PDA

View Full Version : Can't target after hitting Default :(

mortrae
04-01-2008, 01:33 PM
Hi :)

I posted something in the General forums, but thought this might be a place to look for help as well.

I accidentally hit Default on the Options panel.

After resetting everything as best as I could remember, my targeting is messed up.

I set Select Nearest Combat Target to Tab, and Select Next Combat Target to the tilde (`) key.

The tilde key works correctly, cycling through the combat targets.

The Tab key doesn't. It targets party members most of the time, and occassionally, if you're right up against a monster, it will target that monster.

Before, when I hit Tab (Select Nearest Combat) it would find the closest combat target, even if it was from a far distance, or around corners.

Now, I can stand right up against a monster and nothing.

However, I did discover that if I move my cursor over the monster until the cursor turns red, *then* hit Tab, it works 100% of the time.

Someone who replied on the General Forum had this to say.... "Also I will throw in that I have always had the Key above the tab set up for cylcling through mob....as of yesterday I can not get any ket to bind to that spot. I swapped out keyboards to make sure it wasn't that. So...right now I have an extra key on my mouse set to cycle...what a pain. What kills me is that my son has the exact same settings and his works.....blah"

Could this be connected?

When I hover my mouse over the Select Nearest Combat Target button in the Options panel, it doesn't bring up a tooltip window... while all the others do. Connected?

Could there be something that was introduced in the last patch that disabled Select Nearest Combat that only shows up when you try to map something to it after that patch? It was working properly before.

But now both me and the other poster are having a problem since yesterday (Monday).

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am lost in combat now, and feeling very frustrated. :(

Thanks,
Mortrae

Mudder
04-01-2008, 01:49 PM
I dont use the keyboard that often, use an xbox for windows controller almost exclusively. But I have the same problems. If I click the Restore Defaults button, all my key mappings go bonkers. I use R2 to target and will often not get it to Select Nearest/Next Combat Target unless I start at the top, clear each keymapping, and assign my keyboard and/or controller button manually for each function - it's a pain in the ass, but it gets easier after the 4th or 5th time you do it!!

I suspect that Tab is still mapped to a function behind the scenes and conflicting with your new kepmapping. Clearing each kemapping is the shotgun solution.

Missing_Minds
04-01-2008, 01:51 PM
I have no answer for this. however, posting your keymapping file may help the techs.

mortrae
04-01-2008, 02:59 PM
I have no answer for this. however, posting your keymapping file may help the techs.

I can find the ddo keymapping file, but I'm not able to open it. The helpful Vista search comes up empty as well. Is there a way to open it so I can post it?

mortrae
04-01-2008, 04:05 PM
I managed to get the targeting back to working properly.

I hit default twice, then before I made any changes in the key mapping page, I cleared the previous entry first.

Thanks for the help!

I'll definitely make a copy of the file.

SteveK14
04-11-2008, 09:44 AM

Where is this file?

Sparker
04-13-2008, 07:31 PM
My Documents/Dungeons and Dragons Online

Where is this file?