PDA

View Full Version : Help with KEEN on teir 3

leon00000
04-01-2008, 11:36 AM
I am making the Acid khopsh. I have a question. If I power the supreme Shard with the element of earth first then with the Positive. Then apply to 3rd upgrade on weapon will I still get the acid blast along with transmuting and keen?

Arkat
04-01-2008, 12:56 PM
It doesn't matter what order you use when you put them in the device. Earth will always dominate Positive.

BTW...you need to make two shards to combine into a super shard.

leon00000
04-01-2008, 01:31 PM
It doesn't matter what order you use when you put them in the device. Earth will always dominate Positive.

BTW...you need to make two shards to combine into a super shard.

can you do this at teir 2 or 1 also

alans240
04-01-2008, 01:36 PM
You must have Mineral I on the Koph prior to Tier 3. This means you either do earth/pos (tier1/tier2) or pos/earth.

Then you must make a double shard at tier 3. You will need to make one Supreme shard with Earth and one with Pos. Then you will need to combine these 2 shards to make a new double shard. This will give you mineral II, which gives the transmuting and keen. You will get Acid Blast because earth beats pos.

You can only do double shards at tier 3.

leon00000
04-01-2008, 01:42 PM
You must have Mineral I on the Koph prior to Tier 3. This means you either do earth/pos (tier1/tier2) or pos/earth.

Then you must make a double shard at tier 3. You will need to make one Supreme shard with Earth and one with Pos. Then you will need to combine these 2 shards to make a new double shard. This will give you mineral II, which gives the transmuting and keen. You will get Acid Blast because earth beats pos.

You can only do double shards at tier 3.

i cannot go earth - earth - pos/earth. I must have one of both at the third tier for it to work right?
so it will be pos - earth - then earth/pos. giving me holy /acid burst /acid blast and transmuting and keen right?

alans240
04-01-2008, 02:19 PM
so it will be pos - earth - then earth/pos. giving me holy /acid burst /acid blast and transmuting and keen right?

This is correct.

On mine tho I went Earth - Pos - earh/pos giving me Acid, pure good burst, and Acid Blast. I went this route because I wanted to get something out of my Crits on the Pit Fiend. His Acid Resist blocks most of the Acid burst and Acid Blast. Kind of sucks, but the Transmuting is well worth it. His DR on elite is around 90 so without transmuting, you would do little to no damage.

DelScorcho
04-14-2008, 01:18 PM
I'm looking to do the double on the 3d tier, having gone holy, acid burst for the first two tiers. My question is this: 1) If I only go earth/Dom/Materiel on the 3d tier, will the weapon still have the transmutting/Keen/Slicing attributes, and 2) if I double shard the last tier with Earth/Dom/Material & Pos/Dom/Mat, will the bonus include +4 AC.

Velorn
04-14-2008, 03:06 PM
I'm looking to do the double on the 3d tier, having gone holy, acid burst for the first two tiers. My question is this: 1) If I only go earth/Dom/Materiel on the 3d tier, will the weapon still have the transmutting/Keen/Slicing attributes, and 2) if I double shard the last tier with Earth/Dom/Material & Pos/Dom/Mat, will the bonus include +4 AC.

1) No....to get those extra benefits you need to do a double shard.

2) No....in order to get the +4 AC with all the extras, you will need a double shard that is Earth/Opposition/Ethereal and Positive/Opposition/Ethereal
Your double shard combo will give you Acid Blast with all the extras instead of +4 AC.