PDA

View Full Version : Manyshot

Vyctor
03-29-2008, 05:25 PM
Is there any chance that a line of enhancements can be added to either shorter the cooldown for manyshot or length the active time or both...assuming that a chance to it being a fighting stance like Power Attack is not going to happen

Kire
03-29-2008, 08:46 PM
Is there any chance that a line of enhancements can be added to either shorter the cooldown for manyshot or length the active time or both...assuming that a chance to it being a fighting stance like Power Attack is not going to happen

Well MT explained thsi crazy good to me one time but i'll try...

Many shot is only there to give ranger's a faster shooting rate. You may be saying but, Hey! you dont shoot faster with many shot active! Well think of it like this:

Say you shoot 1 arrow every 2 seconds without manyshot. With manyshot on you shoot 3 arrows for every 2 seconds. So even though you aren't shooting faster per say, you are shooting more arrows in less time.

Now the devs (except codog) are terribly afraid of ranged combat and don't want to increase the time of Manyshot because then rangers would shoot faster then melee swing. Then (as some people argue) everyone will play ranged focused characters due to ranged being the faster, and more efficient choice. As of right now a ranged specc'd ranger with full str can do as much as a (some) fighters with a greataxe but not swing (shoot) as often. But to make up for this lack of speed ranged focused characters well.. get to hit their enemy before they even get a chance to be hit themselves.

So i hope that helps.

~Kire

MondoGrunday
03-30-2008, 01:03 AM
great explanation and very true, but my ranger barb wants a shorter cooldown and a longer many shot, who wouldnt many shot rocks :D

Snoggy
03-30-2008, 02:54 AM
Now the devs (except codog) are terribly afraid of ranged combat

Why?

Accelerando
03-30-2008, 03:54 AM
Think Bowazon's from Diablo II. Constant manyshot rangers (why would you ever turn it off barring severe attack pealties like -10 to hit)
with improved precise shot could easily solo most quests in the game... even with an (unfortunately common) paralyzing bow. I for one
am glad that ranged characters who benefit from amazing kiteing abilities continue to be nerfed. Please see rangers VS the Pit Fiend for
more information.

Love,
Me

pressurepoint14
05-04-2008, 03:37 PM
Constant manyshot rangers (why would you ever turn it off barring severe attack pealties like -10 to hit)
with improved precise shot could easily solo most quests in the game...

no no they, couldn't. bows get **** damage the take 3 times as long to hit wit as a melee attack and, and oh right there is that whole running out of amo thing. melee attackers can attack multiple opponents. ranged fighters or rangers can't even be effective untill at least 3-5 lvl.
rangers are supposed to use many shot all the time, that's how d&d works rangers are supposed to attack for less damage but more often.

roggane
05-04-2008, 03:54 PM
no no they, couldn't. bows get **** damage the take 3 times as long to hit wit as a melee attack and, and oh right there is that whole running out of amo thing. melee attackers can attack multiple opponents. ranged fighters or rangers can't even be effective untill at least 3-5 lvl.
rangers are supposed to use many shot all the time, that's how d&d works rangers are supposed to attack for less damage but more often.

yes, yes, they could

Ghoste
05-04-2008, 03:58 PM
Why?
Read on, he already answered that in the same post.