PDA

View Full Version : Crafting, sucking, and me.

Beherit_Baphomar
03-27-2008, 11:50 AM
I suck at crafting...I do...its official...

Well, Ive gotten tier one and tier two down, heck Ive even got tier three down...but I cant for the life of me
find any information on combining two supreme shards...

Can someone point me in the right direction? I dont like the Stone of Change post, its way, way too crazy
for me. DDOWiki is awesome, as is that fella who had the drop down menus on a webpage...but neither of
these have 2xsupreme shard info.

My problem is Ive went Positive+Positive for tier one/two...so I have a +7 CHA dagger with True Ressurection on it.
I'll go POS/POS for tier 3, so in the end I will go Positive(tier 1) + Positive (tier 2) + Positive/Positive (tier 3).
I basically want to know if Im wasting my time going for the two positives on the tier three upgrade, or if I should
just upgrade now.

Thank you all for your time,

Bee.

Aspenor
03-27-2008, 11:52 AM
Craft both shards as you would normally.

Place both shards in the altar with an appropriate size power cell.

Combine.

use the combined shard on your weapon.

Shaamis
03-27-2008, 11:56 AM
Since you went Pos/Pos on tier 1 & 2, you can only use on Pos supreme shard at tier 3. I dont think two Pos. supreme shards will do anything more than what one will.

In order to do the double supreme shard combo, you had to have two different lvl 1 and lvl 2 shards, like Pos+earth, or Pos+neg, etc.

while doing that cuts you from the 3X similar powers, it gives you a chance to upgrade to powers just as good, if you want to do the double supreme shard route.

I have two lvl 2 pos+earth khopeshes, plan on doing the double supreme shard Pos/Earth combo on both of them (48 large ingredients anyone?) ind that will be sometime around mod 12......

hope this helped.

Beherit_Baphomar
03-27-2008, 11:57 AM
Craft both shards as you would normally.

Place both shards in the altar with an appropriate size power cell.

Combine.

use the combined shard on your weapon.

Thank you for not reading the OP Asp...

Beherit_Baphomar
03-27-2008, 11:58 AM
In order to do the double supreme shard combo, you had to have two different lvl 1 and lvl 2 shards, like Pos+earth, or Pos+neg, etc.

while doing that cuts you from the 3X similar powers, it gives you a chance to upgrade to powers just as good, if you want to do the double supreme shard route.

I have two lvl 2 pos+earth khopeshes, plan on doing the double supreme shard Pos/Earth combo on both of them (48 large ingredients anyone?) ind that will be sometime around mod 12......

hope this helped.

So what yer saying is you HAVE to have put a different shard in tier one than you do in tier two? You cannot upgrade with
two of the same supreme shards? So doing POS/POS supreme shards will do what?

Aspenor
03-27-2008, 11:58 AM
Thank you for not reading the OP Asp...

You're welcome.....

Dual positive shards? Sounds like a waste.

Beherit_Baphomar
03-27-2008, 11:59 AM
You're welcome.....

Dual positive shards? Sounds like a waste.

Well thats what I want to know...

Borror0
03-27-2008, 12:02 PM
Well thats what I want to know...

It is very likely to do nothing, but no one has tested... yet.

Justan
03-27-2008, 12:04 PM
If you go Tier I with Positive, Tier II with Negative, you can go Tier III Option A) Negative only, Option B) Positive only, or Option C) Positive AND Negative for a Dual Affinity Shard.

When your Tier I & II are the same affinity, you cannot get a Dual Affinity shard to get another 'bonus' to your weapon/item. And you only need to do one (not double up on the same).

If I am wrong, surely I will get flamed faster than you would ever have gotten your answer. :)

Another great post for crafting info is http://stormlords.net/crafting/

Good luck buddy.

Beherit_Baphomar
03-27-2008, 12:05 PM
It is very likely to do nothing, but no one has tested... yet.

'K, well, I'll test it soon...gots 10 more large to get!
And, of course, two supreme shards...because they refuse to drop for my caster...
Still never had a first tier shard drop for me...guildie was good enough to hand one over....

Beherit_Baphomar
03-27-2008, 12:17 PM
So, combining two of the same is going to do just that, make the same things, ergo prolly a waste of time...maybe
not, cause no ones tried it.

But do we have results of others trying to combine two of the same? I would assume if someone had tried combining,
say, earth/earth and got nothing then positive/positive would be the same.

And Justan, thank you for that link, thats what I was looking for.

Shaamis
03-27-2008, 12:21 PM
If you go Tier I with Positive, Tier II with Negative, you can go Tier III Option A) Negative only, Option B) Positive only, or Option C) Positive AND Negative for a Dual Affinity Shard.

When your Tier I & II are the same affinity, you cannot get a Dual Affinity shard to get another 'bonus' to your weapon/item. And you only need to do one (not double up on the same).

If I am wrong, surely I will get flamed faster than you would ever have gotten your answer. :)

Another great post for crafting info is http://stormlords.net/crafting/

Good luck buddy.

all I would add is that you can choose a third affinity as your lvl 3 tier shard (1:Positive, 2:Earth, 3:Negative), but you are not going to get any bonus powers for similar affinities.

Beherit_Baphomar
03-27-2008, 12:23 PM
all I would add is that you can choose a third affinity as your lvl 3 tier shard (1:Positive, 2:Earth, 3:Negative), but you are not going to get any bonus powers for similar affinities.

But you can only choose a third affinity on tier 3 if you've put two different affinities on tier one and two, right?

So with me going POS tier one and POS tier two I cant then put, say, AIR/POS in tier 3?

Aspenor
03-27-2008, 12:26 PM
But you can only choose a third affinity on tier 3 if you've put two different affinities on tier one and two, right?

So with me going POS tier one and POS tier two I cant then put, say, AIR/POS in tier 3?

Just an educated guess, you could do this, perhaps, but you wouldn't necessarily gain the special bonus for all three positives (greater disruption guard). I believe the air shard would dominate the positive energy shard.

Just an educated guess.

And you'd probably get the third tier air bonus and not the positive energy.

All of this is theoretical of course.

Aspenor
03-27-2008, 12:28 PM
To be completely honest Bee, unless you're intent on testing something, I would go +EE +EE +EE and save those large ingredients for item #2.

Oh and if you need a power shard try talking Nick into an AM raid sometime. I'll give you my shards. I have enough and I'll pull the ones I need later down the road eventually.

Beherit_Baphomar
03-27-2008, 12:34 PM
To be completely honest Bee, unless you're intent on testing something, I would go +EE +EE +EE and save those large ingredients for item #2.

Oh and if you need a power shard try talking Nick into an AM raid sometime. I'll give you my shards. I have enough and I'll pull the ones I need later down the road eventually.

Yeah, maybe I should do that...Ive got everything set up to finish off my +9 CHA dagger now, just need the shard.
Ive three other guys I need to make things for...

I think Im gonna just go +EE on the last part...12 large ingredients is a lotta time spent on something that seems wont really
do anything.

And I appreciate the invite, if I ever see Archmagi LFM I will try and join...

Ive pulled 3 great shards in all my time in there on my sorc...two of them last night...he has the worst luck. My cleric pulls them all
day long, same with my barb...but the guy I want to get done first, nada...

Shaamis
03-27-2008, 03:23 PM

From the information I've see/read, that is correct, the attempt would fail.

redoubt
03-27-2008, 03:51 PM
Download Binnsr's spreadsheet. It has several of the dual supreme's already in it.