PDA

View Full Version : Creative sound cards, Do not buy after this .

Theboz
03-31-2008, 08:17 AM
http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board/message?board.id=soundblaster&thread.id=116332

I came across this today and after the problems I had with drivers and vista, which I no longer use(back to XP), I will never buy a Creativ card or product again, period.

Impaqt
03-31-2008, 10:27 AM
Dunno, I dont know the whole story, but it sure seems like Creative didnt have a Problem with him Modding the Drivers... What they did have a Problem with was him Modding the Drivers and then Asking for "Donations" for them.

He was essentailly profiting from their software.....

Theboz
03-31-2008, 11:55 AM
Dunno, I dont know the whole story, but it sure seems like Creative didnt have a Problem with him Modding the Drivers... What they did have a Problem with was him Modding the Drivers and then Asking for "Donations" for them.

He was essentailly profiting from their software.....

Thats the way i see it, but what I dont liek is Creative making older hardware broken when you up grade because they want to sell you newer stuff.

Im still using my first driver off the disk for my X-fi on XP, because If I upgrade to newer drivers I lose support for 7.1 sound.

Missing_Minds
03-31-2008, 12:05 PM
Creative has some really good hardware, however, their software is worse than ATI ever was with drivers. I stopped buying creative years ago. I think back when Live was the flagship.

One of their biggest DUMB moves was that their updates never included orginal stuff. So if you though you were getting 2.0, you weren't. you were only getting the upgrade to 2.0. You still had to have 1.0 loaded. Near as I can tell, you still have to have 1.0 to make things work.

I've got a Razer Barracuda AC-1 7.1Gaming Soundcard. biggest issue I had with it was the fact that DDO kept turning on (half way) the dang EAX stuff. Turns out I didn't have a few directX files and that fixed it right up.

Mockduck
04-02-2008, 07:16 AM
Sounds like Creative needs to get on the ball and release Vista drivers! Can't believe they'd say it was "vista compatible" if it wasn't. I've been watching this story, too. Guy maybe made a mistake, but his intentions are good for the product.