PDA

View Full Version : Future MMO Brainstorming ideas

SniptheShadow
03-31-2008, 11:47 AM
Lots of down time at my job today.

My mind inevitably wanders.

I sit and wonder what world(s) I'd like to see and explore by various science fiction and fantasy writers out there that I've read and loved over the years.

I have many in mind, but I list only one to get us started, and if forum dwellers want to add theirs....

How about an MMO of the Hyperion books by Dan Simmons? To meet the Shrike! Farcaster Portals! The Cruciform! Oh man! It gives me chills!

How about others - what worlds would you like to game in?

Thanks everyone.

Snip

xealot7
03-31-2008, 11:50 AM
I'd love to be able to start in the Westland, make my way to the Midlands. Fight my way into D'Haran and realize that everything that I explored was just the Old World.

All of this is coming from Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series.

Theboz
03-31-2008, 11:57 AM
leisure suit larry MMO, that is all:D

Hvymetal
04-01-2008, 03:16 AM
Love to see RIFTS, Shadowrun & Cyberpunk......

Uska
04-01-2008, 07:29 AM
Ringworld, who wouldnt want to be a Kizin? scream and leap and eat those stupid talking monkeys..

JacknCoke
04-01-2008, 08:12 AM
Transformers!!

Pick and choose your robot form.
Choose to be an Autobots or Decepticon. This flags you for what side you fight on as far as PVP goes.

Multiple planets with multiple quests.

no mounts needed as you are also a mount...

yep

BattleCircle
04-01-2008, 08:17 AM
XANTH anyone? LMAO now how to work in all those puns............:p

BattleCircle
04-01-2008, 08:32 AM
Or maybe the dual worlds of Phaze and Proton from the Adept series by Piers Anthony, Lots of monsters, magic, and a fantasitic game within a game aspect?

Theboz
04-01-2008, 10:51 AM
XANTH anyone? LMAO now how to work in all those puns............:p

Now, this could be interesting. I loved the books growing up, read them all up to year 2000. But, I think it would be dumb down into a kiddie game.

BattleCircle
04-01-2008, 12:44 PM
Now, this could be interesting. I loved the books growing up, read them all up to year 2000. But, I think it would be dumb down into a kiddie game.

Yeah, your probably right, oh wait I know...... The Chronicles of Gor :D Bugbear looking otherworlders, PriestKings, Sexy Branded Slave Girls, Pirates, Slave Girls, Tarns, Slave Girls, Ubers, and Nomads, did I mention Slave Girls? :p

Hvymetal
04-01-2008, 01:18 PM
Yeah, your probably right, oh wait I know...... The Chronicles of Gor :D Bugbear looking otherworlders, PriestKings, Sexy Branded Slave Girls, Pirates, Slave Girls, Tarns, Slave Girls, Ubers, and Nomads, did I mention Slave Girls? :pWhy did this just remind me of Thundar The Barbarian?? :D

Theboz
04-04-2008, 09:09 AM
Why did this just remind me of Thundar The Barbarian?? :D

and this reminded me of He-man, now that would be a cool MMO. :D

JacknCoke
04-07-2008, 01:59 PM
I said Transformers!

sirgog
04-08-2008, 12:54 AM
Wheel of Time.