PDA

View Full Version : What's a respectable amount of SPs?

~Chauncy
03-31-2008, 07:10 PM
I have a level 11 cleric as one of my alts. The other night, I was running a quest in Gianthold, and the party leader very politely made the observation that I was going through manna too quick. He asked about my Wisdom and SPs, and I told him I had a 23 Wis and 885 SPs and explained I was still looking for a +5 Wisdom item. He then asked if I was spec'd as a battle cleric. Uh, no; just a regular cleric. He was right to ask, as I was out of manna before the final battle and had already used the one shrine.

I suspect part of the problem was that I was a lvl 11 cleric in a lvl 15 dungeon, and all of our melee fighters were light or maybe medium armor types with no shields that I can remember.

Since then, I've respeced my enhancements and now have a 24 Wis with 905 SPs. I plan to get to 26 when I level through my stat increase and a better Wisdom item.

Here are my stats at start and at level 11:

Str - 11, 16
Dex - 10, 14
Con - 10, 16
Int - 10, 14
Wis - 17, 24
Cha - 16, 20

So, what do think is a decent amount of manna for a lvl 11 cleric?

yahaa
04-01-2008, 12:27 AM
Don't remember what I had at 11, but right now my capped cleric is sitting around 1490 sp's
pearl of power 10
wisdom 32 or 30 (can't remember right now)
all the enhancements for sp
and 2 feats for sp's
Hope this helps, you do seem a bit low, but do you have a pearl of power? and of course a wizardry item would help also, but it will not stack with a pop.

~Chauncy
04-01-2008, 08:15 AM
Yes, I've got a Pearl of Power VIII, and I've taken the available feats and enhancements.

Doing a little quick math (don't know if this is accurate) you've got 93 SPs per level and I've got 82 SPs per level. So I'm about 12% low.

Looks like it's mainly a wisdom issue, as I did make the decision to roll a more balanced character and not a min/maxed character. And having a 28 point build probably makes a difference here too.

JaeBeam
04-01-2008, 09:19 AM
You should have asked what their AC was. How much DR they have. Could they turn on their Combat Expertise please. Would the rogues, rangers, sorcs and wizzy's please control their aggro. If you don't use a shield, could you perhaps wait 4 seconds for the sword and board fighter to get a handle on aggro.

Or ask how many potions they were carrying for healing. See if one of the arcanes could please cast displacement on the party. Or use a wand of displacement if they didn't have the spell racked.

Its a team effort to protect the cleric mana bar. Once its gone, oh well. Better fight within 10 seconds of the rez shrine. The PUG groups I play with all seem to work like this, but I could be getting lucky.

oops. on topic. at level 10 I'm around 620 spell points, I have the +50 trinket from Tangle Root. I only have one of the spell point enhancements trained. I can DV ((7d4+10)*10) spell points, or roughly 270 per shrine.

~Chauncy
04-01-2008, 05:36 PM
To their credit, the PUG I was in did a pretty good job keeping themselves up with pots, wands and candy canes.
I was wand healing in the final battle and I don't think anyone died. And they did contribute to the cleric so that I could buy some wands and scrolls.

Fanabeam
04-01-2008, 05:44 PM
My capped cleric has 1615 sp.

Human 32 point build
Maxed WIS (32)
pos/pos goggles for +200 sp. (Wiz VI (150) and exceptional spell points 1 (50)

All the enhancements.

I have no idea what I had at 11. lol

samho
04-01-2008, 06:46 PM
My capped cleric has 1615 sp.

Human 32 point build
Maxed WIS (32)
pos/pos goggles for +200 sp. (Wiz VI (150) and exceptional spell points 1 (50)

All the enhancements.

I have no idea what I had at 11. lol

The number looks more like 34 wisdom than 32 wisdom :p (Yes, I do have a max wisdom human cleric as well, and it's why...)

For +3 wisdom tome eatting dwarf pure cleric, he can have 60 more wisdom (so in theory, a max sp dwarf pure cleric can hit the 1800 sp right now, before anyone got their cleansing item...)

Parallaxx
04-02-2008, 02:28 PM
I have a human cleric, 28 point build, spell points 1590.
Wis 32, MT, IMT, max mana enhancements, tier 2 mana item.

Couldn't find an screen prints from when I was level 11, but it looks like at level 12 I had 990 spell points.

Edited: posted the mana for my wiz at first.

Gaermain
04-03-2008, 11:39 AM
I have a level 11 cleric as one of my alts. The other night, I was running a quest in Gianthold, and the party leader very politely made the observation that I was going through manna too quick. He asked about my Wisdom and SPs, and I told him I had a 23 Wis and 885 SPs and explained I was still looking for a +5 Wisdom item. He then asked if I was spec'd as a battle cleric. Uh, no; just a regular cleric. He was right to ask, as I was out of manna before the final battle and had already used the one shrine.

I suspect part of the problem was that I was a lvl 11 cleric in a lvl 15 dungeon, and all of our melee fighters were light or maybe medium armor types with no shields that I can remember.

Since then, I've respeced my enhancements and now have a 24 Wis with 905 SPs. I plan to get to 26 when I level through my stat increase and a better Wisdom item.

Here are my stats at start and at level 11:

Str - 11, 16
Dex - 10, 14
Con - 10, 16
Int - 10, 14
Wis - 17, 24
Cha - 16, 20

So, what do think is a decent amount of manna for a lvl 11 cleric?

I don't recall what I've had on my clerics at level 11 - but your cleric is fine, don't sweat it. Keep your wisdom even, and upgrade/downgrade your WIS enhancement(s) as your gear changes.

I think the problem my have had a few contributing factors.

First, level 11 is part of the "rough range" for characters. There is a stampede to the gianthold (mostly wanting to do quests on elite) and the characters can be quite a few levels lower than what people are used to taking in there. Ever go back and take a level 7-8 character through the vons after ripping your higher level characters through there for so long? LOL it can be rough rough rough. Same concept here.

Second, the quest itself. PoP is one that a lot of people know, very well, so they gogogo! Again, not keeping in mind that their level 11 fighter/caster isn't the same thing as their level 15/16 fighter/caster in the quest. They can't hit has hard, and they get hit harder. Bottom line, I believe it's complacency to an extent with PoP (and the gianthold in general).

Either way, there is plenty of XP out there to be had. Run through the gianthold on normal (include the walk-ups), you won't be level 11 for long. Then tackle hard, then elite.

Best of luck!

unionyes
04-03-2008, 12:02 PM
I have 1095 at level 13, and it seems to be enough for healing and the occasional Greater Command.

Although, no matter how much manna you have, a group of two weapon fighting light armor wearing low hitpoint having toons will drain any manna bar in a hurry.

With the manna you have, you should be fine. I sometimes stretch my blue bar by turning on empower healing spell and waiting for them to take more damage and then using one spell to heal more damage, rather than cycling through lower level cures. In some quests where shrines are few and far between, I use cure mod wands to keep the squishies up and wait until the toughies are down to a third or so before dropping an empowered heal on them, heals 237 pts with one spell, I think an empowered heal uses 40 or 50 sp so it would be a lot more efficient than cycling through cure mod/serious/critical to get them back up to near full.

Theboz
04-06-2008, 07:00 AM
I think I had around 900-1000sp at lvl 11

As of now my drow cleric has wisdom of 34

Sp before 1340
Goggles of Neg+Pos+Pos=375sp, this item also has my +6 wisdom
Skiver=50sp

total 1765sp

Nestorious
04-06-2008, 08:48 AM
Wish I could be of more help to you but lvl 11 was quite a while back...

My cleric is an SP/DV build specifically as I split his classes taking 1 lvl of Sorc to begin with, the sp was 1 point but there were many other aspects that came into mind for the splash as well. Plus the fact that I only had access to drow when he came into being so was lookin to squeeze all I could.

Currently my main cleric sits at

lvl 15/1
1701 sp
32 wis
28 Cha
Mental toughness
Impr Mental Toughness
Green steel goggles (Wiz 6)

but in all honesty, dont weigh so much on the SP, it all depends on what you want your guy to be able to do. To get a high SP I made sacrifices elsewhere, so its all up to each persons interpretation of where you want your cleric to go.

SHARC
04-06-2008, 12:12 PM
8 Strength
8 Dex
16 Con
10 Int
23 Wis
24 Char

These are my current numbers and I am level 11, with a power 8 Warhammer and a +3 Wis item. Gives me 885 SP. I use greater command alot (once my mana goes below 805 I switch to spell pen 5 dagger) so in the right quests, I heal very little. Also, mass heal alot and talk to group about staying close together and taking breaks.

Biggest problem I find is Warforged without healers friend and no self heal ability. And ofcourse those who run off, die and want rez + healed up.

That being said, I wand heal out of the gate, ask for pauses during battle. Keep fresh Aid on everyone and if the guys an issue, I use Divine Healing. or let him die and carry his stone around (lol)

So to answer your question. I think your SP is on the money, you have too much strength IMO. I never fight, I let my party or my summoned monsters do that so I have just enough strength to stand up.

Take care.

Theboz
04-06-2008, 03:20 PM
my stats are with the +item im using

Str 16 +6 item
Dex 10 nothing
Con 16 +6 item
Int 10 nothing
Wis 34 +6 item(+3 tome)
Cha 23 +6 item but its usually at 17(+4 restance cloak)

Ziltus
04-07-2008, 12:50 AM
Having SP is one thing, the play style and equipments is another.

Sometimes it's more mana-efficient to buff your grp members in advance, or do cc to reduce the damages (oso the healing required).

Your feat and enchantment also play a part, eg empowered healing feat and enchantment, superior healing lore and superior potency 6-7 items etc.

To be frank, it's hard to rely on sp healing alone esp when u doing high lvl elite quests, so like it or not, you have to keep some wands and scrolls on you all the time, just in case. For me, I tends on rely on wands more unless for emergency and grp heals.