PDA

View Full Version : Combining metamagics and spells

Master_of_None
03-31-2008, 10:20 AM
The upcoming increase in weapon sets is great, but how about a little caster help? I would love to be able to combine a spell and metamagic(s) and put them together on one hotbar slot. Then I don't have to keep turning extend on and off every time I want to cast haste, I could just click one icon for extended haste. Since we're getting more hotbars now, it would be pretty easy to have different versions of the same spell (max/empower vs. just maximized, heightened and not heightened) on a bar.

I know this has been brought up in the past, but I haven't seen it mentioned for a while. Any reason why this can't be done? Tech isn't possible? Would make casters too uber? All the work on animating metamagics would go to waste? If there's a reason the devs can't do this I understand, I'd just like to know if that's the case. So, any chance of this happening?

Mad_Bombardier
03-31-2008, 10:47 AM
I like the idea of pre-applying metamagics. But, given the live action style of the game, I really don't mind clicking metamagics on and off as needed. I would, however, like the removal of the artificial delay when toggling metamagics.

Talcyndl
03-31-2008, 11:12 AM
I would, however, like the removal of the artificial delay when toggling metamagics.

The delay is why I think it would be hard to implement the OP's suggestion. Presumably, to use his example, clicking on the Extended Haste Icon would initiate a three step process: (1) Turn on extend (wait for it to activate); (2) Cast Haste; and then (3) Turn off extend. That would be a completely new approach and will require some serious developer time - especially to deal with the timers/

Now if they eliminated the timer on metamagics...but I assume those are there for balance issues.