PDA

View Full Version : Damage Mod Question

Sertrynus
03-29-2008, 06:56 AM
Ok not sure if this is a bug or if there is something else at play here, kinda just curious.

When I examine any weapon, the Attack Mod is STR (+8) and the Damage Mod is Str (+5)

It doesn't matter if the weapon is a +1 Longsword / +1 Warhammer / +3 Greatsword / +3 BastardSword etc, the Damage Mod is constant.

If I take off my Strength Item (+6 STR Gloves) the Attack Mod goes to Str (+5) and the Damage Mod stays at Str (+5)

My Lvl 16 Pure Paladin has a Strength of 27 (+8), BAB of 16, no Strength Enhancements.

If the Damage Mod was actually Strength based, then surely when I change my strength the Damage Mod would also change, but it doesn't.

I have checked with a few other guildies, a cleric and a fighter and a wizzie, they reported the same scenario happening to them.

Hope someone can explain this in simple terms, and if it's a bug can it get fixed please.

Sertrynus
03-29-2008, 04:14 PM
Is anyone able to help with this query????

Angelus_dead
03-29-2008, 04:19 PM
We could help more if you were more specific in what's happening.

Ok not sure if this is a bug or if there is something else at play here, kinda just curious.

When I examine any weapon, the Attack Mod is STR (+8) and the Damage Mod is Str (+5)
It seems that is a bug.

My advice is to never look at those fields on a weapon. They are poorly-designed anyhow. In particular, the "Base Damage Rating" on a weapon is flat-out misleading.

Garth_of_Sarlona
03-29-2008, 05:39 PM
Yes, the fields on the weapon itself are bugged and do not change. But if you look in your inventory window, the numbers you get in there should be accurate.

Garth

Sertrynus
03-29-2008, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the feedback, did think it was kind of weird that the STR bonus never changed even when what it was based on did change.