believe I have the logic fixed for limiting tier 2 bonuses when you select a tier 3 bonus so you can go top down all the way.

Jadeare
04-03-2008, 09:57 PM
I think you've done a bang up job. Really helped make the crafting process a bit clearer.

Keep up the good work.

Mockduck
04-03-2008, 10:45 PM
I really like that it narrows your choices based on what you pick - makes it much easier to understand. I also really like the "total items needed" bit. very good!

jjflanigan
04-03-2008, 11:41 PM
I really like that it narrows your choices based on what you pick - makes it much easier to understand. I also really like the "total items needed" bit. very good!

Thank you -- I've just cleared up a bit of logic that could kludge up the works and also added in two buttons to allow you to export the ingredient list or instruction list for easy printing / saving.

Newtons_Apple
04-04-2008, 12:42 AM
Wow. I mean, wow.

jjflanigan
04-05-2008, 11:44 AM
Wow. I mean, wow.

I hope that's a good wow :)

I've got it updated with all the logic for restricting upgrades from the tier 3 bonus down through tier 1 (including making your tier 2 shards match on gem and essence if you are crafting a tier 3 bonus). I believe everything is functioning properly at this point and am not aware of any bugs in it.

jjflanigan
04-09-2008, 07:00 AM
I've modified the backend for it to make it more extensible. I'll now be able to easily add in new altars, ingredients, components and items as "real crafting" is added into the game later.

I went back through and tested and all of the other logic should still be 100% functional.

jjflanigan
04-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Updated the way it displays bonus effect descriptions to prevent the overlap in the drop down

Arkat
04-11-2008, 10:18 PM
jjflanigan,

Neat little utility!

One thing though. Please re-check how you're calculating Power cells.

I believe you only need 10 for the Tier 3 upgrade. Your calculator says I need 11.

You need 4 to create the first shard, 4 to create the second shard, 1 to combine the shards to create the super shard, and finally 1 to upgrade your green steel item with the super shard. That's 10.

jjflanigan
04-12-2008, 06:52 AM
You were right -- when I was adding in the logic for the double shards, I forgot to remove the ingredient step for putting the first shard in the item so it was listing 1 extra cell. All fixed now.

Thank you

jjflanigan
04-16-2008, 10:13 AM
Updated a few descriptions for clarity.

Arkat
04-30-2008, 10:33 AM
jjflanigan,

Ran into another bug.

When I use your utility to create a Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 item (neg/neg/neg), the number of power cells given is incorrect. At each stage I need 5 (3 to create the gem, essence, etc., 1 to imbue the shard and 1 to combine the shard with the item). At each stage your utility says I need 4.

Could you correct that?

I don't know if I get the same result on a weapon. I haven't tried it.

jjflanigan
04-30-2008, 11:39 AM
All fixed. Sorry, I had corrected the names of the energy cells to accurately match the names in game, but forgot to update my logic to match.

Thank you for letting me know.

Arkat
06-26-2008, 09:25 AM
jjflanigan,

Please, oh please update your crafting planner with the new Greensteel recipes!

Yours is the easiest one to use I've found and I do hope you'll continue to update it.

Thanks!

jjflanigan
06-28-2008, 10:16 AM
jjflanigan,

Please, oh please update your crafting planner with the new Greensteel recipes!

Yours is the easiest one to use I've found and I do hope you'll continue to update it.

Thanks!

Just got the weapon tool updated and I'm working on adding in the recipes to the crafting planner as well now.

Arkat
06-30-2008, 09:53 PM
I'm really jonesing for that update man!

jjflanigan
07-03-2008, 09:33 PM
Should be good to go with all the new weapons now.

Arkat
07-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Yay, it works great!

Thanks man!