PDA

View Full Version : Summons need to be tweeked

Amaras
03-31-2008, 09:22 AM
Currently summons are causes of #1 death of casters.
Due to barbarians mistaking a Summoned Monster VIII Bezerika for an enemy bezerika, casters end up with large objects being impaled into their skulls while friendlies are madly swinging at it.

Suggestions: Make all summons a different colour from all other mobs, allowing them to be easily identified as "Friendly", also please fix the names above Summon monster VIII bezerika as it currently dosn't show.

Another improvement that is needed is the ability to see the damage as "floaty numbers" of what your pet is doing, If we have no idea the damage they are doing whats the point of having them other then cannon fodder.

Lorien_the_First_One
03-31-2008, 09:56 AM
Currently summons are causes of #1 death of casters.
Due to barbarians mistaking a Summoned Monster VIII Bezerika for an enemy bezerika, casters end up with large objects being impaled into their skulls while friendlies are madly swinging at it.

Suggestions: Make all summons a different colour from all other mobs, allowing them to be easily identified as "Friendly", also please fix the names above Summon monster VIII bezerika as it currently dosn't show.

Another improvement that is needed is the ability to see the damage as "floaty numbers" of what your pet is doing, If we have no idea the damage they are doing whats the point of having them other then cannon fodder.

I agree. Let me see the damage my beastie does, just like I see what my FW does.

And the number of times I've tried to Finger or swing at a bezerika because it looks like a monster lol...

Mad_Bombardier
03-31-2008, 10:41 AM
Yes please on adding the yellow floaty name for the Bezekira. ;)

cbj192
03-31-2008, 10:50 AM
I Think Its An Excellent Idea If They Were A Different Color Or If They Had A Glow Or Something

Venar
03-31-2008, 10:53 AM
In the meantime, here is an idea:
use soneskin or blur to set you pet appart.

akla_thornfist
03-31-2008, 11:00 AM
summoned pets are just about worthless with the ai problems, i cant get them to follow me for more than a minute or 2 the earth ele from the raid item i made is the worst.

Amaras
03-31-2008, 11:11 AM
Summoned pets are great, if everyone in your party summons one in a raid, thats a 24 man raid.

Strumpoo
03-31-2008, 11:20 AM
Here's my idea to fix summons...

Please make them strong enough to actually fight. Cr 3-9 pets are absolutely worthless. Please beef them up or let us "Maximize" them or something to bring up their effectivness.. As of right now they can't hold their own against one enemy mobs much less a pack of them.

captain1z
03-31-2008, 06:35 PM

Please make them strong enough to actually fight. Cr 3-9 pets are absolutely worthless. Please beef them up or let us "Maximize" them or something to bring up their effectivness.. As of right now they can't hold their own against one enemy mobs much less a pack of them.

2 counter points

- at least the elementals we summon dont attack us or another party member upon summoning anymore

- efreetis can totally wipe the floor with elite kobolds in STK, if said efeeti is properly buffed (elec resist,spell resist, fom)

EggNog
03-31-2008, 08:35 PM

I recommend Summon I = CR1, Summon II = CR3, etc. When all is said and done, they won't be quite as high level as the end game monsters, but at least they'll be a viable build option.

LeLoric
03-31-2008, 09:16 PM
I recommend Summon I = CR1, Summon II = CR3, etc. When all is said and done, they won't be quite as high level as the end game monsters, but at least they'll be a viable build option.

Id like to see a way of the summoner enhancment line put in to allow maybe higher cr or 2 at once.

Strumpoo
04-01-2008, 01:43 PM
2 counter points

- at least the elementals we summon dont attack us or another party member upon summoning anymore

This is a good point and I am happy that it is so.

- efreetis can totally wipe the floor with elite kobolds in STK, if said efeeti is properly buffed (elec resist,spell resist, fom)

This point, I don't agree with..... I should hope so, considering I am casting a level 7 summons to deal with a level 5 quest. The efreetis should be able to absolutely destroy the kobolds without any buffs. Why would an efreet need help killing lowly kobolds? Or a troll? Or an earth Elemental? This is what is wrong with our pets, in order to be truly useful you have to use them in quests 8-10 levels below your character.

responses in orange.