PDA

View Full Version : Can't log in...

CaseStringer
03-26-2008, 07:23 PM
I can't log into the Compendium. It says there's an error when i put my password in. A longer string of dots come up and it says log in error. I have no problems logging into the forums or the game... What am i doing wrong?!?:confused:

The_Silver_Griffon
03-26-2008, 11:30 PM
Same problem here. I have verified my forum login by logging out and back in. The same username and password does not work for the compendium.

CaseStringer
03-27-2008, 12:12 AM
Can anyone who has experienced same issue and discovered how to fix/workaround it please throw me a bone?.. I really want to add my Guild on Thelanis and characters on other servers to the lists....Thanks in advance:D

TreknaQudane
03-27-2008, 12:17 AM
I wish I could help with that, but I'm getting the same issue.

MrWizard
03-27-2008, 06:26 AM
logged in no problem...maybe it is fixed

The_Silver_Griffon
03-27-2008, 08:58 AM
It still doesn't work for me. The problem is only affecting certain users.

We're special. :(

Tolero
03-27-2008, 10:13 AM
We're looking into it... will bring more information when I have it. :)

Hambo
03-27-2008, 02:23 PM
Add me to the list of the terminally un-loginable :D

Lost_Leader
03-27-2008, 06:44 PM
I too am unable to log in. haven't found a work around yet. Funny thing is, I have no problem at all using my other account, so at least I am confident I am not making a silly error :p (yea, yea, I have 2 accs... I got sick of waitin for more character slots. They suckered me in!)

Yaga_Nub
03-28-2008, 10:50 AM
I'm in the same boat. :mad:

LiliThel
03-28-2008, 11:05 AM
I couldn't log in either using my current password that I use to log into the actual game. It kept giving me the tons of dots and dumping me. Then I tried my original password and it let me in.

CaseStringer
03-28-2008, 06:18 PM
May have been the case for you, but i had had the same password for the last 2 years. I thought maybe changing my password would fix it. New password doesn't work either. Any new info on this Tolero? Thanks in advance for your help!... Found out what may have been the issue...My forum password must have been different then my log in to game password...I went to MyAccount@Turbine Home and down near the bottom you can change your Forum password. This should fix the issue... Hope this helps everyone having any issues ;]

Tolero
03-29-2008, 11:11 AM
Just as an update, is anyone still having issues getting in?

The most likely culprit are the following:

- The compendium is tied to your forum account, so make sure you're using the same information you use to get into the forums.
- There is a possibility that if you changed your password - like coincidentally in a very tiny window of when the compendium was being unveiled - that the compendium may still have your older password. Try the older password just in case.

If you try both of these and you still can't get into it, please let us know, as there is one other fringe case that could be affecting you, and I'll need to dig further on it.

TreknaQudane
03-29-2008, 11:53 AM
If you try both of these and you still can't get into it, please let us know, as there is one other fringe case that could be affecting you, and I'll need to dig further on it.

Im still unable to log in.

AoD45154
03-30-2008, 04:36 PM
Just as an update, is anyone still having issues getting in?

- The compendium is tied to your forum account, so make sure you're using the same information you use to get into the forums.
- There is a possibility that if you changed your password - like coincidentally in a very tiny window of when the compendium was being unveiled - that the compendium may still have your older password. Try the older password just in case.

This might be more helpful if it showed in the Dev tracker. :p

Thanks

Tolero
03-31-2008, 10:28 AM
Grr I could have sworn I left that one in the tracker >< I'll reiterate:

Just as an update, is anyone still having issues getting into the compendium?

TreknaQudane
03-31-2008, 10:40 AM
Unless I'm blind, I'm still not seeing that in the tracker.

Tolero
03-31-2008, 10:45 AM
Hmm no you're not blind. I'll have to check the settings on this forum, it's probably just because it's a new category ^^

Trek I've got you down already as well on my list. Anyone else?

Hambo
03-31-2008, 11:39 AM
Add me to the list of the terminally un-loginable :D

My bad... I read the new posts this morning and realized I'd been trying to log on with my BILLING account name instead of my FORUM name...:o

Thanks anyway

Tolero
04-02-2008, 09:56 AM
If you are someone who is having difficulty accessing the Compendium, and you have spaces in your forum name, please contact us either through http://support.turbine.com or using the Contact Us at the bottom of the page and we are happy to help!

Beherit_Baphomar
07-18-2008, 12:26 PM
If you are someone who is having difficulty accessing the Compendium, and you have spaces in your forum name, please contact us either through http://support.turbine.com or using the Contact Us at the bottom of the page and we are happy to help!

I emailed the "Contact Us" people, but nothing yet.

Any word on this lil bug being fixed Tolero?