PDA

View Full Version : essence of cleansing: Fact of Fiction ????

Drith
03-26-2008, 04:45 PM
In order to remove the Taint of Shavarath, you must combine your tainted item with an essence of cleansing in the final Eldritch Device within the Shroud. There is a chance to receive an essence of cleansing as an end reward. Hope that clears that up for you.

I'd say that on my server alone a good 250+ people will run the shroud to completion per week. So do these things really exist or what ? Maybe Tolero meant to say that "There is a chance to receive an essence of cleasing as an 20th end reward. Instead of just general end reward ?????

Confirmation / Clerification from Devs is always super uber appreciated. ;)

Source:
http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=1578811&postcount=13

Dryth
Kalleena
Zeeek the Mad

Garth_of_Sarlona
03-26-2008, 04:59 PM
It would be nice if /quest completions worked on the 13th Eclipse so we could tell how close we were to getting our Essence of Cleansing.

Garth

maddmatt70
03-26-2008, 05:03 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I doubt that anybody will have the 20th reward next week because of the delay on getting off timer on the first run, etc. My guess would be the week after which isn't too long to wait anyway.

Impaqt
03-26-2008, 05:06 PM
No, I dont have a Screenshot.

Yes, they drop as end rewards.

maddmatt70
03-26-2008, 05:11 PM

I don't believe you. In the over 60 completion runs I have been in nobody has pulled one. All the people that I have run with who have run in 100s of completion runs cumulatively have never pulled one or heard of one being pulled as a general end reward. I call bs on your statement unless your referring to the 20th run which there is no proof yet..

Impaqt
03-26-2008, 05:18 PM
I don't believe you. In the over 60 completion runs I have been in nobody has pulled one. All the people that I have run with who have run in 100s of completion runs cumulatively have never pulled one or heard of one being pulled as a general end reward. I call bs on your statement unless your referring to the 20th run which there is no proof yet..

OK, Suit yourself. No Sweat off my back..... lol

I would say they are more rare than +3 Tomes dropping in the reaver raid... Thats for sure..... But they do drop.

Dariuss
03-26-2008, 05:35 PM
i would tend to beleive imaqt, because i know he knows what he's talking about generally

maddmatt70
03-26-2008, 05:41 PM
i would tend to beleive imaqt, because i know he knows what he's talking about generally

I will check with The Free Companions, Twilight Alliance, and my guild to verify. We cumulatively have probably about 2000-3000 completion runs, but I have not heard about anyone pulling one thus far and I am pretty sure they will verify that fact. Someone probably is bsing Impaqt is my guess.

Barumar
03-26-2008, 05:42 PM
Not to jump into the middle of the 'fire', but how about a screen shot of the item that has had its taint removed?

I mean, if one did drop, then that someone probably used it - right?

Shima-ra
03-26-2008, 05:49 PM
Exactly what I was gonna ask
Either you take a screenshot of the reward list, the essence or the item used on.

Dariuss
03-26-2008, 06:28 PM
I will check with The Free Companions, Twilight Alliance, and my guild to verify. We cumulatively have probably about 2000-3000 completion runs, but I have not heard about anyone pulling one thus far and I am pretty sure they will verify that fact. Someone probably is bsing Impaqt is my guess.

just to be clear i'm not taking sides or anything, just pointing out that impaqt is probably in the top 10 of beleivable forum people, it's not like he's a noob or someone who is constantly full of BS. That's all.

Turial
03-26-2008, 06:43 PM
I would say they can be pulled but the rarity of the item would make it so only a handful at most of people would have gotten them by now. This would balance the ability to have multiple green steel items on at once.

Once we see a screen shot people will stop worrying about it.

oronisi
03-26-2008, 06:53 PM
just to be clear i'm not taking sides or anything, just pointing out that impaqt is probably in the top 10 of beleivable forum people, it's not like he's a noob or someone who is constantly full of BS. That's all.

Well, you don't have to think impaqt is lying for what he's saying to not be true. It's entirely possible since he does not have a screenshot of the clensing item or a shroud item with the taint removed that he is claiming it exists as an end reward because someone else told him they looted it. So simply, Imaqt could be trusting someone, and that person could be lying or joking. It has nothing to do with trusting Impaqt, and everything to do with trusting something 3rd hand without any proof.

DNDJESS
03-26-2008, 08:33 PM
This does bring up an interesting question - how often do players think the cleansing item should drop?

Zaodon
03-27-2008, 07:42 AM
This does bring up an interesting question - how often do players think the cleansing item should drop?

Every time.

What? You expected a different answer?
:D

Gornin
03-27-2008, 07:53 AM
I'm pretty sure I saw a screenshot of one in the crafting thread. Can't look for it now. I'll try later unless someone else find it.

jscurrier071
03-27-2008, 08:00 AM
Once the "taint" is removed, what benefit does that give? The ability to equip more than one Shroud raid item?

Aeneas
03-27-2008, 08:01 AM
I'm pretty sure I saw a screenshot of one in the crafting thread. Can't look for it now. I'll try later unless someone else find it.

If you're referring to the one where it says (UBER) in the descriptor, i think you can go ahead and take that as a fake.

Yaga_Nub
03-27-2008, 08:02 AM
Here is a link to the screenshot of the essence of cleansing that is referred to above (http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=1617861&postcount=2855)

Aspenor
03-27-2008, 08:03 AM
Here is a link to the screenshot of the essence of cleansing that is referred to above (http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=1617861&postcount=2855)

I hope everybody knows that screenshot was admittedly photoshopped.....

Vhlad
03-27-2008, 08:09 AM

lol

I love the big grey rectangle behind the text

Missing_Minds
03-27-2008, 08:22 AM

As in out of the final chest, or as in the wagon master of the 12?

Gornin
03-27-2008, 08:25 AM
Ok, didn't know. Just remembered seeing a pix. Thanks Yaga.

Yaga_Nub
03-27-2008, 08:52 AM
Ok, didn't know. Just remembered seeing a pix. Thanks Yaga.

Hey, like Asp and Aeneas said, that pic is most likely a fake. I don't remember seeing the post with the admission that it was photo-shopped but I do know a lot of people that reference that admission.

Oreg
03-27-2008, 08:56 AM
LOL i don't need anyone's "admission" to pass judgment on that photo.

Vhlad
03-27-2008, 09:01 AM
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/3334/burritolo6.jpg

totmacher
03-27-2008, 09:02 AM
I saw one once... but the government is covering it up

/manbearpig

Oreg
03-27-2008, 09:03 AM

Lucky Bastige. Been farming those for a few months now and never even seen one drop.

DolfaTrueheart
03-27-2008, 09:13 AM

FFS Vhlad you had to post from imageshack! I can't access that **** at work!

Hopefully it aint the cleansing! ... Cause I was going to comment that the cleansing is about as real as turbine's fairness in moderating this forums =p

Yaga_Nub
03-27-2008, 09:22 AM

Now I'm hungry! Chipotle here I come!.

Vhlad
03-27-2008, 09:27 AM
FFS Vhlad you had to post from imageshack! I can't access that **** at work!

Hopefully it aint the cleansing!

It's not.

SciFiCowboy
03-27-2008, 09:29 AM
Looking at the thread and the estimate of thousands of completions and the rumor of someone who said they heard from their cousin's buddy who played and heard from a guildie that quested with a pug run of a guy who saw it but didn't get a screen shot.

Estimating 2500 completion runs is a .04% chance of Cleansing dropping per raid. Hmmm multiply that by 12ppl/raid .0003% chance for an individual. So honestly I'd like to see more than 1 in 30,000 people on the servers get the item.

LOL playing with numbers is so much fun.

SciFiCowboy
03-27-2008, 09:32 AM

Say 'ello to my little friend!

I got your essence of burrito right here Vhlad...start enhancing!!!!!!! LOL

Tolero
03-27-2008, 10:39 AM
Now I'm hungry! Chipotle here I come!.

WTB EoB, WTT Cilantro Lime Rice

stockwizard5
03-27-2008, 10:54 AM
Same here on Thelanis ...

We run completions every night - nobody on our runs, nobody in our guild, nobody I know, nobody in any of their guilds, and nobody that they know has ever seen or heard of one dropping.

ps: I think we are on run 15 on some of our characters so for us at least a couple more weeks for big #20.

Borror0
03-27-2008, 11:20 AM

Hey bro, from who did ya hear that?

Seylene
03-27-2008, 11:21 AM
For the number of times that Legions has completed the Shroud, I'm surprised none of their peeps have looted one either....

Nice burrito, Vhlad, LOL :D

Beherit_Baphomar
03-27-2008, 11:56 AM
WTB EoB, WTT Cilantro Lime Rice

Deal!!!

I'll be on around 8ish...

Drith
03-27-2008, 02:03 PM
I love how all the big fish from the Lanis have come to this thread.

Tolero... I luv ya long time and all that so seeing that you've taken the time to read and post in this thread, could you please respond to the original post from this thread with regards to a quote from you. It's kind of an insult to come here and post silly-ness without at least commenting on the original question even if it is a 3 word comment such as "working as intended". (Although we do greatly enjoy silly-ness and the sense of humour of Turbine employees).

To make it easier all you have to do is chose one of the following statements:

A: The drop rate is less then 0.0003 % and the essence appears in the end rewards list.

B: The drop rate is bugged, this will pass it on for the boys to look into this.

C: The wording that Tolero used to describ how players will achieve this item was not well defined and what should have been said is that there is a chance that it appears in the final quest rewards list for every completion that is divisive by 20. i.e. 20, 40, 60, etc....

Thanks ahead of time.

:)

Vhlad
03-27-2008, 02:49 PM
Not much longer and people will be getting their 20ths.

So we can find out if it's in the reward list then.

(sorry Drith. I think my EoB doomed your thread. You won't be getting a serious reply now!)

Drith
03-27-2008, 03:16 PM
Not much longer and people will be getting their 20ths.

So we can find out if it's in the reward list then.

(sorry Drith. I think my EoB doomed your thread. You won't be getting a serious reply now!)

Meh no worries. EoB for the win!

You're right... won't be long until people get their 20th completion.

juniorpfactors
03-27-2008, 03:22 PM
bone dry on every completion I have been in....and from conversations on every run...with the other 11 either in guild or pug...noone on Thelanis has seen it yet that has been made known to any of us

jr

Barumar
03-27-2008, 03:30 PM
Meh no worries. EoB for the win!

You're right... won't be long until people get their 20th completion.

I think this is they key. Wait until people hit 20 completions, and see what they are offered...

Anyone close?

Garth_of_Sarlona
03-27-2008, 03:35 PM
LOL i don't need anyone's "admission" to pass judgment on that photo.

Yeah, with the amount of crazy speculation that already goes on in the forums I didn't want to fan the flames by making it look even approximately realistic... :)

Garth

Tolero
03-27-2008, 04:23 PM
The essences of cleansing are congregating in the 20th completion list. Waiting patiently. Waiting to strike. Each raid completion brings their prey closer to the 20th completion, where the essence will unleash their crafty ... essence...ness...

In short yes, the essence of cleansing is available in reward list of your 20th raid completion.

However, these should not be confused with the essences of tasty ham, nor the essences of burrito, which never appear in any end reward list.

JFeenstra
03-27-2008, 04:27 PM
Once the "taint" is removed, what benefit does that give? The ability to equip more than one Shroud raid item?
you would be correct...

you can equip any number of untainted greensteel items as you wish

ArkoHighStar
03-27-2008, 04:36 PM
The essences of cleansing are congregating in the 20th completion list. Waiting patiently. Waiting to strike. Each raid completion brings their prey closer to the 20th completion, where the essence will unleash their crafty ... essence...ness...

In short yes, the essence of cleansing is available in reward list of your 20th raid completion.

However, these should not be confused with the essences of tasty ham, nor the essences of burrito, which never appear in any end reward list.

well that solves that little mystery:D

Impaqt
03-27-2008, 04:36 PM

Hmmm.....

I Apologize.. SOunds like someone was indeed pullinbg my leg...... I'll have to have a word with them.

Aspenor
03-27-2008, 04:37 PM
you would be correct...

you can equip any number of untainted greensteel items as you wish

add to this...as long as only one of them has the taint ;)

Tolero
03-27-2008, 04:39 PM
Hmmm.....

I Apologize.. SOunds like someone was indeed pullinbg my leg...... I'll have to have a word with them.

Oh I dont know... I believe the original discussion was "do they exist"

Yes they most certainly do

As to "does anyone have one yet"

That's a different story ^^ I'm sure those who end up with them will eventually come to speak of it.

Mindspat
03-27-2008, 04:47 PM

Please correct me if I'm wrong but the Essence of Tasty Burrito is actually a Curse!

Ganak
03-27-2008, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the clarification.

While we are at it: Will the shroud raid give us favor or show as a /quest completion anytime soon?

More feedback: At least a miniscule drop rate during random pre-20 end rewards would be nice please:D.

maddmatt70
03-27-2008, 05:57 PM

A part of me would like to ask if and what will be the other reward options for 20th besides essence of cleansing and another part of me would like to keep the mystery thus the crux.. :)

Yshkabibble
03-27-2008, 07:03 PM
In the absence of an Essence of Cleansing, I would recommend a warm wash cloth to cleanse the taint.

smatt
03-27-2008, 07:24 PM
Maybe they have it set so they only drop on non-bugged completion runs :)

Came back to edit this to make sure people knew I was joking.. Or was I? LOLOLOL No I really was........

I'm betting it's an end reward 20th type of thing.... It would be way to over-powering to be obtained any other way.

brshelton
03-27-2008, 07:26 PM
In the absence of an Essence of Cleansing, I would recommend a warm wash cloth to cleanse the taint.

nonono it only works if its soaked in tasty ham extract!

binnsr
03-27-2008, 08:36 PM
Please correct me if I'm wrong but the Essence of Tasty Burrito is actually a Curse!

More like a 'Foul Miasma'

DolfaTrueheart
03-27-2008, 09:06 PM

Thanks for the clear answer Tolero. We appreciate it. Now another question sorry!!

When is it being fixed so the Shroud shows under /quest completion ????

Vhlad
03-27-2008, 10:10 PM
The burrito should heal you, but damage and fear those in your proximity.

Vordax
03-28-2008, 12:55 AM
A part of me would like to ask if and what will be the other reward options for 20th besides essence of cleansing and another part of me would like to keep the mystery thus the crux.. :)

I bet they make it a real hard decision for the 20th... Essence of cleansing or a +3 (or +4?) tome of your choice....

What would you choose?

Vordax

Yaga_Nub
03-28-2008, 07:03 AM

It depends on your point of view. See posts below. ;)

More like a 'Foul Miasma'

The burrito should heal you, but damage and fear those in your proximity.

llevenbaxx
03-28-2008, 07:14 AM
Someone in a group last night recieved an Essence of Cleansing last night as a reward for the raid... he didnt know what it was and had to ask, to which about 10 people chimed in that he wanted it. For what its worth.

stockwizard5
03-28-2008, 08:11 AM
Someone in a group last night recieved an Essence of Cleansing last night as a reward for the raid... he didnt know what it was and had to ask, to which about 10 people chimed in that he wanted it. For what its worth.

Would this someone have a name?

llevenbaxx
03-28-2008, 08:25 AM
Would this someone have a name?

Sorry, terrible at remembering names. Can PM the guild they were from if you are looking to track them down though.

Drith
03-28-2008, 09:06 AM
Sorry, terrible at remembering names. Can PM the guild they were from if you are looking to track them down though.

I know him! I wasn't there but I got a mail message in my unconfirmed mail from my cousin saying that his brother in law knew a guy who knew this guy who thinks that his little brother WAS THE GUY who pulled the essence of cleansing.

I tried to get my cousin to get his brother in law to get his so called aquaintence to get his little brother to take a screen shot and send it to me but that might take a little while so until then hang in there!.

P.S. Thank you very much Tolero. Much appreciated. I promise no more questions from me until the next big thing comes up.

As far as /quest completions goes..... meh whatever, keep running it every 3 days.

RE: +3 or + 4 tome versus Essence of cleansing. I'd take the tomes, hands down. And I've already munched down 4 different + 3 tomes.

llevenbaxx
03-28-2008, 09:17 AM
I know him! I wasn't there but I got a mail message in my unconfirmed mail from my cousin saying that his brother in law knew a guy who knew this guy who thinks that his little brother WAS THE GUY who pulled the essence of cleansing.

I tried to get my cousin to get his brother in law to get his so called aquaintence to get his little brother to take a screen shot and send it to me but that might take a little while so until then hang in there!.

P.S. Thank you very much Tolero. Much appreciated. I promise no more questions from me until the next big thing comes up.

As far as /quest completions goes..... meh whatever, keep running it every 3 days.

RE: +3 or + 4 tome versus Essence of cleansing. I'd take the tomes, hands down. And I've already munched down 4 different + 3 tomes.

Ok...:rolleyes:

Whippy
03-28-2008, 11:00 PM
It seems to me that having them as a 20th reward is a little weak... in my opinion a random but fairly low (yet reasonable) drop rate as a normal end reward would be far fairer on everyone. All my characters have had several shroud completions, but it will be a very long time until they get to 20, and I know this goes for the majority of players too.

It takes approx 2hrs to run a completion, give or take 30mins depending on group, but there are a lot of people who don't have time to do it on character after character, or will happily swap out to another toon to help out with what the party is missing. My point is, unless your really some what of a power gamer, the cleansing gem will be some kind of distant pipe dream. It was my understanding that the style of the new raid was to allow for the more casual player to have as fair a chance as anyone else, and thus making the cleansing gem only available for 20th completions, completely negates this. I have a lot of time to play, so this is not necessarily from a personal perspective, I know for a fact it will be a very very very long time for many many people to get to 20.

These people will also be penalised because they may have time to run parts 1-3 a lot more often than they do 1-5, and thus have a surplus of small and med ingredients. The lack of any chance of a cleansing gem on the few times they do complete, utterly prevents them from using those ingredients to make more items for themselves. Once again going against the whole philosiphy behind the new raid style.

Dev's please rethink this a little, in the interests of your new ethos, make it fairer for all concerned! :p

Lewcipher
03-28-2008, 11:43 PM
Every three days...20 completions..60 days (probably take more unless you don't sleep)

Doesn't really matter if you're a power gamer or not, if you're in it for the completion. It can take quite a while to get all the ingredients to get/upgrade your item. This taint (not the Burrito), only applies to items correct? Not weapons?

Whippy
03-30-2008, 10:24 PM
Dunno about taking a while to upgrade and get ingredients, doesn't take that long, get a few each run, someone doesn't need their shard, 3-4 runs your pretty much set for doing your first and second upgrade.

Another thought is that if it drops in the 20th, then it should really come under the category of static raid loot, so therefore should be some random chance of it dropping in the chests in part 5 maybe? Like in other raids.