PDA

View Full Version : Pally/Cleric Splash

williamthecleric
04-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Should I start out as a cleric or Pally? Just looking for opinions.
Thanks

paintedman
04-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Low levels don't need as much hitting power, and you will be able to group easily, however...and this is big, Pallys and Clerics don't mix, its like cousins...just don't do it. Sure lots of similarities, but at the end of the day, its just asking for trouble, uncle dad.

To each his own,

-paint

IgorUnchained
04-03-2008, 05:38 AM
Paladin and Cleric mix just fine...I just wouldnt take any more than one level of Cleric.

Clerics need Wisdom and Charisma...so do Paladins (plus Strength and Constitution).

I would keep Wisdom low and try to get Charisma as high as possible. This will help with Lay on Hands...UMD....and Divine Vitality. If you take Cleric early, you are going to get about 3 levels of easy cleric training before your icon changes to a Paladin icon and people you quest with dont see you as a cleric. That is tough for a new guy, but doable.

That splash of Cleric just got you about 150-200 spell points and spells (you will get one divine spell at Pally at level 4....3 for a cleric at level one) and the ability to use more wands and scrolls. Not a bad pick up really! The auras that you can provide (some for concentration) and the Divine Vitality (DVs) you can give will make you a welcomed addition to most parties.

Keep in mind that those level 1 cleric spells wont be useful for the whole game,but will be very useful for more than half the game. Between your LOH and the spell points you will have with your cure light spell....you can still get a few incapped people up and heal yourself enough to avoid a party wipe!. Dont be afraid to throw 2 Fighter Levels in for Feats as well....just a thought.